Acura Legend Forum banner

Looks like I have a BHG

771 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JaredBauer06 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, so lately my 1993 legend LS has been acting up...It'll have erratic idles everynow and then, and sometimes it emits good amounts of white smoke. My temp guage will hang around halfway and sometimes creep up to 3/4 but then quickly come back down. Also I noticed that the upper radiator hose is hot and the lower quite cold, not too mention not much heat.
The thing is these symptoms show up so randomly?? And the weirdest thing is I never notice a coolant level decrease.

Anyway, I think I caught it early... and the car has great service records with oil changes every 3k and the timing and water pump replaced at 90k. Let me know what you think

#2 ·
Don't take any chances with overheating. If its overheating because of something else, then it could cause an early BHG and/or warped heads which is an extra expense. Try not to drive it anymore and if you have a BHG then get it fixed.

my advice: Have it looked at by a pro

#9 ·
bet you its the six cylinder ring on the headgasket thats broken/cracked/blown. Dont let a shop do it it will be exspencive. BUY A FELPRO HEADGASKET SET FOR 275 BUCKS AND DO IT YOURSELF, ITS EASY. (REPLACE ALL NEW HEADBOLTS ($142.00)FROM DELRAY ACURA) some honda coolant and an oem thermostat Delray Acura - Online Acura Parts Store 35$ and get the head checked out, should be cheap. ITS NOT A HARD JOB TO DO. UNLESS YOU CANT PULL THE HEADS OFF AND INTAKE MANIFOLD. START WITH EXHAUST BOLTS TO HEADS FIRST. IF YOU CANT GET THEM DONT TRY THE BGH JOB!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.