New Legend Owner...lots to say/ask - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-05, 02:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Balloon Hunter Champion, Arena Champion, Basketball Shoot-out Champion, Birdy Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, BMW Driving Champion, Cliff Diver Champion, Daffy Jumper Champion, Flyer Champion, Flippy Attack Champion, Hit the fan Champion, hypik Champion, Joust2 Champion, Mini Jump Game Champion

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulegnd
Grundle has white trim pieces how do they look now? Just curious how the paint was holding up and how long have your had them done?
yes i do have white trim peices. i did them myself. they look exactly like they did back then....that was....hmmm.....2 mays ago. holding up very well. hard to find paint that matched cuz of fading. front has some scratches on the lower trim but that was my bad. gotta fix that.
Grundle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-05, 03:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
I like shiny
Breakout Champion

Car 1: 91 LS Coupe (GONE)
Car 2: Current-02 Corvette
Car 3: 94 LS Coupe (Bro's)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
To sleepy to read big post.

Welcome to the forum.

91LSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 03:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
2a:
If you tripometer works sporadicly, remove your guage cluster and try to problem solve it. You can usually tell whats not making contact. It looks something like this:

If both your tripometer and odometer are working sporadically, check this harness my finger is pointing too for proper contact. Also lubricate the wheels.

Puzzle anyone:

Hopefully MikeD will find this thread and give much more valuable information reguarding this issue.

EDIT: Just found 5a:
Buy a used cluster. You can roll the odometer backwards/forwards (but takes a long ass time)
Ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-05, 06:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Factory Freak!

Car 1: VGM KA8 5SP
Car 2: Downhill MTB

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 92drls
Well I'm not reading 1/8th of what I could on this thread but what I did read the only thing I could help you with is the lighting. I ordered clear bumper lights off ebay for 12 bux, and they work perfect. I say instead of getting new clear corners get 1 piece JDM headlights and leave stock, they look soo much better than the 2 pieces. The tail lights should be painted all red except the reverse white of course, you can find a DIY on all of these by using the search.....my .02

Edit: It's easier than you think to get in the 14's . I have the same car as you to spec. I've got an intake and did coolant by-pass and got a 15.1 with a 2.3 60ft. With slicks its 14's easy. Oh, welcome to the forums.
92drls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 11:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Great job on helping him out guys, good luck with the car son and welcome to the A-L forum.
Let's see some pics.
nasriaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 05:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
emayex.com

Car 1: 92 White Coupe

arnach - thanks for probably the most content heavy reply, that's a lot of help and you're definitely putting me in the right direction, i cant even begin to describe how helpful all that was

Grundle - where did you get your paint?

Ballistic - thanks! the previous owner said he had read something about "a wire" and this is just what i was looking for. however, DMV is unaware of the problem because neither of us wanted that on the carfax so buying a new odometer and then "guessing" the mileage probably wouldnt be a good idea. is there a guide online for getting the cluster out? on my integra it was just 5 screws...hopefully acura didn't change too much in between cars haha...

everyone else - thanks for the warm welcome and the answers to my questions! i'll try to get pictures as soon as i can (even though my car isnt that great yet) because im sure you guys love seeing nice legends even more than me haha.

"white smoke" update - ever since visiting the forums ive been more aware of this and have kept my eye on my tailpipe. i still have a little white smoke on startup but once the engine is warm i can start the car without any smoke and that's relieving. tonight though i came off of work and started my car and the engine was cold and it was pretty chilly outside yet there was no white smoke. i waited a few minutes but none come. as i pulled out i realized how cold i was so i turned on the heat and when i glanced in my rearview mirror i saw the smoke floating away from my car. i turned off the heat and the smoke disappeared and that made me nervous. also, my heat isn't very strong and that's odd because i thought heat just came from the engine bay and we all know how hot those get. i checked my coolant and it seemed to be fine but the reservoir bottle was a little low. am i getting all worked up for no reason still or is there some method to my madness?
ALoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 05:32 AM   #22 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
If your heat is not strong, bleed your cooling system.
Ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 12:33 PM   #23 (permalink)

If its really cold, you have to drive about twenty-to-thirty minutes to get the real heat. Once the temperature needle gets to the operating point (below halfway) you will have about 3/4 of the temperature. But the guage is very inaccurate - real heat will come on much later than when the guage shows the engine is warm.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-05, 05:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
D'Nejel Ar-Ukca IIV/_\|<
Fruity Basket Champion

Car 1: '92 KA7 Auto
Car 2: '91 CB7 Sedan 5spd

ALoneR, you started out w/a ton of questions on this thread so I think the best way of maintaining you sanity (of both your mind and wallet) is to concentrate on getting it in a mechanically A-ok shape...if you attempt to do that along with all the mods in post #1 at even "around" the same time...you'll go nuts
Rude-Boy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 06:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
emayex.com

ya im trying to take it one step at a time ... but it's so much! i already love my car but i want people to see it and love it the way i do haha. oh well, patience is a virtue i guess... *taps foot*
Old 12-11-05, 08:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
emayex.com

what's everyone's opinions on these wheels? thinking of looking into a 5 lug version of them for my legend...

Old 12-11-05, 11:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
I like shiny
Breakout Champion

Car 1: 91 LS Coupe (GONE)
Car 2: Current-02 Corvette
Car 3: 94 LS Coupe (Bro's)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
I like those rims. Milano6 had them on his coupe, then sold them before he sold his Legend. Now a member with a black coupe that doesn't post much has them.

91LSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 02:32 AM   #28 (permalink)

I too have a new legend

I just bought a 91 Legend today, it needs some work done on the interior of course..but my main concern now is the engine work. It has a knocking or tapping noise like a lifter issue. Is this an expensive fix? Would it be cheaper to just get a used japanese engine with about 50K installed, it can be done here for about 2G's. The speedometer doesnt work, and the d4 flashes when driving but no issues in the transmisssion from what i could tell driving. Any feedback is appreciated.

Proud Legend owner
LeV37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 02:45 AM   #29 (permalink)
DI-your-NAN

Car 1: LegendBashing///Mobile

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drewLegend
You should start a new thread instead of bumping up old ones like this. And your speedo issue is your VSS, do a search for it.

'92 LS Sedan = sold as of 10/18/07
drewLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)