Thought I blew a rear speaker - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-05, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
FIXER

Car 1: 1992 Legend L 265k Black(sold) 1994 Legend LS 175K Green 1967 NOVA SS Bolero Red

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up Thought I blew a rear speaker

94 Legend LS Bose premium sound system
My left rear speaker started buzzing real bad a few days ago when anything with much bass was played. I figured since it was about 11 yrs old it was probably blown. I removed the speaker to see if I could possibly repair it myself. The speaker was in remarkably good condition and not "blown". No tears in the cone or seperations. I found that the metal part of the speaker "holder" was seperated from the plastic part of the speaker on one end. I was surprised to see that this was glued together. I got out the epoxy and glued it back together while keeping pressure on it. No more buzzing and I saved the $180 for new speakers.
Advertisement

Old 12-16-05, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
The speaker can be had from Bose direct as I bought a door one last year for $40 bucks brand new..
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

and i purchased both rears for my 92LS for $80 from bose direct.
jno2968326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-05, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Domesticated Redneck
Duck Hunt Champion

Car 1: 2004 TL 6-Speed

Send a message via AIM to Rumnarv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetdoc
My left rear speaker started buzzing real bad a few days ago when anything with much bass was played. I figured since it was about 11 yrs old it was probably blown. I removed the speaker to see if I could possibly repair it myself. The speaker was in remarkably good condition and not "blown". No tears in the cone or seperations. I found that the metal part of the speaker "holder" was seperated from the plastic part of the speaker on one end. I was surprised to see that this was glued together. I got out the epoxy and glued it back together while keeping pressure on it. No more buzzing and I saved the $180 for new speakers.
Thats awesome. Most of the time that kinda stuff is caused by the amp going out.

The GS I had would wig out every now and then. I would hit a bump and the back speaker would just start having radio fuzz and loud pops. I replaced the amp and fixed the problem was.

No Mods
Rumnarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: '95LS Milano Red 6spd Coupe

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to misdeismo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetdoc
I have this same exact problem, will try your fix to see if that solves the problem.
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)