G2 Legend Stereo FAQ - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics

Audio, Video, & Electronics Discussions about Car audio and electronics.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-04, 12:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
meber

Car 1: 94 LS Coupe Black/Black

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jmckell Send a message via MSN to jmckell Send a message via Yahoo to jmckell
Say you have a 2100 head unit and the 200watt amp and the 4 2ohm speakers. Can you keep the 2100 head unit and replace the amp with an aftermarket amp and change the 2ohm speakers to 4ohm?

If that is done will there be any problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-04, 11:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
ahc

front and rear speakers

hey all
any one know the speaker size for the front and rear speakers for a legend 89 model sedan and a step by step instuction for removing the door penel?
ahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-04, 09:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

wow

you just saved me some money , thanks alot i didnt think i was going to find a chart for the amp ,thanks!
eswlegend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-04, 11:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
K L E A N M O D

Car 1: 1995 KA8 *R.I.P*
Car 2: 1997 S14 *SOLD*
Car 3: 2004 GTO

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
How would I wire up front and rear speakers to a 4 channel amp using the existing factory wire? Or would it be easier to bypass the factory wiring and run new wire?

If I were to bypass the factory wiring, would it be as simple as wiring up the speakers, connecting them to the new amp, running the RCA cables to the HU from the amp, and connecting the amp to the battery?
-1996.8 S14a-SOWED
-1995.8 S14a- SOLD
-2004 GTO-R.I.P
-1998 S14a

-Holy Rollerz CCC Member-

My KA8's totaled and still greater than....

Imitatated. Never duplicated.
Thai.95LCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 03:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Steering wheel controls....?

Anybody have success adding aftermarket or Honda headunits and keeping the steering wheel controls active?
HondaAcuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 05:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
city slicka

Car 1: 1992 black Legend coupe

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Unhappy door speaker....

im trying to replace the door speakers with some optimus 6.5 (yep i said optimus)... but the speaker's magnet wont even fit in the black plastic speaker insert thingy... the speaker seems too big for it... any suggestions before i cut the plastic speaker insert? what i mean by cut is to cut off the plastic part that "protects" the magnet and drill some holes on the plastic so the speaker will stay in place..... any help will be appreciated....
sfcpollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 02:54 AM   #22 (permalink)

Car 1: 1989 Sedan L. and 1990 Sedan LS
Car 2: 1991 Sedan L

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I replaced my the front door speakers in my L sedan with 6.5" Blaupunkts. Yes...the magnet was too big, and the metal adapter plate was too small. I solved the problem by using some very coarse sandpaper to enlarge the plastic pocket where the magnet fits ...managed to get it big enough that way. Then, I left the metal adapter plate out, and was able to get a couple of screws into the plastic. Also, installed the Blaupunkt grills ...they fit neatly behind the door grills. Can't see 'em ...but they're there.
digger89L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-04, 12:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Blast Billards Champion, Blast Billiards Champion, Cupids Crush Champion, Mumu Champion

System Upgrade

I know I may be repeating a silly question, but you guys sound like experts.

I have a 94L 4dr. I just replaced the 6X9's and I got a pretty good sound out of them. I got excited and decided to just go all the way. Here is what I want to do and maybe someone can give me a great answer.

Before I start, does the 94L have front tweeters as well as midranges, if so where are the tweeters (the mid's are obvious) are they in the same spot? Okay here I go:

I have the Bose 2200 system (amp is bolted to the bottom of the headunit). I have new 6X9's - Pioneer, dual cone, but am getting the next level ones
I am keeping all tweeters and just going to replace the front door mid's.
Someone is giving me an amp and I am going to buy a box with 2 sub woofers (not sure what wattage to get)

Question 1. - If the amp is a 3, 4, or 500W's what type (meaning watts) subwoofer's should I get.
Question 2. - Can I splice the new amp right into the rear speaker wiring, will it drag the power down from it or is that not what happens (I am not a sound engineer so I wouldnt know that)
Question 3. - Is there a cd changer that does not cost 300.00 that I can put in the place of the one that is in the trunk?

Please answer this week - I get paid on friday and would like to get this done before it gets too cold for me to be slithering around my car. I dont have a garage.
QBoroLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-04, 05:38 AM   #24 (permalink)

Adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaAcuraMan
Anybody have success adding aftermarket or Honda headunits and keeping the steering wheel controls active?
I put an aftermarket deck into my 94 Legend and my steering wheel controls still work. Here's what you do. Buy a deck that uses a remote (obviously almost all of them do) and get a infrared remote adapter. What happens is that the sterring wheel controls are wired into the adapter and it's mounted somewhere inside the car so that it has a direct line of sight to the cd player. (I had mine mounted in the center console.) Then when you hit the steering wheel controls this adapter sends a signal to the cd player by use of the same kind of signal that the remote would use. It works pretty well and you will still be able to use the remote. I don't have much technical info about the stuff (I usually have to pay to put electronics into my car, I don't trust myself) but they're not that hard to find and the included instructions are pretty elaborate. Go to any reliable install shop and they should have some of the adapters for sale. Find out the brand you'd use and then buy it off of the internet. I got mine that way and saved about forty bucks. Then get it installed. I bought mine and got it installed for only like $120 bucks total.

Hope this helps.
Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-04, 03:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
-Aww Dip-

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend LS (sold)
Car 2: 2001 3.2 TL-Navi
Car 3: 2009 Altima Coupe

Send a message via AIM to DJBacon06
OK, so I have a few questions about installing a new head unit.

First of all, on a scale of 1-10(1 being cake, 10 being holy crap--hard!), how hard is this to do? And how hard is it to bypass the bose amp? (I have a 95 LS)

Second of all, I have purchased this head unit. http://www.audioallies.com/GetItem.asp?Item=CQ%2DC3400U (it has changer controls on it) Will I be able to plus my existing factory cd changer into it? or will i need to buy some type of adapter?

and third of all, if I were to simply re-connect the antenna to the new head unit, it will still go up and down when i turn the radio on and off, correct?

thanks for any help!

^^ Sold https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...36#post1221436
DJBacon06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-04, 12:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
-Aww Dip-

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend LS (sold)
Car 2: 2001 3.2 TL-Navi
Car 3: 2009 Altima Coupe

Send a message via AIM to DJBacon06
Well i replaced my head unit today. It was pretty easy, overall. Not TOO bad. However, I have a few questions.

What kind of dash kit did you use to have a little cubby on the bottom of the single DIN head unit? (so there's no hole)

I opted to bypass the amp in the car. And I have to say, I notice a dramatic difference. I have aftermarket speakers. The ones up front are crappy and are being replaced next weekend. and the ones in the back are bought and soon to be replaced.

The sound doesn't sound as clean anymore and at higher volumes its very poppy and i noticed some of my dash lights dimming on hard hits. I do NOT have subs are anthing. Could it because the back bose speakers were running at twice the normal volume and the ones up front jsut suck?

any ideas, would be nice

^^ Sold https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...36#post1221436
DJBacon06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 08:30 AM   #27 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 legend

Does any one have a Stereo Wireing Diagram for a 1990 Legend sedan please?
modbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-05, 08:56 AM   #28 (permalink)

Car 1: 1989 Sedan L. and 1990 Sedan LS
Car 2: 1991 Sedan L

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Click on the attached links ...you should find the wiring info you need.
1990 legend 4

Radio

LS Radio

Acura Stereo 1990
1990 Cobalt Blue Pearl Sedan LS w/JSP-92104 spoiler, Bose Stereo w/single cd player, plus FM Honda 6-disc changer in glove box. Automatic, 268,000 kms, original drivetrain, stock size tires. 1989 Ebony Black Metallic Sedan L Auto. Integra AM-FM cassette head unit, and Honda 6-disc changer in glove box. Stock size tires. Original engine threw a connecting rod mid-Feb, 2007 at 380,000 kms. JDM swap-out July 1, 2008. Car still off the road pending serious body work on rear quarter panels.
digger89L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-05, 03:23 AM   #29 (permalink)

Car 1: '91 LS Sedan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I don't see that this question was answered, but it is the same as what I would like to know (except in my case it would be with the 91LS 80x4 bose amp).... anyone have any insight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckell
Say you have a 2100 head unit and the 200watt amp and the 4 2ohm speakers. Can you keep the 2100 head unit and replace the amp with an aftermarket amp and change the 2ohm speakers to 4ohm?

If that is done will there be any problems?
ZedStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-05, 01:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

i have a question about a 94 legend oem radio...If it is standard bose, why does it say acura on the head unit?? or do all head units come with an acura logo?

also, if the radio is 80watts x4, wouldnt that mean its 320 watts??? and 200x4 equaling 800 watts max?

Oh yeah, i have installed a honda accord 1998+ cd player in the legend with working steering controls, but they are weird because sometimes the volume will go up when i press down....
jasonwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics