Apology - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-09, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Administrator
Apology

Hey all. I'm sure you are aware of the events of the last two days. I wanted to clarify a few things here in this thread.

Firstly, I DID NOT INTENTIONALLY remove all the Administrator posts. I was in the process of banning a spammer when my system went wacky, and all of a sudden I was banned and so was another member apparently. I messed up bad, and I understand it looked like I was trying to hide something, or censor the membership. I have been working at undeleting all the posts since. Even my IP address got banned along with all of my posts.

Secondly, I want to thank everyone who expressed their opinions on the new vendor rules, although some may have gone a little too far. It is good that the community wanted to express themselves, and I heard you loud and clear. The discussion has been open from the beginning amongst the team, and remains open to this day. This is a great community, and we would like to keep it that way. I may have underestimated the reaction to the new rules, and approached the enforcement of said rule in the wrong way, but we are working towards a solution that works for all concerned. Thanks again for your input and support.

Nadeem
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-09, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Nadeem,

You have no idea what this community is all about. You're looking at buying an MB which actually has gobs of aftermarket support, something our cars do not. What you did yesterday was blatant, regardless of what you're writing. You can't blame it on a screwed up PC, that won't fly here. You won't win anything back by undeleting SOME of the posts you nonchalantly scattered to the winds yesterday.

You made your bed, and now you have to sleep in it.

1994 Tafetta White LS Coupe
JDM grille
15% all the way around
94legendcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94legendcpe View Post
Nadeem,

You have no idea what this community is all about. You're looking at buying an MB which actually has gobs of aftermarket support, something our cars do not. What you did yesterday was blatant, regardless of what you're writing. You can't blame it on a screwed up PC, that won't fly here. You won't win anything back by undeleting SOME of the posts you nonchalantly scattered to the winds yesterday.

You made your bed, and now you have to sleep in it.
Whether you choose to believe it or not. It is a fact. I used "One-touch ban and clean" (our anti-spam tool), and it ended up banning me instead of a spammer. Look into the tool and you will see what it does. I couldn't even access the site since my IP got banned, and I had to have a tech give me back access. Also, ALL my deleted posts are now re-instated.

Nadeem
Old 06-04-09, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Car 1: 91 5MT LS, 310k
Car 2: 91 5MT LS, 208k
Car 3: 03 G35 sdn (wife's)

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
What about my deleted thread?
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Your last post before you left yesterday afternoon was "You're all acting like kids, speaking of, I need to go pick mine up." This was all typed AFTER you deleted all your posts, so I'm not buying your excuse, period.

Then you were on last night cleaning house and throwing around the ban stick AGAIN until the wee hours of the morning.

5% loss (and the most active posters) in a 12 hour period can't look good.

1994 Tafetta White LS Coupe
JDM grille
15% all the way around
94legendcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
is gone with the wind ...

Car 1: '92 Vineyard Grey LS Sedan
Car 2: '05 TSX Gray auto
Car 3: '08 MDX Steel Blue/T

What is the sound of one hand clapping ..... in an empty room?

"All opinions expressed above were left over after the good ones had been taken..."
go92Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
What about my deleted thread?
Which one? Tell me the name and I can dig it up. Nothing is ever hard-deleted. FYI All the threads I deleted were full of postings to join the other site, racism towards me, swearing and other blatantly inappropriate comments. Instead of digging through each one, I moved the threads to holding. If your thread is safe to be in the open forum, I will re-instate it.

Nadeem
Old 06-04-09, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Car 1: 91 5MT LS, 310k
Car 2: 91 5MT LS, 208k
Car 3: 03 G35 sdn (wife's)

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
That one.

We need to change the new group buy rule. - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

Edit: Cancel, it is there.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rebuilding :(

Car 1: 95 Black L Coupe, Stromung Exhaust
Car 2: Diamond Audio
Car 3: ATL LEGENDS!

iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smokinfastlegend Send a message via Yahoo to Smokinfastlegend
Nadeem, we suffered through the addition of crap on the sides of our forum, ads galore, and the blatant commercialization of our forum. we started out as a community by us for us, sky came in bought us, and it started losing a little but it was still by us for us. Your group came in and totally removed that aspect, everything was by us, but its for autoforums now. That doesnt fly, our info wasnt put here so you can put ads in and take money from us when we barely have anything to begin with. Fees =ing 3 dollars a day? we arent a civic forum, we arent a mazda forum, we arent 3si, we dont have the tuner backing to be able to do anything for your company. Cant you get that through your skull? Its not blown out of proportion nadeem, its the final straw. You upped the amount for memberships, you added more ads because "we felt it would be best to put there for our forums sponsors", and now this new vendor fee. No nadeem its not us blowing this out of proportion, its you and your organization taking advantage of a forum who didnt want you to own us in the first place.

Its not like you will get any of the members you lost back, and the wave is only going to get bigger, enjoy your empty forum.

44732-s87-a00 <- part number
Smokinfastlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hey all. I'm sure you are aware of the events of the last two days. I wanted to clarify a few things here in this thread.

Firstly, I DID NOT INTENTIONALLY remove all the Administrator posts. I was in the process of banning a spammer when my system went wacky, and all of a sudden I was banned and so was another member apparently. I messed up bad, and I understand it looked like I was trying to hide something, or censor the membership. I have been working at undeleting all the posts since. Even my IP address got banned along with all of my posts.

Secondly, I want to thank everyone who expressed their opinions on the new vendor rules, although some may have gone a little too far. It is good that the community wanted to express themselves, and I heard you loud and clear. The discussion has been open from the beginning amongst the team, and remains open to this day. This is a great community, and we would like to keep it that way. I may have underestimated the reaction to the new rules, and approached the enforcement of said rule in the wrong way, but we are working towards a solution that works for all concerned. Thanks again for your input and support.

Nadeem
I don't believe this crap either! Why the hell was I banned with no warning???? what happened to the 5 strike rule?????? I (BDAZZG1) have been an upstanding member of this community for 3 years now and now you have permabanned me for what? exercising my free right to speech? As stated earlier, you have made your bed...lie in it! You had no right to ban me or 99% of the others you did it to. You drove us away and now you apologise?
BDAZZG1jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
This is why I hated it when the site became corporate owned. I knew this was going to happen. I miss A-L.com being private owned. It was actually fun to be on back then. I'm glad I didn't pay for the Lifetime membership yet.
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
has left the building

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

Nadeem
Fine. You've hoisted yourself on your own petard. Good on you, sport. Problem is that you can't undo the ill will that was generated by your arrogance and miscalculation and now that there is a viable option, this place is toast. BTW, not allowing the phrase "****************" to be visible was an incredibly childish move. That one gained you TONS of mad respect.

The smart move here may be for you slink away and leave us the hell alone. Cut your losses while you still can.
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
It's true^^
LegendLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator

Chances are you won't be seeing me here much longer.

Nadeem
Old 06-04-09, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Fine. You've hoisted yourself on your own petard. Good on you, sport. Problem is that you can't undo the ill will that was generated by your arrogance and miscalculation and now that there is a viable option, this place is toast. BTW, not allowing the phrase "****************" to be visible was an incredibly childish move. That one gained you TONS of mad respect.

The smart move here may be for you slink away and leave us the hell alone. Cut your losses while you still can.
What phrase would that be?
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge