G2 Legend Stereo FAQ - Page 5 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics

Audio, Video, & Electronics Discussions about Car audio and electronics.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-06, 07:22 PM   #61 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Pearl White LS sedan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i just checked the fuse everything is cool, no blown fuse. i have the remote (blue) from the car connected to the power (red) from both car and head unit. this is the same setup i have done for all the head units i have installed and they work fine. Do u think i should hook remote to remote? im lost on this one no sound even when i put the factory in it. crazy. is there a test to check if is the speakers or possible the amp.
GZGottaLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-06, 07:26 PM   #62 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GZGottaLegend
i just checked the fuse everything is cool, no blown fuse. i have the remote (blue) from the car connected to the power (red) from both car and head unit. this is the same setup i have done for all the head units i have installed and they work fine. Do u think i should hook remote to remote? im lost on this one no sound even when i put the factory in it. crazy. is there a test to check if is the speakers or possible the amp.
You know, it sounds like the power board on the Amp. The 91-92 Legends had a recall on the powerboard. You might want to check and see if it's been repaired on that car!
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-06, 07:29 PM   #63 (permalink)

how can i check, and how do i go about getting that fixed since there was a recall?

Old 02-13-06, 07:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
***ned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZGottaLegend
how can i check, and how do i go about getting that fixed since there was a recall?
Well I went onto Acura's webpage and they have a thing called ownerslink. Go in there with the VIN and it will come up with all the recalls for the car and if they were done or not! If it wasn't done then you can bring the car (with the factory stereo) to the dealer and they will repair it free of charge!
Old 02-19-06, 10:50 PM   #65 (permalink)

sorry its been a while, thanks for the info. im gonna check my car too. Im happy to say i finally figured out what was wrong. Im gonna sound so stupid but the guy he bought it from had a system in it and had the wiring hooked up to the amp so i just had to rewire the speakers back to the factory wiring and it was all good. Thanks again, im so thankfull for this site it has helped me alot.
Old 03-28-06, 03:42 AM   #66 (permalink)

Question I still have some questions!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc
Replacing the headunit for a Premium System
If you want to replace the Bose tuner with an aftermarket headunit, you have several options.
1) You can bypass the Bose amplifier and remove it, allowing the new headunit to power the speakers. The headunit will likely be intended to power 4 ohm speakers, so if you have not replaced the Bose speakers, they will play at twice the volume. Although there is some disagreement, it is likely possible that you could fry your headunit if you crank the volume a lot.
2) You can leave the Bose amplifier in place and use a LLC (Line Level Converter) in between the headunit and the amplifier. This would convert the amplified signal sent out from your headunit into a line level signal that the Bose amplifier is designed to accept. You can also try without an LLC and simply hook it up, some have reported success doing this although it would not be considered a “clean” install and will not yield the best sound quality.
3) You could splice RCA connections onto the ends of the speaker wire pairs and connect them to your headunit’s RCA front and rear pre-outs if it has them. I don’t think anyone has actually tried this setup, although in theory it could work.
4) Ideally, you should replace all of the speakers and the headunit, and bypass the amplifier. I did this, and also removed my tweeters when I replaced the Bose Premium system in my 94 LS, the impact on sound quality from removing them is negligible and un-noticeable to most.
hmmm... ok I got an alpine headunit with apperently too much power for the inputs on the factory amp (I have a bose premium sound system). Here's the problem: I plugged the new headunit into the wiring harness thinking the amp inputs could take the High (powered) speaker wires from the headunit. This sorta worked, but the volume is VERY loud. Even if you barely turn it up (volume level 10 is as loud as I would think speakers should be, but the headunit goes to 35).

So... I figured it needed pre-amp inputs. so I spliced some RCA wires, and plugged them from the Headunit (RCA out) to the wiring harness. This sorta worked also, but the volume is very soft and a little distorted.

If I get a LLC (Line Level Converter),
Quote:
2) You can leave the Bose amplifier in place and use a LLC (Line Level Converter) in between the headunit and the amplifier.
I would think that would be the same as using my headunit's pre-amp outputs (RCA). So.... #2 wouldn't work would it? Apperently the amp's inputs require more than Alpine's RCA outputs?

And I've already tried #3:
Quote:
3) You could splice RCA connections onto the ends of the speaker wire pairs and connect them to your headunit’s RCA front and rear pre-outs if it has them. I don’t think anyone has actually tried this setup, although in theory it could work.
No luck...

I guess my bottom line question is:

Before I go buy 4 new door speakers AND take the time to bypass the factory Amp, Does anyone know what the output level of the original Headunit (2100 Premium P/N:39100-Sp0-A200-M1) is?

Is it low wattage like 15 watts RMS? or High Line Level (does that even exsist?)?

Is there a way to find out RMS by hooking it up and splicing speaker wires to test with a multimeter?

I'd really rather use the factory speakers than spend more money I spent it all on my sub/sub-amp

Thanks for any ideas you may have!
demon646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 09:15 PM   #67 (permalink)

thanks !!!!

You helped me a lot and I saved a lot of money!!! thank you very much!
I have one more problem. My amplifier got burned out. After this when I want to start my radio, display skreen shows CODE and there is AUTO THIEF control on. Is there anything I can do besides buying a new radio ??
martaidzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 12:03 PM   #68 (permalink)
T The pimp

Car 1: 92 Legend LS 5spd R.I.P
Car 2: 93 Legend L AT
Car 3: 92Legend L AT R.I.P

is there is a difference between 92 LS Head unit and 93 L head unit i saw the difference is at the bracket mounting 93L head unit sound louder than the 92 LS head Unit. or do i have to go back and change the front speakers? cuz i had 2 6x9 Sony Exp in da back. can any 1 help me plz
truonghthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 04:47 PM   #69 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend Coupe LS

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
I have a 91LS Coupe and I got some Volfenhag 6x9's for the back. They are 300rms 800 peak speakers O.O Is there a way to wire an amp into them? Or do I have to bypass the Bose amp and snip some wires and rig up connestions?
The Crowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 10:03 PM   #70 (permalink)
AKA Smartjay28

Car 1: JDM KA7
Car 2: w203

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Kim Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by C32A5
I have a 91LS Coupe and I got some Volfenhag 6x9's for the back. They are 300rms 800 peak speakers O.O Is there a way to wire an amp into them? Or do I have to bypass the Bose amp and snip some wires and rig up connestions?
you dont have the bose amp(u have the non preimuem)
Old 07-28-06, 12:00 AM   #71 (permalink)
Dont Catch
100m Running Champion, Alpine Escape Champion, Emergency Champion, Flash Back Champion, Home Run Champion, Kill The Pop ups Champion

Car 1: 92 Integra

Send a message via AIM to bl420
Quote:
Originally Posted by C32A5
those are either ineffcient speakers... or they will blow your ears out...

**Anti Alpine Type-R Thread**
bl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-06, 02:46 AM   #72 (permalink)

Heh, they'll blow your ears out. They're built for competition and they are super nice and have great sound. I just wanna get the most out of them. And of course I have an amp. Wht do you think was powering the bose speakers? I found it on the right side behind the seat. And the intro to this thread says the non-premium Bose system amp is 80 watts.
Old 07-28-06, 03:12 AM   #73 (permalink)
***ned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Kim
you dont have the bose amp(u have the non preimuem)
Bullshit, he has a 91 LS so he has a 20x4 bose amp behind the rear seat. But you are right that he don't have the premium because he doesn't have the tweeters.
Old 07-30-06, 01:37 AM   #74 (permalink)

Sooo... to answer my question....

??
Old 07-30-06, 04:09 AM   #75 (permalink)
AKA Smartjay28

Car 1: JDM KA7
Car 2: w203

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Kim Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_LS
Bullshit, he has a 91 LS so he has a 20x4 bose amp behind the rear seat. But you are right that he don't have the premium because he doesn't have the tweeters.
couldve have sworn he doesnt. i guess i was wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics