Is your 91-95 Legend overheating? Got a coolant problem? Post all questions in here. - Page 6 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-04, 06:30 AM   #76 (permalink)
Cole Austin

Thanks Josh, I'll go check em out. Also I'll try and post some pics for other people so they can check them too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-04, 10:57 AM   #77 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 black on black coupe

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
When I replaced my radiator hoses their was only two, and upper and a lower. Where is the third one?
Old 01-05-04, 10:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
Cole Austin

Quote:
Originally posted by Cresap
When I replaced my radiator hoses their was only two, and upper and a lower. Where is the third one?
I only found 2 also (I was looking at where the hoses went into the fire wall).

Last edited by Cole Austin; 01-06-04 at 01:12 AM.

Old 01-06-04, 12:55 AM   #79 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Legend L Sedan

Cresap: The hoses near the radiator in front of the block (upper and lower) are different than the ones we are talking about behind the block running into the firewall.
Old 01-15-04, 03:52 AM   #80 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Artic White LS Sedan
Car 2: 2003 Acura TL Type-S
Car 3: 1974 Black Elephant

Send a message via ICQ to LEGENDarith Send a message via AIM to LEGENDarith Send a message via Yahoo to LEGENDarith
Wow, unexpectedly I had a coolant leakage from the radiator. I found out by using a cooling system pressure tester (the one styles mentioned) at my uncle's autoshop. I replaced the radiator and my problem was fixed!

Here were my symptoms:

1. Temp gauge hotter than normal amount when stopped.
2. Coolant leaking onto floor when stopped. (If left overnight, it leaked A LOT)
3. Would not leak any fluid when driving car on road or highway.
She Hass big ones

2003 Acura TL Type-S Silver/Black 25k Miles
Old 01-16-04, 07:01 AM   #81 (permalink)

My coolant/overheating problem appears to have been fixed, at least for the time being. I had all the symptoms - rising and falling temp gauge, cold air coming out, I also had a very noticeable leak somewhere.

Last sunday I replaced the thermostat and changed/bled the coolant. The next morning was great - the Legend behaved like a normal car again (the first time since I've owned it). The car warmed up a lot faster, the heat came on much faster, and I haven't noticed a loss of coolant or anything bad yet. I'm not saying the problem is gone forever, but its made me very hopeful. Although I'm pretty sure I have a bad water pump, which is probably where the leak is. I'll replace it if theres anymore trouble. I'm still wondering if it was a bad thermostat, or maybe the bleeding was just a temporary fix and the air was the problem.
Old 01-16-04, 07:13 AM   #82 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
i had a leaky water pump and incurred the symptoms that you have........
Old 01-18-04, 03:49 AM   #83 (permalink)

Angry Coolant blowing out overflow

Well, I thought I found my problem a couple of months ago when I found the bad radiator cap(gasket was ripped).

But wife called me yesterday and said car started surging again while she was warming it up. Well, when I got home, sure enough, coolant was low again and overflow was empty and showed signs of coolant all over and around the overflow.

Car has never overheated. TB, WP was done at around 90K, and the car now has 110K. I know where this is headed, and I really dont want to invest big money is the car, but the wife enjoys the car, and she does NOT want a car payment.

So..... does everyone pretty much agree that I am heading down the path of the dreaded HG

Since it seems to be a slow seepage, what is the best way to verify the problem?

Can anyone recommend a quailified technician in NorthWest NJ.... Morris County area? I work at a Saturn Dealer, but I want someone who knows their way around this motor to work on it.

Thanks in advance

Troy
[email protected]
Old 01-18-04, 02:17 PM   #84 (permalink)

sup

i went on a long trip out of town and my rad hose that is connected from the engine to my rad exploded....so i replaced the hose and refilled the coolant so i could get back home.. a week later, i did a coolant flush, after my flush was done i took my car for spin then i noticed that my needle started to go up, then it begins to over heats ...what did i do wrong? after awhile it went down...is it safe to drive?? should i replace some thing else!!! can anyone help me out with my problem!! plz!!
Old 01-18-04, 10:54 PM   #85 (permalink)

Me and some of us had or is having the same problem energy. So far I've spent hundreds trying to trobleshoot my cooling problems (new water pump, new sensors, new radiator, new radiator cap, new thermostat) and still didnt do a damn thing... If you are the lucky ones that just needs to replace a radiator cap pfffff... you're lucky... but most of the posts i read in different threads seem to lead to a blown Head Gasket(s) ($1000+ repair job). Do a search on head gaskets and read the horror stories... As of now mine is getting worked on...

Check for the symtoms:
Heavy white smoke (steamy smell)
Check dipstick and under oil cap for milky looking oil
Check coolant tank for oil
Check leakage on the mating surfaces between head and block for oil/coolant.

read this guy's post
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...threadid=35465
Old 01-19-04, 09:11 AM   #86 (permalink)

Angry new acura new problem

JUST BOUGHT A 93L BLK 4DR SEDAN YESTERDAY WITH 97,OOO , DROVE TODAY FOR 5 MILES , CAR OVERHEATED AND SMOKE ALL OVER THE PLACE. I OPENED THE HOOD AND SAW ANTIFREEZE ALL OVER THE RIGHT HAND SIDE IN THE BACK BY THE FIREWALL. NEED HELP...
Old 01-19-04, 02:08 PM   #87 (permalink)

ok.. does anyone have a DIY on a wheel bearing? Helms pics would be awesome! i changed one about two years ago but cant really remember much.. so, anyone? please?
Old 01-19-04, 06:19 PM   #88 (permalink)

Re: new acura new problem

Quote:
Originally posted by fernbiz
JUST BOUGHT A 93L BLK 4DR SEDAN YESTERDAY WITH 97,OOO , DROVE TODAY FOR 5 MILES , CAR OVERHEATED AND SMOKE ALL OVER THE PLACE. I OPENED THE HOOD AND SAW ANTIFREEZE ALL OVER THE RIGHT HAND SIDE IN THE BACK BY THE FIREWALL. NEED HELP...
sound like your heater hose(s) blew... replace all 3 hoses

importgirl - A Haynes manual would be the best instead of asking in forums. They like $20 and got great pics! Haynes Integra & Legend not chilton's
Old 01-19-04, 11:34 PM   #89 (permalink)

THANX FOR THE ADVICE A LEAST A HAVE SOMETHING TO GO BY, THIS WAY THE MECHANIC WONT STIFF ARM ME WITH BOGUS PROBLEMS...
Old 01-20-04, 08:56 AM   #90 (permalink)

Re: Re: new acura new problem

Quote:
Originally posted by nimo253
importgirl - A Haynes manual would be the best instead of asking in forums. They like $20 and got great pics! Haynes Integra & Legend not chilton's
i already have one of these. it sucks. i know that the helms goes more into detail on a lot of topics and is just an overall better book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)