Is your 91-95 Legend overheating? Got a coolant problem? Post all questions in here. - Page 8 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-04, 11:56 AM   #106 (permalink)
Cole Austin

here are Cresap's Images:

#1 is the heater assymbly which is where those two hoses lead too.

#2 Is looking up underneath the heater assymbly (can't really see much)

#3 is the actual heater core hoses that lead up to the fire wall with what I think is the fuel injection removed.

#4is the same as #11 with a different angle.

Here is the album... its got all the images full size if anybody needs it. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287817497

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-04, 12:44 PM   #107 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 black on black coupe

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for hosting those for me, I have more with the car completely torn apart. I feel bad for anyone who has to do this.
Old 02-05-04, 04:32 AM   #108 (permalink)
Cole Austin

My TB coolant line replacements greatly slowed the problem, but after a week it came back... I am still loosing coolant, but my mechanic is determined its not the HG... then when I ask "well.... where is it?" he says "that I don't know."

Old 02-05-04, 08:39 AM   #109 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 L Cashmere sedan
Car 2: 03 IS300

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Austin
I am still loosing coolant, but my mechanic is determined its not the HG... then when I ask "well.... where is it?" he says "that I don't know."

[/B]
same here.stealership(acura of seattle)checked it and smell the burned coolant.they said its HEADGASKET!so after 2 months of not believing what they've says about it..2 months of filling up every damn week coolant on reservoir. i went to this asian mechanic for oil change.(he's d one who rethreaded my oil pan.preventin me to replace d oil pan )anyway,ya so i told him,about this smell burnt coolant,cant find the leaks on engine bay.so when he checked all d hoses underneath d 'radiator.there he found a one hose clamp that its not tight..ever since then,no more adding coolant every week,NO MORE BURNT SMELL COOLANTand no more goin to that su---in stealership. oh man!woosh!that's $1100.00 head gasket job .LIAR!!!
Old 02-05-04, 05:18 PM   #110 (permalink)

WOOT! I got my cooling problems fixed! Runs like a champ now! No more hot spikes on the temp gauge!!! There was a slight rip in the head gasket and coolant was slowly pouring into the #6 cylinder (which created the huge white smoke) The mech said that i could've ran the car another 50k+ with the blown head gasket and the car would still run fine. BUT he will never do it again...lol
Old 02-06-04, 12:42 AM   #111 (permalink)
Cole Austin

Quote:
Originally posted by nimo253
WOOT! I got my cooling problems fixed! Runs like a champ now! No more hot spikes on the temp gauge!!! There was a slight rip in the head gasket and coolant was slowly pouring into the #6 cylinder (which created the huge white smoke) The mech said that i could've ran the car another 50k+ with the blown head gasket and the car would still run fine. BUT he will never do it again...lol
If I'm not mistaken... I think almost every BHG problem located at the #6 cylinder... its starting to sound more and more like a factory defect.

Old 02-06-04, 09:40 AM   #112 (permalink)

I am having problems with my temperature and heater temp. My temp gauge regularly spikes to HOT! I had my thermostat, radiator switch, heater hoses, and radiator hoses all replaced. Helped for about 3 days. Then I had the same problems. I was told it may be the start of a Head Gasket problem. Now some places tell me they would just do an engine swap and others are pricing it at around $1,200. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-06-04, 09:42 AM   #113 (permalink)
Cole Austin

Quote:
Originally posted by 93CoupeII
I am having problems with my temperature and heater temp. My temp gauge regularly spikes to HOT! I had my thermostat, radiator switch, heater hoses, and radiator hoses all replaced. Helped for about 3 days. Then I had the same problems. I was told it may be the start of a Head Gasket problem. Now some places tell me they would just do an engine swap and others are pricing it at around $1,200. Anyone have any suggestions?
How many miles? If its a high mileage car, the engine swap is favored over replacing the HG. It costs about the same, and you can get an engine with 1/2 the miles.

Old 02-07-04, 09:12 AM   #114 (permalink)

If your water pump isn't pumping fast enough, doesn't that make your car overheat?
Old 02-10-04, 03:52 AM   #115 (permalink)

i had some great advise from this forum regarding my overheating problem. turned out the mechanics were too sleezy to flush my cooling system when i put in a new radiator so some air got into it. had it flushed and coolant replaced by the acura dealer, overheating goes away instantly.
Old 02-10-04, 03:55 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 93CoupeII
i had the exact same problem and they almost conned me into replacing a head gasket which would be a huge hit for my pay check. u can follow steps here to flush air out of your cooling system or go to a reliable acura dealer for coolant service. it only cost 50 bucks and worked for me. i had put into a new radiator, diagnostics done, etc. from a sleezy (then trustworthy-looking) mechanic shop and obviously they had me by a string.

u can replace all the hoses u want but you still have to flush the damn coolants.

damn s, i wanna hang them all
Old 02-10-04, 05:19 AM   #117 (permalink)

Welp, i have the same problem as Cole. And I am going to check for leaks today. Otherwise the Acura Stealership will check it out when the do my Oil on the 23rd.

However, this seems to be different than everyone else. This happened this cold cold morning. The temp was normal and the heat is HOTT when I was idleing in a parking lot for about 15 mins!!! I turned it off for about 30 mins. Turned it on and went on my marry way....until the heat cut and the temp spiked.

GRRR

anyone have a tip? Otherwise i'll check for my own leaks and then probably pay the Stealership.
Old 02-10-04, 10:24 AM   #118 (permalink)

I think its my head gasket.

The exhaust seems a little smelly (just like the coolant I poured in under the hood)
Old 02-10-04, 10:29 AM   #119 (permalink)

Nice Legend, Anyhow I've heard of other members mentioning a cylinder pressure test... might wanna try that out.
Old 02-13-04, 01:01 PM   #120 (permalink)

Do cars tend to run a bit hotter in the winter (when it is cold out)? Mine is hovering just above the 1/3 mark (second white mark from the bottom). It used to hover just below that mark--so it is not much hotter. I'm not leaking any fluids...is there a part that needs cleaned or replaeced? I searched but I can't find anything.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)