Legend Common Problems (Wont Start? Overheating?) - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-08, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Honda Accord EX
Car 2: 95 Acura Legend L

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN2MENTAL95 View Post
sounds like a bad ignition switch to me.....

Yes, I had the same problem. I ordered the switch on ebay. Looks like this...

When it came, I installed in the same day and it was fine. I think I paid like $50 for it.
AKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-08, 10:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 white legend
Car 2: 90 nissan 300zx
Car 3: 99 bmw 323i stolen

Whats up guys, I just bought a 93 acura legend last week after my BMW got stolen two months ago. The car started to overheat, the temp gauge fluxes between hot and normal. At first I just filled the radiator and the overheating went away. Then it happen again, I check top hose and it was hot then i check the bottom rad hose it was cold. I change the thermostate today and the same thing happen again, I was thinking the new thermostat from autozone was defective, so I went back and got another one.The new one works fine "I guess" because the top rad hose is hot and the bottom rad is hot too, BUT the temp gauge falux a little between hot and normal. There is no air in the system, I bleeded it so WHAT ELSE COULD BE WRONG???
white_legend_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-08, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend coupe

my car wont start after oil change i checked and it does have spark and gas
but i did see pil in the intake and when i pulled off the radiator hose it started up but there was alot of white smoke
exo18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-08, 05:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo18 View Post
my car wont start after oil change i checked and it does have spark and gas
but i did see pil in the intake and when i pulled off the radiator hose it started up but there was alot of white smoke
Read my sig
Originally Posted by DandDEE View Post
welcome to BHG country join the club... sounds like a bhg dude idk i could be wrong but the bhg is the grim reaper of us all
Old 12-13-08, 09:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda Legend KA7

Check engine light comes on dimly when ignition engaged, but does not go back off. I'll test the ignition unit now.
->In that condition, check the different +12 paths to the ECU.
Daniel_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-08, 11:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend LS

Car idles at 2.2k RPM all the time. When I'm driving at about 60 mph on the free way, it's up to 4.5k RPM. When I stop, it is back at 2.2K RPM and sometimes it goes up to 2.9k and drops back down to 2.2k but never lower. There are no leaks at all. What do you think?
manslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-08, 09:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

Car 1: 3.5L 1991 LS Coupe 5 Spd Blk/Blk
Car 2: 1999 Acura 3.5RL
Car 3: 2004 GMC Sierra Z71

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mike Diaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by manslayer View Post
Car idles at 2.2k RPM all the time. When I'm driving at about 60 mph on the free way, it's up to 4.5k RPM. When I stop, it is back at 2.2K RPM and sometimes it goes up to 2.9k and drops back down to 2.2k but never lower. There are no leaks at all. What do you think?
major vacuum leak or a terribly leaky IAC or fast idle valve. If you don't know how to find this yourself, you should have somebody look at this before you prematurely wear out your transmission, mounts, etc.
Mike Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-08, 05:49 PM   #23 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend Coupe
Car 2: 1989 Acura Legend
Car 3: 93 Legend LS std

91 legend coupe

I brought a 91 legend coupe about a year back. I had change the tranmission on the car and now the D4 light is flashing. Could it be my tranmission again? But my tranmission shift but harder than usual. Thank you.
darkside07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 08:06 PM   #24 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda Legend KA7

D4 means an electrical problem. Might be the tranny but this is rather unusal. Read out the error codes.
Daniel_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 12:30 AM   #25 (permalink)

Car 1: 92 Legend LS

Erratic Idle, no heat in vent...

Over the last few weeks after 5 minutes of startup, my windshield defrost would all of a sudden start spewing a more humid air and actually frost up the windshield (it is stupid cold here in Calgary). After another few minutes it would blow normal and defrost the window. Sometimes when idling for a long time there would be a few drops of oil or coolant...never much.

A few days ago it stalled when idling. Now after a few minutes the idle goes erratic and the only time it blows heat its when the rpms are up...and it's only luke warm at that.

I have read 100's of posts and yes, I have read white_legend_93's sig several times...I hope I don't have a BHG (does not blow smoke)! I just didn't read about anyone else getting the humid air at first...

Here is what I have done:
-checked coolant level...clean and full in rad and at MIN on reservoir.
-Tried bleeding line...not sure if I did it right (screw after top hose?)
-tried running with rad cap off (neighbor said it would get rid of air pockets)-this only slowly created a puddle.

Here is what I think it may be from other posts:
-Rad Cap causing air in system?
-thermostat?
-heater core?

I love reading through the posts on these forums and I'm sorry if I am posting this in the wrong spot or if I have missed another post outlining this exact issue.

Thanks to anyone with insight on what this may be...
CowboyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 09:45 AM   #26 (permalink)

Car 1: 2006 Honda S2000
Car 2: 2002 Audi A4 3.0
Car 3: 1991 Legend [FS]

Mysterious Stall

Our '91 Legend mysteriosly stalled at a stop light today. Started back up with no problems. Hope this isn't a sign of some worse problems to come.

I should also say there is no overheating (coolant temp normal), no warning lights.
Kamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 07:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

New question if my temp gauge flaux between cold and 2 notched below half, whats the problem? I think i had saw in a thread thats its a relay or something,plus my fan does not kick in after I turn off the car, it usually does. Any ideas?

ps oh btw my heat works just fine,
welcome to BHG country join the club... sounds like a bhg dude idk i could be wrong but the bhg is the grim reaper of us all
Old 01-10-09, 08:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
IamLegend

Car 1: 93 Acura Legend
Car 2: skyline one day

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Im officially in the bhg country club, can some of you tell me about how after you got your bhg done your car ran forever with no problems what so ever???

-T
trs031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 09:08 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trs031 View Post
Im officially in the bhg country club, can some of you tell me about how after you got your bhg done your car ran forever with no problems what so ever???
Welcome, I just did a jdm swap because it was cheaper around my area.everwhere I went the head gasket was $1200 or >.I got quoted $5k to get a engine rebuild around here.
Old 01-11-09, 01:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
IamLegend

Car 1: 93 Acura Legend
Car 2: skyline one day

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Damn homie, I feel ya I hear alot of members talk about their struggles with finding decent prices.But I bet your new engine is sick huh????? Now a days all there is is part replacers, no more real mechanics. I happen to get lucky and found my self another mechanic, considering my last one who I used to pay with cases of beer died, rip bro. So thanks to this forum and a lil bit of networking I was able to find a great new mechanic who is legend specific and charges very reasonable prices so much so I'm doing my timing belt and water pump too and again for a riducoulously reasonable price by a legend guru(as if that isnt rare enough) mechanic, not part replacer. I stress that because there is such a big difference.

-T
trs031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)