My Tradition grill is here. - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

サ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
サ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-03, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Car 1: 2002 Black Infiniti Q45

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking My Tradition grill is here.

The friendly postman just dropped off my tradition JDM grill to my house ten minutes ago. First thing I have to say is why is it that every package I receive from Japan when I use EMS looks like its been drop kicked repeatedly? I was afraid there was going to be damage to the grill like on my first two sets of JDM headlights. But thankfully the grill was for the most part unharmed. Honestly when I took the grill out of the box I was pretty under whelmed. The grill in its fresh white unpainted state is pretty boring, yet the mesh it comes with is very nice. It has this cool diamond pattern, it comes silver.. But most JDM owners paint it black. So while muttering about the expense, I grumpily unwrapped the grill and went outside to my car; for a stock grill / new grill comparo. The tradition grill will fit perfectly and it has the exact same contour as the original grill. Its construction appears to be of higher quality material compared to the stock grill. And I placed the new grill over the old one for visual difference, and I was very satisfied with the new grill. Even though it is unpainted, when its painted it will be very glossy and color matched to the vehicle. I will decide about painting the mesh black or leaving it silver later. Takakaira.com is a great importer and I recommend them to everyone. They have good prices on all JDM goods for the Legend. I just don稚 know if I am ever going to ship anything by EMS again. I plan on buying my JIC coilovers from them at the end of the summer. In conclusion it痴 a nice grill but the cost is very high, but it will look nice on my car and on my mod list at shows in the future.

Happy modding

Ps. Im broke and it never ends.

D.

"I have a master plan"

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey."-John Ruskin

"Being able to afford to buy a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two different things. Realize that little, if anything post-purchase on a Legend is "cheap"." the GS

pierinimob: But i love the JIC's the turning is orgasmic, i wouldnt go back to stock ever
dvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-03, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

yeah.. i thought about it and iam going to paint the mesh black. When I bought the grill in the first place i thought it came that way.

D.

"I have a master plan"

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey."-John Ruskin

"Being able to afford to buy a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two different things. Realize that little, if anything post-purchase on a Legend is "cheap"." the GS

pierinimob: But i love the JIC's the turning is orgasmic, i wouldnt go back to stock ever
Old 05-25-03, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Man i want to paint my car black... really really black. And have the blacked out tradition grill, with my blacked out JDM headlights. and slap on some badass black wheels like these.

it would be sweet
D.

"I have a master plan"

Old 05-25-03, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
K L E A N M O D

Car 1: 1995 KA8 *R.I.P*
Car 2: 1997 S14 *SOLD*
Car 3: 2004 GTO

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Dreams we all have them...

I want pics of the grill... do they have them for the coupe?
-1996.8 S14a-SOWED
-1995.8 S14a- SOLD
-2004 GTO-R.I.P
-1998 S14a

-Holy Rollerz CCC Member-

My KA8's totaled and still greater than....

Imitatated. Never duplicated.
Thai.95LCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Nope most of traditions products are sedan only. I know... about the dreams part, I am currently working towards mine. I am closer to completing my master plan than I thought possible when I created it. I believe I am working towards an achievable goal. I am about 30 percent complete. I want black so bad, but the color change is expensive and my family keeps telling me that a black car in Texas is a bad idea. But they think spending money on the car in general is a bad idea! So what do they know right?

D.

"I have a master plan"

Old 05-25-03, 03:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

DVP

I hope to see it on the next meet. Take all the pictures of the parts you got and post that up. It's still hard for me to buy that you got all of the goodies and have no time to put it on.
Got2Lovme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 03:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
K L E A N M O D

Car 1: 1995 KA8 *R.I.P*
Car 2: 1997 S14 *SOLD*
Car 3: 2004 GTO

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
My JDM/EDM conv. is almost complete...

So far I have:

Honda "H" airbag
Honda OEM Grill
JDM engine covers
H rear trunk emblem

So pretty much my coupe is a Honda Legend.. there is no remnance of Acura...

Now I need some EDM or JDM headlights..
-1996.8 S14a-SOWED
-1995.8 S14a- SOLD
-2004 GTO-R.I.P
-1998 S14a

-Holy Rollerz CCC Member-

My KA8's totaled and still greater than....

Imitatated. Never duplicated.
Thai.95LCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 03:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

haha its not that i dont have time, well it is for the remus. but the rest of the equipment i am waiting till i can afford a quality paint job with body work. Before i put on the headlights and the grill. Got2loveme9 you wound me, how about a little faith in my part hoarding ways lol :p . But to make you guys happy i will get my dads digital camera when he gets back from california. And i will take some good pictures!

D.

"I have a master plan"

Old 05-25-03, 03:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend GS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Roger
man i love the JDM one piecers and the navi but thats about it , acura in the us is just known as being a nicer car then honda why does everyone want honda badges ???

1995 Legend GS (sherwood Green)
My ride
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/608014
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 03:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

thats cool thai i like the honda conversion on a legend. And speaking of lack of time, i just got a summer job. To pay for school and of course more car mods! So thai what else are you planning for the future? And i am going to need someone to host my images when i take them... so i can post them.

D.

"I have a master plan"

Old 05-25-03, 04:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger
man i love the JDM one piecers and the navi but thats about it , acura in the us is just known as being a nicer car then honda why does everyone want honda badges ???
You to have fallen into the trap thinking Acura is better than Honda.

There is no difference between the two....

People want Honda badges because that's what the vehicle is, a HONDA.

A USDM Acura Legend is no better than a JDM or EDM Honda Legend.
acuralegend.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 04:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

I think people would rather have Acura emblems over Honda. Which is more expensive? It is just like Toyota or Lexus.
skate4volcom007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 04:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by skate4volcom007
I think people would rather have Acura emblems over Honda. Which is more expensive? It is just like Toyota or Lexus.

You just don't get it do ya?
acuralegend.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend GS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Roger
i know acura is the same as honda , but to most people who dont know **** about cars might not even know that, and if they do they know acura is the higher end branch of honda. Plus i like the acura emblem alot better then an H emblem i see all the time on old civics and accords that i just dont want to be associated with.

1995 Legend GS (sherwood Green)
My ride
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/608014
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-03, 11:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by dvp
I want black so bad, but the color change is expensive and my family keeps telling me that a black car in Texas is a bad idea. But they think spending money on the car in general is a bad idea! So what do they know right? D.
Car mods are very much a guy thing. Most families cannot relate to the money we spend on these "unnecessary" ugrades. I recently spent $1,600 for a set of 18" wheels and tires for my RL and the wife tells me she likes the old/stock wheels better! I don't believe she really meant that, but she was trying to make HER point!
Bobby Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)