G2 Legend Stereo FAQ - Page 8 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics

Audio, Video, & Electronics Discussions about Car audio and electronics.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-07, 02:49 AM   #106 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend_lover View Post
need help on taking out a factor deck. i bought a 92 legend. i dont know what model it is but thing is a pain in the butt to take out. am i supose to remove the whole frame of the center to get it out? i tired but broke a nail. would someone help me out because im about to just yank that thing out with a crow bar.
Start by removing the two Phillips screws that are in the storage compartment (under the ash tray) right in front of the shifter. Then there is a black plastic frame around the base of the shifter that pulls up and out of there. Once those two screws and the frame have been removed the console piece will snap up from around the shifter. You'll need to grab the wood trim on both sides of the shifter and unsnap it straight up. Sometimes this can be done with your hands, other times we have used a tool to gently pry it up so your fingers can get a better grip under it. Once the part of the trim that surrounds the shifter is unsnapped, it will easily unsnap from around the stereo. This will then expose the the two screws that hold in the radio on the bottom/rear of the unit (behind the ashtray that moved when you moved console piece). Then slide the stereo forward and out of the mount, unplug the connectors, use pliers to squeeze the plastic wire wrap out of the metal hole so it releases the stereo completely.
Spugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-07, 12:36 PM   #107 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spugen View Post
Start by removing the two Phillips screws that are in the storage compartment (under the ash tray) right in front of the shifter. Then there is a black plastic frame around the base of the shifter that pulls up and out of there. Once those two screws and the frame have been removed the console piece will snap up from around the shifter. You'll need to grab the wood trim on both sides of the shifter and unsnap it straight up. Sometimes this can be done with your hands, other times we have used a tool to gently pry it up so your fingers can get a better grip under it. Once the part of the trim that surrounds the shifter is unsnapped, it will easily unsnap from around the stereo. This will then expose the the two screws that hold in the radio on the bottom/rear of the unit (behind the ashtray that moved when you moved console piece). Then slide the stereo forward and out of the mount, unplug the connectors, use pliers to squeeze the plastic wire wrap out of the metal hole so it releases the stereo completely.

i did that and now the anti-theft thing killed my igition and the horn is going off. so now i cant start the car. know how to restart the brain of the car or the ECU?
legend_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-07, 02:31 PM   #108 (permalink)
has left.

Car 1: 98.5 BMW M3 Coupe 5MT
Car 2: 95 L Sedan
Car 3: 95 6MT Coupe (Dad's)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend_lover View Post
i did that and now the anti-theft thing killed my igition and the horn is going off. so now i cant start the car. know how to restart the brain of the car or the ECU?
Does your car have an aftermarket alarm system? I'm willing to bet it does. I don't believe the stock alarm is capable of killing the ignition.

I'm not sure resetting the ECU will help.

ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | BOSTON ACOUSTICS
antik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-07, 11:40 PM   #109 (permalink)

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

INSTALLING SUB AMP PART 1
Your info on the bose system is very helpful, but i have a question. How do you hook-up the amp REM (remote to amp turn on) to OEM bose system. Do I just tap into the bose amp turn-on wire (A16 Yellow/White wire)?

INSTALLING SUB AMP PART 2
I am installing a sub and I am going to tap the rear speaker wire to run to my amp. Do I tap the speaker wire before they run to the bose amp or when they come out of the amp?
92kclegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 11:41 PM   #110 (permalink)

Your info on the bose system is very helpful, but i have a question. How do you hook-up the amp REM (remote to amp turn on) to OEM bose system. Do I just tap into the bose amp turn-on wire (A16 Yellow/White wire)?

I am installing a sub and I am going to tap the rear speaker wire to run to my amp. Do I tap the speaker wire before they run to the bose amp or when they come out of the amp?
92kclegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 02:12 AM   #111 (permalink)
has left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92kclegend View Post

yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92kclegend View Post
before if you're using an RCA (thus pre-amped) connector

after if you're using a line-level input connector

Old 05-18-07, 03:58 PM   #112 (permalink)

Antenna,

Hi Chris,
Did you get help for ur antenna prob,cuz I do have the same prob with antenna diagram,I really appreciate if you have any clue for this prob ?
Thanks
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-07, 04:38 AM   #113 (permalink)

I am going to replace all 4 speakers in my 91 LS. I want them to be drop in speakers and not have to do any modifications. I guess I need to find 2ohm not the 4ohm. I see in the posts people having problems with the speaker not fitting.

