Legend Common Problems (Wont Start? Overheating?) - Page 4 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-09, 06:23 AM   #46 (permalink)

Car 1: legend 91

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by premilove View Post
ok so here is my story. i got a 1995 legend at an amazing price. 3600 85K miles. lucky for me, a hose burst, which lead to the thermostat goin on me. i got that replaced at 87500K lucky for me after this my waterpump went about 1k miles later. so here we are around 88500k close to 90k. i then notice temperature spikes. i took the car to acura and made them fix EVERYTHING that was wrong, spent a good 2800. they replaced my timing belt, and differentials, some other good stuff i dont remember. im standing at a light nearby, in Drive, with my foot on the brake. what do i see? temperature rises about 2-3 notches away from H. there is no knocking sounds, no slipping between the gears, i dont know of any leaks...maybe one of you experienced acura legend owners may know why is this happening? please help! i love this car i do not want to get rid of it.
I had a similar problem for a long time. It would even disappear for sometime and come back again. I changed my thermostat and it worked like a beauty. The problem is that your radiator fan doesn't work while the car is running. However, after turning it off you will hear it kick in. It costs only like thirty/forty dollars. And it takes about an hour to change. The rest of the time you can spend flushing the system since the coolant is already out and start fresh. Good Luck!
leg396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-09, 06:31 AM   #47 (permalink)

Car 1: legend 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by trs031 View Post
I cureently have a 93 acura legend, which ive been modifying lil by lil. Since i bought the car there has been this lil problem where when its in park idling it will start to rev up on its own, and occasionally even shut off. As soon as i put it into drive the problem is gone./ So for over 6 months i havent barely thought of the problem into oday after i installed my CAI, and suddenly the problem was multipled by 100. over revving like crazy trying to shut off on me. At first i was thinking VSS but its my rpm's not the speed gauge.Abs and brake light also on for no apparent reason. My local mechanic couldnt figure it out. Pleas some one help meeee. I really want to pu my CAI on and countinue to modify my car. thank you TrS
The solution to this problem is to replace something called the "TW5" sensor, according to the manual. It could be easily accessed from the top of the engine and it is somewhere close to the coolant bleeding valve. Costs around 30 dollars. you just need a deep socket to replace it. Then, your car will be very happy!
leg396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 09:00 PM   #48 (permalink)

91 acura legend

It was overheating only when i drove for long periods of time. So I replaced my thermostat. After this it is still overheating and I can not seem to figure out the problem. please help
jazzy jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-09, 02:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
xX_0utAC0ntr0l_Xx

Car 1: 92 Legend COupe
Car 2: 88 Honda civic 4dr

Send a message via AIM to MiZz_BlaZe
IM SO PISSED ..!!! The car has only been sitting for no more then 5 hours and now it wont start ..!!!!! it cranks .. but wont turn over..it was fine this morning ... And todays my 1st day of classs .. and im LATE !!! WTF do i do .?
Old 08-26-09, 03:23 PM   #50 (permalink)
sap

Car 1: 92 LS Sedan AT
Car 2: 93 L Coupe 6MT :(
Car 3: 86 Camaro IROC Z

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sap
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZz_BlaZe View Post
IM SO PISSED ..!!! The car has only been sitting for no more then 5 hours and now it wont start ..!!!!! it cranks .. but wont turn over..it was fine this morning ... And todays my 1st day of classs .. and im LATE !!! WTF do i do .?
I'd check out the main relay. If you turn the key to "II" can you hear the fuel pump priming for a couple of seconds?

Visit the Legend Wiki
sap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 03:04 AM   #51 (permalink)

Unhappy I have an ignition problem...

WHen i first turn on my legend it usually takes me like 3 or 4 tries to get it going. This has to be a problem with my starter right???
lgndboy530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 03:20 AM   #52 (permalink)
sap

What's it doing when it doesn't start? If it's cranking over fine and just not starting it's not your starter (likely culprit would be the main relay).

https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...cedure-105201/

Visit the Legend Wiki
Old 09-14-09, 04:20 PM   #53 (permalink)

yea..it cranks up normally but id doesnt start...i have to deal with this every morning...i eventually get it going but once the car completely cools it does it again...
lgndboy530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 04:57 PM   #54 (permalink)
sap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgndboy530 View Post
yea..it cranks up normally but id doesnt start...i have to deal with this every morning...i eventually get it going but once the car completely cools it does it again...
Did you check that thread I linked? Should be able to narrow the problem down from there.

Visit the Legend Wiki
Old 11-07-09, 09:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgndboy530 View Post
I've got the same issue with mine. Weird question but when's the last time you changed your fuel filter? I know it's not my main relay and there are times when it will crank and not start, but if I open my gas cap and let some pressure out it will turn right over.

Anyway here is my quick question, I have a 91 Sedan (automatic) and I'm pretty sure my torque converter is shot since it's starting to hard-shift off and on/stall. Does anyone know offhand if I'll have to drop the tranny completely to swap it out/have it refurbed?
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 08:44 PM   #56 (permalink)

Car stalls when idle

Hello,

I have a 1991 Legend coupe and recently my car has been revving extremely low when idle (i get a vibration feeling as well). Now all of a sudden when I am driving really slow (in traffic, comming to a stop or at a light), the car revs down to 200 RPM (sometimes it fluctuates up and down alone) and then just shuts off ! It starts without a problem right after it stalls but I have to keep revving it in neutral when stopped or moving slow to prevent it from stalling again. Does anyone know what this could be ?? Please help I love this car.

Thanks,

Nick
nickcaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-09, 03:40 PM   #57 (permalink)

Doesn't hold a charge

I have a '94 legend that for some reason now won't hold a charge - as I drive, the battery light comes on and the car ends up dying. I pulled the alternator and had it tested - supposedly it is fine, and I have a new battery. So what the hell? Is there a voltage regulator somewhere that I need to replace?
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 08:00 PM   #58 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
I'd check out the main relay. If you turn the key to "II" can you hear the fuel pump priming for a couple of seconds?
When i turn mine to II i dont hear the fuel pump priming, im thinnking fuel pump or is it the main relay?
414Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 05:27 PM   #59 (permalink)

my windshield wipers arent working

so i got in my car one morning to drive to work its raining out so i needed to have my wipers on i flick the switch WTF i dont have wipers uh well i drove to work blind

i came home immediately checked everything related the fuse under the dash i changed that one changed the fuse in the fuse box A and still nothing

changed my motor i noticed it was creating more restriction than it should have

still nothing so i thought hmm maybe my switch is bad! so i changed that and still no dice!

im stumped ive looked in my haynes and the diagram states there are 2 no relays and 1 nc relay but doesnt tell me where they are....im sure its under the kick panel but idk where anything is back there..

could someone tell me exactly what i should be looking for?
IdriveLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 01:58 PM   #60 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend

My Acura ran great until I changed the battery. Now just turns over. Are there any security issues like chrysler used to have where you had to turn the key in the driver door to reset it?
AllenBrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)