G2 Legend Stereo FAQ - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics

Audio, Video, & Electronics Discussions about Car audio and electronics.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-05, 01:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend L Coupe

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I have a 94 Legend L Coupe, and recently replaced the back and door speakers. The back sound great (at least for the quality of speaker I bought), but the front are alot quieter. Also, my balance is off on the front, with the right door being half as loud as the left door. Is it time to replace the head unit?

Thanks guys
joelcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-05, 05:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Car 1: '91 LS Sedan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
might want to make a new thread, not many people read this
also, maybe you wired the speakers up wrong?
ZedStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-05, 08:10 PM   #33 (permalink)

Car 1: 1984 Mercedes 300D Turbo and soon 1994 Acura Legend LS

This cannot be. I have a 1992 legend sedan L and the stereo is stamped 1601 to the left of the display and the speakers are not Bose but Pioneer. I took them apart the other day..

Old 08-02-05, 09:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Black Sedan L

Send a message via Yahoo to BallinOnABudget
are your speakers out of phase? sometimes the balance issues and quietness are in fact wiring issues.

for phasing: http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/speaker.html
-2001 Toyota MR-S- K-swap...thinkin bout SC'd
-1994 Legend L Sedan. Still hurt, but returning in Auto Luxury form

[email protected]
BallinOnABudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 09:16 AM   #35 (permalink)

Car 1: 1984 Mercedes 300D Turbo and soon 1994 Acura Legend LS

the system seems to crank..front are great for highs and rear seem bass only. I am putting new 6.5 95db sensitivity spkrs in front and new 95 db sensitivity in the rear... should sound loud
Old 08-23-05, 03:57 PM   #36 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Green Sedan

This might be stating the obvious, but I have a question. * background* I have a 93 Legend L, and my head unit (factory 2100) is doing weird stuff.. back speakers do work intermittently, and the front speakers are now inoperable. I tested the speakers independently, and they work, and the wiring from the h/u to the speakers is fine.. Hence, the head unit is at fault.
*My questions is; Can I use a Premium Bose head unit without the amp and still get good results with my stock 4 ohm speakers?
lovelyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 05:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend Coupe LS

If you need OEM replacement front speakers, Bose will sell these to you direct for $40 inc shipping (dealer quoted me $119 each). You can call Bose at 800-231-2673. You'll be asked to leave your name and phone number. They only sell for vehicles 10+ years old. For the 1991-95 Sedan and Coupe with the Bose Premium sound system (separate amp) the Acura part number for the front speakers is 39120-SP0-A11, Bose part number 141564. When they call you back they need this info.

Hope this helps. //Steve
pleasanton10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-05, 03:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Road Trip King

Car 1: 1994 LS coupe 6-spd
Car 2: 1994 GS sedan 6-spd

iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyson Send a message via MSN to Tyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasanton10
If you need OEM replacement front speakers, Bose will sell these to you direct for $40 inc shipping (dealer quoted me $119 each).
Thanks for the tip Steve. One thing to mention, though, is that the $40 is just for one speaker. For some reason, I read your post thinking that the $40 would cover a pair of them. I did go ahead and order a replacement and it was fairly straightforward. For anyone else interested in factory Bose replacement speakers, you send a check for $40 to:

Bose Corporation
Attn: Matt Dorin
Mail Stop 014W
688 Great Road
Stow, Massachusetts 01775

Include a short letter that you are ordering part number 141564 as Steve mentioned above. That's all there is to it. I'm going to get mine sent out today. I've had a blown driver's side speaker for a long time.
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 04:28 PM   #39 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Ok, I have a question. On my 1991 LS Sedan with the 2100 Factory HU. I've installed my Kenwood 600w 2 ch AMP in the trunk. I have run all power connections including the remote turn on (Yel/Wht wire off bose AMP). But when it gets down to speaker level inputs I'm nopt sure if I should tap to the rear channels before or after the Bose Amp. Any suggestions?

