OK everyone with SLOOWWWW windows read this - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-08, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend GS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Roger
OK everyone with SLOOWWWW windows read this

OK so my windows have always been kinda slow and crappy always sounded like the motor was about to die and when it was raining forget it I had to pull it up with my hand. I always thought the regulator was bad like everyone says, so the other day i took my door apart, took the regulator out and looked it over. Looks great a little dry but no broken or bent parts, so I lubed up the regulator tracks and gear with Lithium grease no improvement. Then I did something stupid and tried to put the lithium grease in the rubber channels that the window slides in. It worked great for a day then was way worse, not to mention lithium grease is petroleum based and will eat your rubber.

Then I found the real cure, I did some research and for a special lube called Shin-Etsu It is a special very low viscosity silicone lube. This stuff is only available from your Honda dealership and is what they use on all there seals. This stuff is truly amazing I cleaned my channels out got rid of all that lithium grease and put this in. WOW my windows now slide up and down effortlessly seriously like butter, my windows have never worked so well. Now ive only been using a few days so I cant testify on the longevity of the cure but from my research it will last for a long time and is very easy to re apply. This stuff can also be used on all your seals and will help extend the life of all your door seals. Its alittle pricey at 20$ a tube but it is well worth it for all you will slowww rolling windows try it out.

Bought it here
HONDA-ACCESSORIES.COM

1995 Legend GS (sherwood Green)
My ride
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/608014
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-08, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: '95 Coupe
Car 2: '94 Sedan GS
Car 3: '90 Coupe

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to FutureX 2001 Send a message via AIM to FutureX 2001 Send a message via MSN to FutureX 2001
My Coupe windows are nice and quick the Sedan ones are so slowww...

Will have to try it
FutureX 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 03:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 LS Sedan
Car 2: 90 Camry DX

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
good to know. in the 1 year ive owned my leg the front pass window has always rolled up twice as slow as the drivers side and the sunroof always gets a lil stuck when its cold outside. will keep this in mind if the situation gets any worse.
IAmLegend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-08, 05:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Yea i just sprayed silicone liquid grease on the rubber part after cleaing the sills and it worked great. I also used penetrating oil and WD40 those 2 sucked cuz they dried up so fast not like the silicone spary
Fat Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-08, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: 1979 MGB
Car 2: 1991 Sedan LS
Car 3: 1993 Coupe LS 6MT

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
I have tried Gunk "Liquid Wrench" silicon spray in the window channel grooves
and that really helped. Even comes with a spray straw to pinpoint the spray into the grooves.

Asheville NALM 2013 Aug. 22-26

Last edited by ActionJackson; 05-07-08 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Correct product name
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 02:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Acura Legend

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Same thing with my window

On my 93 Legend I expirience the same thing with my window, but my window switch also make a buzzing noise. At times my left front and rear windows wont go down when I use the main switch. Can it be the main switch. Also, my seat memory button does not work. Are these two items connected with each other. Can someone help me please. Thank guys
Old 05-09-08, 02:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
SGM / Type F

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to samblaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
OK so my windows have always been kinda slow and crappy always sounded like the motor was about to die and when it was raining forget it I had to pull it up with my hand. I always thought the regulator was bad like everyone says, so the other day i took my door apart, took the regulator out and looked it over. Looks great a little dry but no broken or bent parts, so I lubed up the regulator tracks and gear with Lithium grease no improvement. Then I did something stupid and tried to put the lithium grease in the rubber channels that the window slides in. It worked great for a day then was way worse, not to mention lithium grease is petroleum based and will eat your rubber.

Then I found the real cure, I did some research and for a special lube called Shin-Etsu It is a special very low viscosity silicone lube. This stuff is only available from your Honda dealership and is what they use on all there seals. This stuff is truly amazing I cleaned my channels out got rid of all that lithium grease and put this in. WOW my windows now slide up and down effortlessly seriously like butter, my windows have never worked so well. Now ive only been using a few days so I cant testify on the longevity of the cure but from my research it will last for a long time and is very easy to re apply. This stuff can also be used on all your seals and will help extend the life of all your door seals. Its alittle pricey at 20$ a tube but it is well worth it for all you will slowww rolling windows try it out.

Bought it here
HONDA-ACCESSORIES.COM
Nice find!! I wonder if it would also work on weather strips in extreme cold conditions?
Sig by Double Glow
samblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 02:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
MAD DOG!

Car 1: 97 honda prelude
Car 2: 92 LEGEND LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
crc can of silicone from walmart for 3 dollars.... works for like months. i think the last time i did it was in january and its still good.. but we dont get harsh weather down here so i dont know.
Old 05-09-08, 06:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend GS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Roger
silicone spray does work Ive used it before but not as good as this stuff, this stuff is way more "slippery" its hard to explaine it amost feels like your smoothing butter on.

1995 Legend GS (sherwood Green)
My ride
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/608014
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

isnt silicone horrible for paint. its been awhile but im not sure if its just during the painting process that it will fish eye your paint. so just be carefull not to get any on the paint to be safe
legend6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 07:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
Added to G2 FAQs
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 09:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
kelvo5
Blitz World War Champion

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kelvo5
hey does this stuff still work now after applying it in may? because i am seriously considering buying it if it still works
kelvo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 11:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Legend Coupe LS 5 Spd

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to -=DBS=- Send a message via MSN to -=DBS=-
Great Find!! Thanks for the post OP! I'm sure this will help a lot of the member's out with the slow window issue! I'm def gonna use that if my windows start to slow down or I'll just poke the hamster who's slacking on the wheel to bring my windows up and down! (maybe i should feed it?)
Old 07-22-08, 12:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: 95 Sherwood Sedan
Car 2: 94 Canterbury Sedan

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ymisoqt
Well shit! If I had any idea that this was not well known! I put in the new channel runs and greaseem with them with this stuff last month. The story at the dealership is that they came out with this grease because of the problems with the channel runs with the legend but that's just what the guys told me. It works hella good though!
ymisoqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 01:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Legend-SOLD
Car 2: 95 JDM Integra-SOLD
Car 3: 99 Turbo Teg- TRADED

good info, i tried wd40 and it works fine but when i wash the car or it rain it washes away, but thanks for the good info ima go buy it now

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)