Iggee Seat Cover Mod-visible seat controls w/o removing the seat - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-07, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend LS Sedan
Car 2: 2008 Grand Caravan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Iggee Seat Cover Mod-visible seat controls w/o removing the seat

A few weeks back I installed the beige Iggee Seat Covers in my 91 sedan with Type F interior. The color match was good enough that I did not use the headrest covers. Also, I gave some hints on a previous post for the normal installation of these covers - specifically an alternate way to make the holes for the headrest by carefully using a drill...see... https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ighlight=iggee ...Also, see the 2nd picture in this post-the headrest holes look nice and clean.

I have been very happy with these seat covers, except that they covered the controls. Even though the controls are useable through the fabric with the standard installation, the seat base looked awkward and very bulky. After a few weeks it got under my skin.

I needed to find out how to remove the plastic covers at the bottom of the seat. I found directions for Front Seat Replacement at http://www.arnach.net/service/index....=805&z=2690&r=

Note - I skipped steps 1 & 2 on these Front Seat Replacement directions, but used steps 3, 4 & 5 to perform the seat control modification.

Below I will detail the steps. NOTE - You DO NOT have to remove your seats to install these seat covers or to do these modifications.

Here is a picture of the ripped seat just for before and after comparisons

Step 1 - Install the seat covers per the standard directions from Iggee, but using the headrest mod I suggested above. I would suggest having these covers installed the standard way for a few days/weeks before doing the seat control modifications. This way you can make sure everything is in its final position before making these modifications.

Close up picture of my issue - the bulky looking, no visible controls seat base

Step 2 - Unclip a few of the straps from the seat cover so you can lift up the needed area

Step 3 - Remove the plastic seat base front cover by removing the 2 philips head screws that are on the underside of the front edge of the seat - you will need one of those very short philips head screwdrivers. Then remove the front screw of the reclining cover and pull it towards you.

Step 4 - Pull the two switch knobs off carefully and remove the knob trim panel by sliding it forward and then pulling it out....no picture, but the front seat replacement directions discussed above sort of show you.

Step 5 - Reinstall the seat cover tensioning straps between the seat and the reclining cover. Return your seat to your normal driving position (memory position), then make sure everything is in place, then reinstall the screw for the reclining cover and then reinstall the plastic front cover and screw it in (all screws will go through the fabric of the seat cover so make sure the seat cover is properly in place)

Step 6 - Verify once again the seat cover is in place and then place the knob trim panel over the knob "studs" to get placement. Push hard to make marks in the fabric for the next step.

Step 7 - using sharp scissors CAREFULLY cut out the 4 holes for the trim panel, as well as the knob studs. DO NOT MAKE THE HOLES TOO BIG. Make sure the holes will stay out of sight behind the trim panel. Start small...you can always make them bigger...you can not make them smaller!

Step 8 - Reinstall the Trim Panel & Knobs. The trim panel is a little tricky to get back on. You need to push it in and towards the back of the seat. You should feel a slight click. You are done!

'91 LS - Golden Glow Pearl Clearcoat w/ Ivory Leather 94K miles

Mods 7 Spoke OEM Machined Rims, Sunroof Tilt, Armrest w/ Cupholder, Iggee Seat Covers w/ Controls mod. UnMods Removed tint

Gallery Pictures Link

DIY's
1) How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers
2) Iggee front seat covers w/ seat controls mod

Last edited by 91LSplendid; 11-14-07 at 08:25 PM. Reason: additional step to make sure all looks good
91LSplendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-07, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Yeah BABY!

Car 1: 92 BLK/BLK LEGEND LS (Sold)
Car 2: 96 INTEGRA LS

Looks good man. This is good to know.

05 TL Wheels
OEM TL Hid's 4300k
JDM Eyelids
Clear Corners
OEM? Fogs
KYB GR-2's
Dropped
eBay Intake
V6 emblems
35% / 20% tints
Kenwood Sub
Dinero19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
I Am Not Anderson Cooper

Car 1: 94 Legend L Sedan
Car 2: 94 Honda Civic Dx

Send a message via AIM to Double Glow
great! Mine had a hole cut in them for access to the controlls when I got the car.

Old 11-14-07, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
those seat covers look really natural with the bottom part showing, very nice diy!
Artillery129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 08:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 LS Sedan
Car 2: 90 Camry DX

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
great idea thanks for the write up i think imma do this too when i get my iggee seat covers.
IAmLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
wow... that's... pretty fuckin cool. might have to think about those for the beater
spawn_of_stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

You're the man...and I commend you for this write up. Thanks again
WAJO22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend Coupe LS

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
The Crowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

sweeett!! good job man
pro_foundac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Great Job!! I did that same thing with my 91 LS sedan. When you do that, the seat covers really look like they were naturally supposed to be there.
Joe Germain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car 1: '92 Legend Coupe LS
Car 2: '91 Legend Sedan L

Looks great, I was considering them for my 2 door, but I don't think the the latch to swing the seat forward will work with them.. Anybody have any ideas?
r3dw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 02:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
is this real life?

Car 1: Pearl White '91 LS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
just wanna say i got my iggees today and i cant wait to put em on.. hot damn they look and feel good.

great job ill def be using this guide

Check us out on IRC chat!
Server: EFnet
Channel: #acura-legend

Need a chat client? www.mirc.com
or web-based www.mibbit.com
asdfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 03:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 15 reviews
nice write up. I'm definitely going to do this when i get my iggees.

I'll have to do it on both sides seats though!
quanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 08:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend LS Sedan
Car 2: 2008 Grand Caravan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quanaman View Post
nice write up. I'm definitely going to do this when i get my iggees.

I'll have to do it on both sides seats though!

Thanks everyone...this mod really makes a difference in appearance of the covers. FYI - I recently wrote up a DIY on https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...8/#post1293770.

What do you mean both sides of seat? I have a lumbar control on the right side of my driver's seat, but I left that under the seat cover...I never used it after inital set up....unless you mean your drivers seat and your passengers seat. I did both. It is the same process for both.

'91 LS - Golden Glow Pearl Clearcoat w/ Ivory Leather 94K miles

Mods 7 Spoke OEM Machined Rims, Sunroof Tilt, Armrest w/ Cupholder, Iggee Seat Covers w/ Controls mod. UnMods Removed tint

Gallery Pictures Link

DIY's
1) How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers
2) Iggee front seat covers w/ seat controls mod

Last edited by 91LSplendid; 06-23-08 at 08:47 PM.
91LSplendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-08, 12:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
is this real life?

Car 1: Pearl White '91 LS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
i just removed my seats and switches... chose to do it like this for easier access to the bottom panels and im going to shampoo the entire car.

however, if you are attempting this for the first time, the plastic panel that encompases the switches does not SNAP in. You have to slide it forward and then pull it out.. I pried the fucking thing and broke two clips.. although it really doesnt make a difference because the buttons hold it into place anyways.

just thought id share to prevent some frustration.

also, when disconnecting the wires from motorized seats.. the main cable is connected to the seat by a swivel clip. you can just pull this off the bolt that its on... no need to cut it like i did.. DOH!

just fyi

ill post some after pics... after.

Check us out on IRC chat!
Server: EFnet
Channel: #acura-legend

Need a chat client? www.mirc.com
or web-based www.mibbit.com
asdfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)