Later!
Lenny
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 07:04 PM   #40 (permalink)

is the amp for subs? i would tap in before the bose amp
Old 10-17-05, 07:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Yes, the AMP is for my 2 JL 12w7's! So tap into the leads that run from the HU to the Bose AMP and hook them up to the speaker level inputs on my Kenwood AMP?

Last edited by 1_Hot_Legend_LS; 10-17-05 at 10:00 PM.
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 09:57 PM   #42 (permalink)

that should work... try to get a second opinion though, if you want to be doubly sure
Old 10-17-05, 10:27 PM   #43 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Dark Green Sedan

Send a message via AIM to Kkooly66
92 Legend Audio Input

Nice Forums, I came upon this while googling my question about my car...

Anyway my question was... (i hope this was ok to ask in this forum and if it was the correct one)..

Can anyone tell me what type of audio input a 92 Acura Legend (w/Bose system) has...

I recently came upon this site:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LSv8ncP...up.asp?g=50900

And I was like ooo neat... so I wanted to possibly make a docking station for my PDA so I could play MP3's with some quality... and I figured it could not be that hard.

If anyone can offer me any information on what kind of input it has so i can buy the adapter or any other advice about what I would like to do... like if i could use the fact that my car is CD Changer ready... to my advantage or not... or if I would need some sort of Y-adapter for the input on my car stereo so that I could even plug one of those adapters in...

Or if anyone even knows of a better type of adapter I could use because I do realize those are RCA ends and not a 1/8" connector (but I do have an RCA-to-1/8" sound cable so I figured I wouldnt bother search otherwise)

If theres tips of any other way of doing this that does not require splicing or soldering wires (or creating a hug gaping hole in my console) then help me out here!

At the same time I would also want a cheap route... somethig nunder $50 that still sounds really nice!

I have read some of the info on this site and acura-legend.com about the sound system but i am still a little confused because it doesnt actualy list anywhere.. what tye of connector it is....

Thanks!
~Alex
Kkooly66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 10:31 AM   #44 (permalink)

Car 1: '92 ls sedan forest green (in the dog house!!)
Car 2: 06 Acura RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_L
Yes, the AMP is for my 2 JL 12w7's! So tap into the leads that run from the HU to the Bose AMP and hook them up to the speaker level inputs on my Kenwood AMP?
Yes, by tapping in before the amp, you are taking the low frequencys out so the amp and speakers don't have to work so hard to make those low frequencys. Since you only have a 2 channel amp, I would tap into the front since the rears can do the low frequencys better than the fronts...
logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-05, 10:57 AM   #45 (permalink)

Car 1: '92 ls sedan forest green (in the dog house!!)
Car 2: 06 Acura RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkooly66
Nice Forums, I came upon this while googling my question about my car...

Anyway my question was... (i hope this was ok to ask in this forum and if it was the correct one)..

Can anyone tell me what type of audio input a 92 Acura Legend (w/Bose system) has...

I recently came upon this site:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LSv8ncP...up.asp?g=50900

And I was like ooo neat... so I wanted to possibly make a docking station for my PDA so I could play MP3's with some quality... and I figured it could not be that hard.

If anyone can offer me any information on what kind of input it has so i can buy the adapter or any other advice about what I would like to do... like if i could use the fact that my car is CD Changer ready... to my advantage or not... or if I would need some sort of Y-adapter for the input on my car stereo so that I could even plug one of those adapters in...

Or if anyone even knows of a better type of adapter I could use because I do realize those are RCA ends and not a 1/8" connector (but I do have an RCA-to-1/8" sound cable so I figured I wouldnt bother search otherwise)

If theres tips of any other way of doing this that does not require splicing or soldering wires (or creating a hug gaping hole in my console) then help me out here!

At the same time I would also want a cheap route... somethig nunder $50 that still sounds really nice!

I have read some of the info on this site and acura-legend.com about the sound system but i am still a little confused because it doesnt actualy list anywhere.. what tye of connector it is....

Thanks!
~Alex
Yes, the M-bus to mini or M-bus to rca is what you want.....

Also available here

Good luck and post pictures for us when you're done....
logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics