Legend Common Problems (Wont Start? Overheating?) - Page 6 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-12, 07:39 AM   #76 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 ACURA LEGEND

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATechnique View Post
I solved my overheating problem, was a blown fuse. Easy fix, luckily.
Im glad that you found your solution.
Advertisement

Old 04-03-12, 06:04 PM   #77 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend L

I've been creeping on this server for the last 1.5 years or so and figured it's finally time for me to register. This weekend the car wouldn't start in the garage and I was able to figure out it the issue was the main relay and cost me less than $80 to fix. About a year ago, you guys helped me diagnose a faulty VSS. Even the recommendation for the OEM oil filter only has helped me. For all this, thanks.
I have a MINT 1995 Legend L sedan with only 41k miles so luckily I haven't had many issues with it. Bought it from my uncle less than 2 years ago and have been babying it since. Drove <2000 miles in the last 13 months. Just trying to make sure I do everything in my power to make sure I don't in the future.
npatel107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 07:27 PM   #78 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by npatel107 View Post
I've been creeping on this server for the last 1.5 years or so and figured it's finally time for me to register. This weekend the car wouldn't start in the garage and I was able to figure out it the issue was the main relay and cost me less than $80 to fix. About a year ago, you guys helped me diagnose a faulty VSS. Even the recommendation for the OEM oil filter only has helped me. For all this, thanks.
I have a MINT 1995 Legend L sedan with only 41k miles so luckily I haven't had many issues with it. Bought it from my uncle less than 2 years ago and have been babying it since. Drove <2000 miles in the last 13 months. Just trying to make sure I do everything in my power to make sure I don't in the future.
very nice and welcome to the forums

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.

Last edited by 4HondaOwner; 04-03-12 at 07:41 PM.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-15, 12:37 AM   #79 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Acura Legend Coupe

I recently had work done on my car because the speed sensor was bad, and I had a funky idle. The car would jump up to like 3000 rpm and then drop slightly but rev up and down over and over. Anyway, I got it fixed and it turns out the intake manifold gasket was cracked and it was causing a leak (this is because my friend who is a mechanic was replacing my egr and cleaning my intake manifold and then accidentally cracked the gasket but was able to seal it up with some pasty solution stuff). Idle issues are now gone, but apparently the mechanics did some shoddy work because a day later I noticed my car starting to overheat and after parking, I noticed coolant dripping from one of the ends of my upper radiator hose. Turns out the clamp on the hose was loose and the hose itself wasn't even 100% on. After tightening the clamp and fixing the hose, there was no more leaking and I added coolant. The car has been fine, however, it will occasionally and randomly get a little hot. The temp gauge never leaves the line before the middle, but sometimes it flirts with getting to that middle line and will sometimes even line up perfectly with it, but it never goes higher. Some side notes, the only other overheating problems I have ever had were when my water pump was leaking and I ended up replacing the water pump, timing belt, and radiator altogether. This was just under a year ago so those parts are pretty new. And just before that, I changed the EGR valve and cleaned out all the build up in the pipe and intake manifold. Yet, my CEL is on telling me its the EGR again. What on earth is causing the car to slightly overheat??
cyoung2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 07:30 PM   #80 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda legend 1999

I have a honda legend 1999, i got this problem when my engine is cold (morning) , my engine wont start, it wont say vrooooommm. But when i do it many times the engine will start, but strong vibration. Please help :'(
mitsuji26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 03:12 AM   #81 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura

nice for a vehicle
trungtamxetaisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)