anyone in indiana? plus i need some legal advice - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

╗ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-04, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Legend LS sedan, 2002 3.2TL

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PerzianKabob
anyone in indiana? plus i need some legal advice

hey everyone....this is for my friend and i'm gonna try to make it as short as possible so i don't take up too much of your time. but my friend bought a laptop on ebay through this company, but she never recieved the package. they told her in the auction that the shipping was from their US supplier and would be shipped 30 days after the end of the auction, so expect it in 4-6 weeks because it is "shipping ground". she never got the package and ebay and paypal said it was too late to do anything as far as disputing it. she's been able to get in contact with the company owner and she's informed her that because they shut down the company and started up a new one, they can't do anything for her (because they don't sell laptops anymore). so right now they're holding onto her money and she never got her laptop. in the auction it states "By bidding on this auction, you agree that if there is a delay, Your payment will be refunded in full, if requested". they've pretty much ignored her and since we're in california we can't take this company to a small claims court in this state. ebay has killed their sellers account, but that only prevents this from happening to other people and does her no good.

Is there anything she can do? also i was hoping there was someone on this forum that lived near by the company and could check it out for me. their address is

White Wolf Designs
2603 E. Pine Drive
Warsaw, Indiana 46582
(574)453-2268

thanks to anyone that can help out
PerzianKabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-04, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pendíng

Car 1: 1991 Black LS Sedan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Contact Paypal (by phone) and talk to a representative. If nothing else, I believe they cover all credit card purchases up to $500, so you might at least be able to get that much back. Check Paypal's site and see how much protection your friend had for that purchase.
Patent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-04, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Legend LS sedan, 2002 3.2TL

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PerzianKabob
it wasn't with a credit card. it was from her checking account through paypal. also i believe that's within a certain time period which she obviously passed.
PerzianKabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-04, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

I live in IN and I am in law school....do I get a cookie? Seriously though, I am not sure where Warsaw is though......I will try to find out and see if this is doable. I hate when people get ripped off on ebay.....
LegendGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-04, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pendíng

Car 1: 1991 Black LS Sedan

PerzianKabob, your friend should call anyways.
Patent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-04, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rebuilding :(

Car 1: 95 Black L Coupe, Stromung Exhaust
Car 2: Diamond Audio
Car 3: ATL LEGENDS!

iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smokinfastlegend Send a message via Yahoo to Smokinfastlegend
Well i think they did that so they could get away free and clear with the money. Because after like 30 days you cant really do anything. U know? So they screwed her, i would just file a police report with the company, not following their policy and basically steeling her money.

44732-s87-a00 <- part number
Smokinfastlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge