Looking for some kind of honda fog switch - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-06, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Car 1: 97 Accord Wagon (SiR)
Car 2: 92 Lexus SC400

iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Shaar
Looking for some kind of honda fog switch

i need it to be this exact shape. it needs to fit where the heated seats switch pops out of... rectangular with rounded corners.

heres an example of what i need. Its from a JDM prelude, and its on ebay for like 50 bucks. are there any other cars here that have this switch?

Shaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-06, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I don't have the car in front of me but I'm pretty sure my mom's 2000 Eclipse GT has that exact foglight button. Perhaps the same chinese slave serves both companies? Hope that helps expand your search options.
TLReaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-06, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

lol @ chinese slave comment. i'll check it out on ebay and see if theres something there

Old 09-27-06, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
A murder of Scarecrows Champion, Just Not Cricket Champion

Car 1: ITR 00-106
Car 2: 95 FZJ 80

iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kenso
94-01 Integra OEM accessory foglight switch would work if you can find one.

Old 09-27-06, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

thats exactly what i just ran into and i was going to post back on here! haha great minds think alike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-I...38958646QQrdZ1
Old 09-27-06, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaar
thats exactly what i just ran into and i was going to post back on here! haha great minds think alike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-I...38958646QQrdZ1
Haha, nice!
Kenso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-06, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

where would 'one' find a wiring diagram for the integra switch? usdm or jdm, prob doesn't matter. i want to get the backlight functional as well as the 'on' indicator light. this is going to be used to turn on and off my fogs in the jdm headlights that are on the way
Old 09-27-06, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=685131
Old 09-27-06, 09:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

ken, excellent find. thank you i'm contemplating weather or not i want the foglights to work only with headlights on or give me the option to turn them on whenever..

becuase from the looks of that diy, the foglights will only work with the headlights on..

edit: actually it would make more sense to have it work with the headlights becuase then the button will light up accordingly. if it had constant power to it all the time, then it would always be lit up, and the fogs wouldn't turn off when i turn off the car. solution to that would be give it a switchable source at both wires? but then the button would still be lit up all the time... hmmm
Old 09-27-06, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaar
ken, excellent find. thank you i'm contemplating weather or not i want the foglights to work only with headlights on or give me the option to turn them on whenever..

becuase from the looks of that diy, the foglights will only work with the headlights on..

edit: actually it would make more sense to have it work with the headlights becuase then the button will light up accordingly. if it had constant power to it all the time, then it would always be lit up, and the fogs wouldn't turn off when i turn off the car. solution to that would be give it a switchable source at both wires? but then the button would still be lit up all the time... hmmm

Keep me in the loop on what you come up with on this, I am interested in having the fog lights be able to run w/o the headlights on as well, and was trying to come up witha solution for this to no avail.
gerray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-06, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Spiral descent

Car 1: 1994 GS 6-speed
Car 2: 1996 A6

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to telafonic Send a message via Yahoo to telafonic Send a message via Skype™ to telafonic
I'm not sure if I can help or not, but here's what I did;
I used a relay, and to power the switch I used an accessory power source, the cig lighter I believe, which turns off when the key is turned to off. The lights will not turn on without the key in the 1st position, and they are not connected to the headlights.
In your case, you could do the same but since you want the light on the switch to work only when the headlights are on, you'd have to run it differently.

So, you are planning on mounting the switch in that hole where you had that third seat heater switch or something? That will look good.
Old 09-28-06, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

yep thats exactly where i'm putting that switch. right in between those 2 heated seat switches. finally can get rid of that '3rd heated seat' spacer switch i can't wait!

as far as wiring goes, i'll have to mess around with it when i get the headlights. first i'm going to of course get the high and low beam fully functional, etc etc... but if one of those H4H bulbs goes out, since i can't get one locally, i'll have to rewire it again won't i so i can use a different bulb?
Old 09-28-06, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spiral descent

Car 1: 1994 GS 6-speed
Car 2: 1996 A6

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to telafonic Send a message via Yahoo to telafonic Send a message via Skype™ to telafonic
Yeah, well a different bulb won't fit without modification. And yes, you'd have to re-wire, unless you had your USDM sockets still. You could just hook onto your USDM harness with the JDM harness, with those little wire splitter things, that way you could still use your USDM sockets and everything later if you ever go back to the USDM lights.

An easier solution I think would be just to have some spare H4H's on hand from Ebay or something.

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)