Whining noise. - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-13, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend GS Sedan (Japan) Sherwood Green Pearl

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Whining noise.

Hi Everybody,

I am in a pursuit of fixing, low whining noise from the front area.

It all started months, if not year ago. One night, when we came out of a restaurant after dinner, between 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm, not sure whether it was cold or not, very loud whining noise came out from the front, as soon as car was started. Its pretty much stayed till we got home, about 15 mins drive. Next morning it kind a calm down little bit.....then gradually more....now its just a low whining.

I seems like its little louder than normal for one second, every time the car is started, but then it low through out.

Can any body pin point where its coming from?

Thanks!

Last edited by 94LegendGS4D78P; 04-22-13 at 04:17 AM.
94LegendGS4D78P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-13, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Do you know when the timing belt and water pump was replaced? Is power steering filled with Honda or Honda type power steering fluid? Check front diff.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 04:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, I owned this one, when it had 37k on it, somewhere around 97. Now it has more than 300K. First and only time the timing belt was changed by dealer was at 90k, and I am sure they also made me change waterpump at that time, but I can't certify that. Waterpump never got changed, any other time. I just changed the power steering fluid, but don't remember any other time. Transmission fluid and Differential oil (Valvoline syn) was changed about 4-5 years ago.

There is no apparent problem other than ABS High pressure leak. Loses brake fluid automatically if car stayed cold (not driven) for a week.

I also recently bought $3.00 mechanics stethoscope from harbor freight and started poking things. At one time, it felt like its coming from intake valve (with black plastic) or whatever it is, closest to air filter, but can't confirm any other time.

I am not satisfactorily done with poking yet, though.

Last edited by 94LegendGS4D78P; 04-22-13 at 04:21 AM.

Old 04-22-13, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
check the pulley one has a baring that may be going bad. Have you ever had the crank pulley change? if not check it as the 93-95 have 2 piece crank pulley and over time they come apart. try to find a 91/92 non manual trans legend and grab the crank pulley off it but make sure its gets tourq back down right or it will come off.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Non of the pulleys ever got changed and I don't even know, how to test them whether the whining noise is coming out from any of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)