Acura Legend Forum banner

rear drivers side caliper

992 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  vaulium 
#1 ·
I just changed the rear brake and rotors a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that the pads on the drivers side were worn different. I continued to clean the calipers and put everything back together. Well today I heard a noise, then later this evening the noise turned into a grinding sound. I was thinking with the uneven wear is that a tell tell sign that the caliper is gone or can I save it with a little grease and replace some parts. Thxs

#7 ·
Are BOTH guide pins supposed to work freely? I was helping out with a rear brake job on a '95 sedan today and the upper guide pin seemed to move freely but the bottom one seems to only extend if you screw it outward - is it supposed to come all the way out of the hole on the rear, driver's side? Is this immobility correct/normal? THE cause for all this was the wheel barely rotating after the brake pad change - as if something was stuck or binding. After everything was removed including the rotor, it was apparent that the rotor itself had been rubbing the backing plate (near the strut) at about the 9 o'clock position if you're looking at the wheel from the fender view. Warped rotor or ? Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.