Shifting into drive while still moving in reverse... - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-08, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: 95 Sherwood Sedan
Car 2: 94 Canterbury Sedan

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ymisoqt
Shifting into drive while still moving in reverse...

Ok, so big argument between me and the bf. I let him drive me car and he is in reverse, then while still moving in reverse shifts it into park. So I rip him a new one "DONT DO THAT TO MY CAR!!!!" I think it's bad on the tranny. Any opinions? I'm still fuckin po'd about this, I don't think it's good for my car. Plus the numerous accidents we almost got into. He is not allowed to drive my car EVER again.
ymisoqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-08, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Aguy

Car 1: 06 Colorado Z71 4x4
Car 2: 05 HD Ultra classic

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to guyad Send a message via Yahoo to guyad
LOL..that's funny..but no, i would agree that you should stop before putting it in to park, not just throw it into park from a roll.

guyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 03:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

THANK YOU!!!! I was like, don't ever do that to my car again!! And then he did it again! I'm like, do you want your ass kicked! do not put my car in drive while you are still rolling in reverse jesus f'in christ!!! Ok, you know what? I hear a lot of bitchin about girls f'n up the Legends, but it ain't all girls yo!

Old 06-08-08, 03:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aguy

Car 1: 06 Colorado Z71 4x4
Car 2: 05 HD Ultra classic

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to guyad Send a message via Yahoo to guyad
lol...well jen you aint a regular girl when it comes to these things.

guyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 03:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i know what you mean. right now i am letting my neice and newphew drive my car around the blocks. and they would do that and i would tell them "NOOOO" they got the picture,lol. my nephew is 17 and just got his license last month. my neice is 13, still a long way to go. but they learn what i have to say quickly.

an ps , damn i didnt know there was that much girls in here, i only thought that there is just one female in here, everyday i learn more and more. lmao. hehehe.
11454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 03:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

ok, I could forgive a teenager for that but my bf is 49, he should know better!
Old 06-08-08, 03:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

your bf was just trying to be an ass. tell him he shouldnt do that and he does. my best advice dont let him drive it again . but some how, i think he will drive your legend again. lol. i dont want to get into anyone relationships or business but, if i was you i would never let him drive it again ever.

for me, when it comes to my car, no one fucks with my car. i let them test drive it or what not, and when they make 1 mistake i will correct them and tell them dont EVER do it again. if they do it again they will never drive it again, and you can bet your sweet ass that i will never let them drive it again, you know how many cousins of mine that i dont even talk to no because of my car, hahaha. about 3 cousins. well fuck em.
11454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 03:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido95Legend View Post
your bf was just trying to be an ass. tell him he shouldnt do that and he does. my best advice dont let him drive it again . but some how, i think he will drive your legend again. lol. i dont want to get into anyone relationships or business but, if i was you i would never let him drive it again ever.

for me, when it comes to my car, no one fucks with my car. i let them test drive it or what not, and when they make 1 mistake i will correct them and tell them dont EVER do it again. if they do it again they will never drive it again, and you can bet your sweet ass that i will never let them drive it again, you know how many cousins of mine that i dont even talk to no because of my car, hahaha. about 3 cousins. well fuck em.
Ok, let me set this straight. If he even THINKS he's gonna drive my car like that again he's f'n crazy. He's lucky I even let him drive my car. No sir, not driving it ever again, period. He can go treat his CHEVY like that, not my legend!
Old 06-08-08, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
He's jealous cause you love your car more than him Well if he does brake the tranny, make sure he pays for all the damage he makes. Or dump him

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 04:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
He's jealous cause you love your car more than him Well if he does brake the tranny, make sure he pays for all the damage he makes. Or dump him
He's never been allowed to drive my car alone, and at this point he's never allowed to drive my car again That really pissed me off! You know how the leg's hardshift into second, I'm always like, don't speed up and make it worse, he does it anyways. Ugh. Pisses me off. Do not drive it like you stole it.
Old 06-08-08, 04:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 ka7 auto with 270k miles
Car 2: 1997 dodge dakota V8

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
you're right to be angry.. not only can that cause things to break instantly. it can cause brutal wear and tear on drivetrain parts.

if something breaks.. its not gonna be cheap.
NO ONE but me drives my legend. not even my dad.

1992 Frost White Honda Legend LS
Re-badged (including jdm grill),ebay clear corners,DIY Black interior swap ( 45% ),Pioneer deh-p5900ib,Elemental Designs edi6000s v.2 components,Elemental designs 11kv.2 sub,LED type 2 (160mph) gauge cluster, moonroof tilt
dasficktauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 05:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em

Car 1: 2004 Nighthawk RL
Car 2: 2005 Nighthawk TL
Car 3: 2002 525i Sport Wag

Send a message via AIM to GrumpySteelMan
Rolling slowly and shifting between D and R isn't the worst thing in the world, but doing that into park can break the locking pawl in the trans. You don't wanna go there, no doubt.

+1000

NOBODY fucks with my car.
Old 06-08-08, 07:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Who is THE MASTER?!

Car 1: 1991 blue coupe ---Sold---
Car 2: 1994 green LS coupe

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coup
my friend has and accord and i warned him about rolling in reverse and putting it into drive. he swore nothing was going to happen. 4months later check engine light came one and dealer said he needed a new tranny.
Dreams94coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 09:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Autobahn Champion, Drive and Dodge Champion, Highway Hunter Champion

iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpySteelMan View Post
Rolling slowly and shifting between D and R isn't the worst thing in the world, but doing that into park can break the locking pawl in the trans. You don't wanna go there, no doubt.

+1000

NOBODY fucks with my car.
couldn't have said it better myself.

although probably with a Honda trans, you might want to stop and put it into D anyways. Back when i had my Durango, my fav thing was fly out of my driveway backwards and slamming it into drive while still flying backwards, that shit did wicked burn outs if u did that.

Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
The last thing you want to have happen on an old car is to shift into park and left your foot off the brake only to realize you're still rolling. I've seen that story on here a few times and thats a whole new transmission fix.

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)