Has anyone replaced them with a 2ohm that fit???
or maybe got a gr8 ebay deal??

What brand model # ect
Thanks
bbrent22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-07, 11:40 AM   #114 (permalink)
Call me Mister

Car 1: 94 LS sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrent22 View Post
I am going to replace all 4 speakers in my 91 LS. I want them to be drop in speakers and not have to do any modifications. I guess I need to find 2ohm not the 4ohm. I see in the posts people having problems with the speaker not fitting.

Has anyone replaced them with a 2ohm that fit???
or maybe got a gr8 ebay deal??

What brand model # ect
Thanks
All aftermarket speakers will require some work because the mounting holes are located differently, and typically the speaker basket sizes are different also. If you want drop-ins, your options are to have your existing speakers rebuilt, or you can purchase some OEM BOSE speakers to replace.

URL=http://imageshack.us]<a href=http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1095/wallpaperyb6.jpg target=_blank>http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1095/wallpaperyb6.jpg</a>[/URL]
G Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 12:47 AM   #115 (permalink)

Hey thanks for the helpful thread but, Could someone expand some on installing a aftermarket sub and amp? I got a 95 Acura Legend with a OEM Standard Bose sound system so exactly how would I go about installing these. Oh yeah the subs are 2 JL 10" 150watts each. I haven't decided on an amp yet but it'll probably be around 300 watts and 2 channels but, any help on installing would be greatly appreciated.
-Jake
Ace7445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 12:57 AM   #116 (permalink)

Car 1: '95 Legend GS Sedan
Car 2: '94 Legend GS Sedan
Car 3: Guess!..Nope!..

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Hey! ALEXC, You Rock, nice job. I am new to the forum although I have owneda GS since 96. Gettin' another tomorrow! Problem with equipment is no one ever keeps there option list sheet. If you aren't the original owner you are usually [email protected]^#D. I wonder? Is ther a way to get that infor for each VIN? Something to ponder. Dig all these tech tips.

Love the size of my backseat!

West Coast Vid
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 03:02 AM   #117 (permalink)
AKA Smartjay28

Car 1: JDM KA7
Car 2: w203

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Kim Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace7445 View Post
Hey thanks for the helpful thread but, Could someone expand some on installing a aftermarket sub and amp? I got a 95 Acura Legend with a OEM Standard Bose sound system so exactly how would I go about installing these. Oh yeah the subs are 2 JL 10" 150watts each. I haven't decided on an amp yet but it'll probably be around 300 watts and 2 channels but, any help on installing would be greatly appreciated.
-Jake
are you planning to get an aftermarket head unit(radio)? if not, and depending on the amp, your gonna need an LOC(line output converter) it takes the signal off you speakers so you can have a RCA output for the amps. some amps have hi input, in this case, the LOC is built in your amp and you wont need an external LOC.

next is remote turn on wire. this is gonna be tapped off at the antenna in the trunk.
heres more detailed DIY

http://ww2.legendtuner.com:8080/LEGE...subwoofer.html
Old 05-29-07, 09:46 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Kim View Post
are you planning to get an aftermarket head unit(radio)? if not, and depending on the amp, your gonna need an LOC(line output converter) it takes the signal off you speakers so you can have a RCA output for the amps. some amps have hi input, in this case, the LOC is built in your amp and you wont need an external LOC.

next is remote turn on wire. this is gonna be tapped off at the antenna in the trunk.
heres more detailed DIY

http://ww2.legendtuner.com:8080/LEGE...subwoofer.html

Wow thanks you have no idea how much you helped me. Much appreciated!
Ace7445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-07, 11:29 AM   #119 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend

adding CD to 91 L

I have a 2200 head unit and I'd like to know what is the simplest (cheapest?) way to add a CD player.
If I add a changer in the trunk I will also need a different head unit. Is that correct?
Are there any self-contained single-CD/stereos that will just replace my 2200?
Thanks!
McSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-07, 11:37 AM   #120 (permalink)
has left.

Alpine MBUS compatible CD changer and MBUS to Acura wiring adapter is the simplest way. This will allow you to mount a 6 disc CD changer in the trunk using the factory pre-wiring.

Search it up. You can even use the AiNET MP3 CD changers these days as I understand - just won't get to read the song titles on your display.

Long story short: no new head unit needed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Audio, Video, & Electronics