sagging visor - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-06, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
sagging visor

the driver side sun visor is sagging a bit and i tried to fix it with some velcro but it is too hot and it jus ends up drooping agian, any other known way to tighten it up? i did a search several times but havent found a clear solution to this problem.
Harooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-06, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
has left.

Car 1: 98.5 BMW M3 Coupe 5MT
Car 2: 95 L Sedan
Car 3: 95 6MT Coupe (Dad's)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
This is a good question... it's one of those things I didn't think you could do anything about so I never bothered asking...

I'd be stoked if somebody had a fix (especially one that doesn't involve cosmetic modification - ie. velcro-ing it to the roof liner).

ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | BOSTON ACOUSTICS
antik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-06, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Ha, I also have this problem. My solution was going to be buy replacements eventually. We've got four interested people and no solution. Anyone?

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-06, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blast Billards Champion, Blast Billiards Champion, Cupids Crush Champion, Mumu Champion

Mine doesnt sag as much, but it isnt as flush as the other side. It's probably something that will always eventually happen because we use this one more than the other, so eventually it sags.

Mine does it also. I guess the only solution would be to get a fresh one, but if the replacement came off a used car - gauranteed it will be a saggy visor as well. Probably just a fact of Legend existance. Maybe take it off and try to tighten what ever allows it to stay up flush with the roof.
QBoroLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-06, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Destory The Peace Champion, Empty Santas Sack Champion, Attack from the Influenza Chickens Champion, Last Man Standing: Keg Stand Champion, Kill Kitties Champion

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
How about taking it apart. Put a thin layer of electrical tape on the metal end that the visor holds too. Give that a shot.
Pito11213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-06, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Well Wisher

Car 1: '94 GS KA7 6MT
Car 2: '91 L KA7 4AT

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
hey guys...which side of your visor is sagging? like on the driver's side...my LEFT side was sagging. I ended up unscrewing the two screws holding it in...and you pull out the assembly or whatever. It has a little metal connector for the power light...anyway, it has this metal spiral piece on it and a metal cap. I guess over time the metal spiral loosened and the cap wasnt keeping it on anymore. So I pulled it out but I dont see how it can be repaired or rigged...I'll take a pic tonight, I have my old visor sitting on my table. I replaced it with a used one from a member here....the metal connector fits easily and a minute later, I was good to go.

I had to replace mine b/c it would fall out sometimes while I was driving! it'd still be connected on the right side, but the left would keep popping out. Def a no-no here in sunny ass AZ....I would have to drive sometimes with my left hand holding it up!
GrtOutdoorsAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-06, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Well Wisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito11213
How about taking it apart. Put a thin layer of electrical tape on the metal end that the visor holds too. Give that a shot.
and I did try this...we have tons of tape at work...I tried a foam double sided tape but it failed. It might work in your areas...but the sun is too damn hot out here. I tried many kinds of tape right on the 2-screw side but no luck, and it was pretty ugly. the junkyard here wanted $40 for both visors I believe...
Old 08-16-06, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
'hood Garage
Arcanoid Champion, Crab Ball Champion, Hail Mary Champion, Indian Shikar Champion, Jungle Monkey Champion

Car 1: '91 Twin Turbo 5/6 spd Panda/Type C
Car 2: KA24DE-T S13

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
My drivers side hangs slightly but I have the Type C interior so replacement is very rare. Dealer doesn't even sell most Type C parts anymore.

AEM powered Twin Turbo KA7 since Feb'07
Sept'10 Reconstruction begins
hotlavaflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-06, 10:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Well Wisher

here's some pics...

you can see the two pieces on the right that came loose. When I pulled my visor off, those two pieces were loose. There's a metal shaft that turns your visor...and this metal spring and metal cap are on it to hold it tight against the car. My visor would fall out on the left side..I could see the metal shaft exposed and the power line

this is how it should look...metal spring on, with the metal cap on top snug, about a cm down from top of shaft. The spring is brown on this one.

now that I'm all messing with it, I was able to get the metal cap back on with two flat screwdrivers to push it on. the spring thing easily falls on and then you gotta cram that metal cap down on it. the power rubber line attaches easily back when you're reinstalling. I dont know if this is the problem you guys are having, but dont be shy about unscrewing the 2 screws and yanking the visor out to check. After the screws come loose and you shimmy it out, you'll be able to pull down the rubber power line till you can see how it disconnects...good luck!
Old 08-17-06, 03:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

its not that part that makes it sag its the part that goes into the sunvisor, not the part going into the roof.
Old 08-17-06, 09:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Acuraparts.com wants $202 for each assembly I guess I'll just live with it.

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-06, 10:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Destory The Peace Champion, Empty Santas Sack Champion, Attack from the Influenza Chickens Champion, Last Man Standing: Keg Stand Champion, Kill Kitties Champion

That part going into the visor itself is the part I was referring to earlier. Can it be removed so tape can be placed around the shaft?
Old 08-17-06, 02:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito11213
That part going into the visor itself is the part I was referring to earlier. Can it be removed so tape can be placed around the shaft?
thats the right ? this guy is telling us how to repair a different problem altogether, i guess if i can't figure something out i will revelcro it when its cooler outside in 2 weeks. it should stay put and you cant see it unless i open it.
Old 08-17-06, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Velcro is ugly.

The sagging problem is because of the shaft that goes into the visor itself. I am suggesting pulling out the shaft and putting a thin layer of tape on that and then placing the shaft back in the visor.

Hopefully that is clear enough for someone to give it a shot.
Old 08-17-06, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend

I had the same problem. The sheet metal clamp inside the visor that grasps the rod wears out and breaks loose. I pulled the rod out of the visor and inserted a SMALL piece of rubber fuel line on the rod. Gently forced the rod back into the visor and it worked pretty good for awhile. It was a litttle stiff. Eventually I bought a new visor from the dealer. Be careful with attaching anything like velcro which might damage your headliner.
tenk otomubay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)