How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-08, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend LS Sedan
Car 2: 2008 Grand Caravan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers

I have noticed multiple threads and questions regarding Iggees so I wrote this up. I tried to post in DIY, but was told I did not have permission to start a thread in that section...
  1. Do on a sunny day...or keep the heat on in the car...keeps the seat covers "stretchy" and supple.
  2. Start with the passenger side ...easier to install because less gadgets under the seat
  3. Will Be easier with a friend, but I did install solo in under 90 minutes.
  4. Do not cut holes for the headrest with scissors - see my suggestion below.
  5. Remove the headrest
  6. Slip/push/pull the top portion of the cover over the seatback
  7. When you get it all the way down, there is a flap on the underside of the seat cover with 2 elastic straps. That flap and the straps go between the seatback and the bottom of the seat and pull through to the backside of your seat, so you can grab them from the backseat of your car (Keep these pulled through to the back for a future step)
  8. Go back to the front and pull the bottom portion of the seatcover into its general place over the base of your seat (at this point see the link below for a modification I did so all the seat controls are visable. You could do this modification now, but note I did the generic install first and then the modification 2 weeks later - after I was sure the seat covers were in their final "resting" place).
  9. Place the metal "S" hooks on all the straps (I used a set of needle nose to close off the opening after I put these on the straps so the hooks would not keep falling off).
  10. This is when having a helping friend comes in handy. Note you may have to slide the seat forward/back/or up if you have that option for these next steps and you may get some small cuts on your hands...I did.
  11. You need to reach the front straps and hooks from the back foot well and pull the straps towards the back and then I took the straps in the back and attached to the hooks from the front straps.
  12. The straps that came through the seat back and seat bottom discussed above. Pull on them tighly and make sure they hook onto something tightly. Those straps are important to keep the seat looking snug, so that there is a nice sharp angle between the seat bottom and the seat back.
  13. Basically through trial and error I got each strap as tight as possible through attaching to other straps or to something under the seat. There was alot of going back and forth between the front of the seat and the back of the seat until I got it right (would have been easier with a friend to hand me the straps).
  14. The directions called for cutting the holes for the headrest with scissors before installation and tucking the material under the headrest buttons...impossible for me to do this, so I installed the seatcover first. Then felt for the holes and drilled a small hole half the size of the headrest hole (careful not to bind the material), then jimmied the headrest thru the holes. Much cleaner look when done and can still use the headrest button thru the material, not that you should need to once you get the height right.
  15. Should be done, move onto the next seat.

Iggee Comments - The Iggee do fit tight and look good imo. They will bridge across the back bucket, because they are so tight. After 8 months of use, they still look very good. The color match of the "leather" portion of the Iggee Beige is very good for my Type F interior. I did not even need to use the headrest covers, because the match was so close. Overall the seat covers are great for the price ($84 delivered).

My original post after installation with before and after pics - https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...2/#post1152697

Also - it is very much worth the extra time and effort to perform the Iggee Control Modification I wrote up and linked below. You may want to install the seat covers for a few weeks first to let them "settle", then do the modification....carefully...starts with small holes...you can make a hole bigger, but you can not make it smaller.

Seat Cover With The Control Modification

Lots of Step by Step Pictures - https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...0/#post1162684

That was a lot of writing...hope it helps...post any questions or pm...

'91 LS - Golden Glow Pearl Clearcoat w/ Ivory Leather 94K miles

Mods 7 Spoke OEM Machined Rims, Sunroof Tilt, Armrest w/ Cupholder, Iggee Seat Covers w/ Controls mod. UnMods Removed tint

Gallery Pictures Link

DIY's
1) How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers
2) Iggee front seat covers w/ seat controls mod

Last edited by 91LSplendid; 06-23-08 at 05:54 PM.
91LSplendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-08, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 acura legend coupe
Car 2: 2009 acura tsx

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackbird69 Send a message via MSN to blackbird69 Send a message via Yahoo to blackbird69
good job, exactly as it should be done, i love the black ones i have on my car, and tell ppl to make sure they get the ones without the holes already cut
Old 06-23-08, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks!! this is gonna be a major help when i recieve my iggee's tomorrow. i already printed this out. very good write up.
pro_foundac91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-08, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: '95 Coupe
Car 2: '94 Sedan GS
Car 3: '90 Coupe

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to FutureX 2001 Send a message via AIM to FutureX 2001 Send a message via MSN to FutureX 2001
The instructions are pretty clear, but did anyone take pictures of the actual install process and not just the end result? I want to see the hook placements / back of the seat a bit more. Some people say removing the Driver's Seat is best.... ?

Doing this on the Sedan (for my parents), they don't want to shell out $500 for new seats like I will on the coupe next year lol.
FutureX 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Hey! I never did tell you how much this DIY helped me when I installed mine.
Great writeup!
LegendLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend LS Sedan
Car 2: 2008 Grand Caravan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureX 2001 View Post
The instructions are pretty clear, but did anyone take pictures of the actual install process and not just the end result? I want to see the hook placements / back of the seat a bit more. Some people say removing the Driver's Seat is best.... ?

Doing this on the Sedan (for my parents), they don't want to shell out $500 for new seats like I will on the coupe next year lol.

No pics of my original install, but I did not remove the seats. The hooks go to anything you want under the seats. Get as tight as possible. I tied knots in some of the "bungy" cords to shorten them and then attached to something if necessary. Would be easier with a friend to pass you the hooks from the other side of the seat, but I did do it solo. I attached the hooks to other hooks, brackets under the seat...anything I could find. For some I even used a pair of needle nose so I could reach farther under the seat. Easier than it all sounds.

I do have LOTS of pics in my Iggee Modification DIY in my signature...I unhooked some of the bungies...you can see that. maybe it would help.

BTW - do the modification - your parents will like it (and you) that much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLand View Post
Hey! I never did tell you how much this DIY helped me when I installed mine.
Great writeup!
Thanks - glad it helped.

'91 LS - Golden Glow Pearl Clearcoat w/ Ivory Leather 94K miles

Mods 7 Spoke OEM Machined Rims, Sunroof Tilt, Armrest w/ Cupholder, Iggee Seat Covers w/ Controls mod. UnMods Removed tint

Gallery Pictures Link

DIY's
1) How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers
2) Iggee front seat covers w/ seat controls mod
91LSplendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)