Anyone wanna try for a LegendPendence Day this summer? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

サ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
サ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Community Events > Meets

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Are you interested in Legendpendence Day?
West Coast = Yeah! 7 22.58%
East Coast = Yeah! 17 54.84%
Not eneough planning time, already have plans, not interested, etc. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-03, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: .

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Anyone wanna try for a LegendPendence Day this summer?

I know the time is short, and there is no way to get a national meet together for this summer. I am also aware of everyones personal plans for the 4th. With this in mind I am still interested in doing a LegendPendence Day this year. I am open to any options. Basically to get this started I wanted to know how many East Coasters and West Coasters are interested. I will do the planning for the East coast, but I will need someone to take over for the West. Let me know what you think. Fell free to post possible location. I will put up another poll in about a week for lacations, if there is eneough interest.
Later!
Lee
sleeprlegendcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-03, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
502MotorSports.com

Car 1: e39 540i | e28 533i [Euro]
Car 2: e60 530i | e46 330i
Car 3: S430

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 502 MotorSports Send a message via Yahoo to 502 MotorSports
I really think that for this to jump off correctly, it needs to be in 05 or 06. Only because July is next month, and most folks have made their family planning. If we do it then, much more can be planned and folks can have their cars in order.

Even still, you can have a mini LPD day this year, and plan for bigger ones in the subsequent years.
502 MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Leon Millette
Even still, you can have a mini LPD day this year, and plan for bigger ones in the subsequent years.
That is kind of what I was going for.
Later!
Lee

Added: Due to the time restraints I will only keep this up for a week. After that I will decide if there is eneough interest. Spread the word! Most people don't check the Meet section.

Old 06-05-03, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, we are showing 6 East Coasters and 2 West Coasters right now. Can I get a location for those showing interest. I am willing to offer my Lake House in Alabama. We can still have some fun.
Later!
Lee
Old 06-08-03, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

OK it has been a week. We only show 7 interested on the West and 3 on the East. I think we could have fun with 7 cars! Sorry East coast, I will still help if you can get more interest. My vote for location goes to Alabama. I am sure a lot of you think that is odd, but I do have a house on the lake for free. That's the key word. I am alos imune from the laws in that town, so we can have all the fun we want. Here is what I am offering:
July 3-5
Free rooms, until the house is full. After that I will work on a hotel
2 boats = 1 speed & 1 party
1 Jet ski, I will try and get the other one too
Huge barbeque grill
pool table
basket ball court
etc...

That is just the house. We can find a drag strip or something if you would like. The house also has a one car garage that we can do some work in. I am willing to bring my tools. There is a huge firework show right outside of my slue on the 4th.

Please post if you are interested!

Later!
Lee
Old 06-09-03, 11:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
im in the middle yo no east or west coast here, hmmm....alabama, that would be cool, but i only have one day off for the 4th. i would have to drive from 9 til whenever to get there, and then leave to get back for work the 5th. so im out, but i would love to come, btw, i need my cai installed.

peace
T
tnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-03, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Lee, Defenitly interested. Let me know if you need any help for setting this up. Maybe we can get some other GA ppl to come when we go to the meet on the 21st. Keep us posted.
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-03, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by firestorm
Lee, Defenitly interested. Let me know if you need any help for setting this up. Maybe we can get some other GA ppl to come when we go to the meet on the 21st. Keep us posted.
No prob man. I will start working out the logistics. I was actually thinking the same thing about the Macon meet. I am suprised that none of the Alabama members have chimed in yet. I know one crazy fool from Auburn. There is alos another one in Birmingham, about 30 min from the house. We will need to come up with an amount that people will put in for food. I have a grill that is a whole trailer, we could cook a whole cow on there. We will talk more later!
Later!
Lee
Old 06-10-03, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by tnelson
im in the middle yo no east or west coast here, hmmm....alabama, that would be cool, but i only have one day off for the 4th. i would have to drive from 9 til whenever to get there, and then leave to get back for work the 5th. so im out, but i would love to come, btw, i need my cai installed.

peace
T
Sorry to hear it! You are still welcome if you can find the time!
Later!
Lee
Old 06-12-03, 03:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Car 1: 2002 Black Infiniti Q45

A national meet sounds like a great idea, too bad I am busy this year on July 4th weekend. Let痴 start something for next year. That way we have longer to plan. First we need a meeting place, a central location everyone can get to easily. Any ideas?

D.

"I have a master plan"

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey."-John Ruskin

"Being able to afford to buy a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two different things. Realize that little, if anything post-purchase on a Legend is "cheap"." the GS

pierinimob: But i love the JIC's the turning is orgasmic, i wouldnt go back to stock ever
dvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-03, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dvp
A national meet sounds like a great idea, too bad I am busy this year on July 4th weekend. Let痴 start something for next year. That way we have longer to plan. First we need a meeting place, a central location everyone can get to easily. Any ideas?

D.
Glad to hear there is interest in another one already. I was thinking of using Vegas. That way there is something for everyone. We could even rent out the Vegas motor speedway and their extra tracks if we get eneough people interested.
Later!
Lee
Old 06-17-03, 03:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Wow vegas would be cool, thats where the supra owners come every year. It would take alot of planning and alot of $$$ are there enough hard core legend owners. I mean we cant even start and finish a crabon fiber hood group buy. But this should be a lot cheaper so we have hope. We need to find a hotel in Vegas and get a group rate.

D.

"I have a master plan"

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey."-John Ruskin

"Being able to afford to buy a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two different things. Realize that little, if anything post-purchase on a Legend is "cheap"." the GS

pierinimob: But i love the JIC's the turning is orgasmic, i wouldnt go back to stock ever
Old 06-17-03, 05:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dvp
Wow vegas would be cool, thats where the supra owners come every year. It would take alot of planning and alot of $$$ are there enough hard core legend owners. I mean we cant even start and finish a crabon fiber hood group buy. But this should be a lot cheaper so we have hope. We need to find a hotel in Vegas and get a group rate.

D.
I have a connection with Harrah's, and they said for me to tell them the dates and what rooms are needed. Then we just gotta show. They will give us a great rate. If that doesn't work out I can call the Hilton.
Later!
Lee
Old 06-18-03, 02:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

cool, now we need to make an itinerary for the meet, how many days would you like to make it, I was thinking three days. One for a general meet, with social activities. Then a legend car show. Then a track day or desert canyon run like they do in the supra meets in Vegas. Then should we charge a fee for the activities. We would need a dedicated core group. A list perhaps.

D.

"I have a master plan"

Old 06-18-03, 03:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dvp
cool, now we need to make an itinerary for the meet, how many days would you like to make it, I was thinking three days. One for a general meet, with social activities. Then a legend car show. Then a track day or desert canyon run like they do in the supra meets in Vegas. Then should we charge a fee for the activities. We would need a dedicated core group. A list perhaps.

D.
Slow down a bit. All this will be brought up, but not until after the 4th this year. This is a test run for following events.
Later!
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Community Events > Meets