Overheating 101 - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-05, 01:13 AM   #31 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK40
according to jetdoc's analysis if it is still overheating then you may have a faulty water pump. I still am not sold on the seeping HG just yet on my car, we'll see . thanks once again for the helpful post jetdoc
Your sig is soo hot. Saved as wallpaper.
ninous26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-06, 03:48 PM   #32 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Acura Legend LS

Overheating....once

Hey guys,

I just got a 95 Legend LS about a week ago. And today it started overheating. I have read most of the forum a lot of people have had this problem. Cold Air from the heat, and engine spiking. When i pressed the brakes, the heat went back down. That happened just this morning, and i drove around all day 2day. It did not happen any other time, just morning. Could it be a temporary problem?

Looks like a "Large amount of air in cooling system" problem looking at JetDoc's post in this forum. But y did it happen jus once
djace87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 11:33 PM   #33 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
If it happens once it will almost always happen again. Sounds like the beginning of a problem. Check your fluid level. If the anti-freeze isn't at the very top of the filler neck where the rubber seal of the filler cap presses on the rim, you are too low.

If its all the way to the top and there is no air in the system you may need a new thermostat. You have to diagnose it now before your potentially minor problem turns into an engine rebuild.
Dethred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-06, 12:05 AM   #34 (permalink)
FIXER

Car 1: 1992 Legend L 265k Black(sold) 1994 Legend LS 175K Green 1967 NOVA SS Bolero Red

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Have you checked the coolant level at the radiator?
Old 03-05-06, 09:03 PM   #35 (permalink)

I tried to bleed the system but a steady stream of anti freeze never flowed out of bleeder. I took thermostat out cleaned it hen replaced it but erratic idle is still there . Im new to this site and to owning a legend so all help would be appreciated.
dwaynne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-06, 11:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

Location: On the left side of ya mom's inner thigh. Its warm here too!!

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend LS Black on Black (traded-in)
Car 2: 94 Legend LS Coupe
Car 3: 2008 Dodge Ram

Send a message via Yahoo to Dre Linn
I'm thinking new radiator. the same happened to me.
Mr. 55:961
Coupes need to
Dre Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 03:57 PM   #37 (permalink)

So here is my question... Where do I search for leaks and how?
Thendrix26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 01:21 AM   #38 (permalink)

HG Issues

JetDoc, I wish I was closer to Memphis. I would ask you to fixed my HG problem. Dealer checked it out and said YEAH HG problem.
ricopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 07:43 AM   #39 (permalink)

i wish we had like an Ac forum rep in every state cuz im in NJ and i am a newb when it comes to cars period. What would you suggest JETDOC a complete and utter newb should do as i own a 95 Acura Legend GS and i dont know what to do, pretty much every symptom you wrote about has occured, and i was told to switch my thermostat so i did that and the mechanic says "Hey you never had a thermostat in there" i dont even know what that means, like is that possible if so why. I am so depressed right now, and i wish someone knowledgable on here lived in Jersey so i could bring my car to them.
KhowYunFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 05:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
FIXER

Car 1: 1992 Legend L 265k Black(sold) 1994 Legend LS 175K Green 1967 NOVA SS Bolero Red

Sorry to say, somebody sold you a Legend with a BHG, and they new it. They removed the thermostat to hide the symptoms. The bhg got worse and now it can't be hidden. If it's too late to return the vehicle then all you can do is replace the headgaskets or replace the engine
Old 03-22-07, 08:50 PM   #41 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Legend LS coupe 6MT
Car 2: 94 Legend GS 6MT
Car 3: 2007 TL-S 6MT

Where in NJ are you?
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 01:04 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
Where in NJ are you?
im in newark, nj

oh and jetdoc thanks for the info yea its too late i had her since last spring and she was working beautifully but she always had a smoke problem never a temp problem, whats the science behind removing the thermostat, i hear ppl do that in the summer but not in the winter (remember im a total newb to cars period)
KhowYunFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 01:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Shouldn't think have stickied by now?

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 03:34 AM   #44 (permalink)

well mi car startd over heating i dint know how or why .. so i cheked it out with a mac. and he bleed out the system and toke all the air out then the fans started to worrk and evrything . but b4 all that he sead its the thermostat so wen i went to go buy it he put it on then the car started to heat up fast and there was colant seeping truw the crack were the thermo gos in .. so he toke it out and told me run it like the till winter its okay .. but i dont want to run it like that can n-e one help me .. wat can it be !
kako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 03:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
seb

overheating problem

hi, i know its not a legend or rl but i couldnt find much other info on overheating on my perticular model, the systems are simmilar enough i hope? I was driving when i noticed that the heat was damn near the red. so i pulled over waited a while then kept driving. stop and go till i got to a store, picked up some antifreeze premix stuff, opend the rad *it has a new cap and poured half the thing in there. then noticed that the other reservior thing was full with hot antifreeze. poured some out. the temperature went right down, and stayed there. so after it cooled down i poured more antifreeze in the rad, and had to empty some again from the reservior thingy. i repeat this proces every other day. so now the temperature goes up, maybe about 3/4 or a bit higher then drops down, even a little bit below normal temperature. so i guess i have some air in the system then, need to bleed... but why is it that that reservior thingy is gettin full but not empty, my exhaust seems ok, the antifreeze is a normal color, had some issues with the heat in the car from time to time but works fine lately. my worry is that its the headgasket, i just bought the car 4 months ago, took it to a mechanic before and it was in great shape. He spent 2 hours looking at it and found only a bit of oil in between the tranny and engine but said that it wanst a major deal and some people drive with that for years and years... so its a v6 3.2 and i have about 210k on it. any ideas? thanks
seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)