Got my car fixed....now for the lawsuit - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-08, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: I35 Sedan
Car 2: 2004 Lincoln LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to morbo
Got my car fixed....now for the lawsuit

Uber-Long story. Maybe I'l lay it all out in detail, but here's the abridged version:

Alarm installr in my area (Mother's Window Tint) installed an alarm in my car and Fux0red it. Badly. It caused my master window switch to go bad, killed my crank sensor, and 2 of my cam sensors. All totaled about $1200 in diag, repair, and towing costs.

I just got it back today after having the crank & cam sensors replaced: $540.

The i35 is running solid again, but none of this $1200 is part of "routine" or "scheduled" maintenance. Their asses are getting taken to small claims court.

Since they screwed me over, I have been trying to get in touch with someone that could help me. I was dealing with their reginal manager, who agreed to "install the alarm correctly" after my master window switch problem. Well they tried, and that's when they screwed up my sensors. Since that date, no returned phone calls, and this douchebag is jumping from store to store (maybe avoiding me, who knows?).

I wrote a letter to their corporate office laying all of this out, along with my receipts and written notes from the dealer about the problem(s). I have yet to hear anything from that letter either.

Lesson learned: Mother's Window Tint sucks pole.

Money spent: $1450 after court filing costs (the extra $250 for filing I can include on my damages when I file my lawsuit)

Assdicks!

The alarm is now for sale. I am going to go with a Viper alarm, and take it to a local conversion shop and have them install it properly. The alarm itself is solid, but the installation is the problem. Let me know if anyone is interested in it. I paid $600 for it last June, and used it for about 14 months. I have all the hardware, harnesses, and the universal transponder bypass....$200 shipped.

http://ffejbomb.blogspot.com
CODEALARM CAR ALARM W/REMOTE START 4 SALE! PM OR EMAIL ME FOR INFO!!!
Keepin it real fo the SA
The Internet wasn't designed for ridicule. It was invented so researchers could share common data sets at University. It was I tell you.........it was. --Homer Simpson
morbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-08, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
sucks, good luck
Artillery129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: 95 Sherwood Sedan
Car 2: 94 Canterbury Sedan

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ymisoqt
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This gets them in the mood to settle usually....
ymisoqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Car 1: 91 5MT LS, 310k
Car 2: 91 5MT LS, 208k
Car 3: 03 G35 sdn (wife's)

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
hmmmmmmmmm....might want to indicate what kind of alarm

They've tinted all my windows since I was a kid, but I wouldn't let them anywhere near my car, trying to install an alarm. Try AutoXtras on San Pedro. Great work, decent prices.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Codealarm crimestopper 1200 series

I think I'll go to custom sounds, or the conversion shop the dealer recommended. I spend ~$800 on the alarm and install @ Mother's, and for $950 I can get a viper (better alarm) installed....

Yeah I filed a bbb complaint

They have 15 complaints in the past 3 years

They blow

The problem I have is that I assumed (MISTAKE) they were a good shop. They have been around in SA for 25 years. I don't see how, but I thought their tenure equaled a decent reputation. WRONG!!!

Keepin it real fo the SA
The Internet wasn't designed for ridicule. It was invented so researchers could share common data sets at University. It was I tell you.........it was. --Homer Simpson
Old 12-05-08, 12:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: 95 Sherwood Sedan
Car 2: 94 Canterbury Sedan

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ymisoqt
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbo View Post

They blow

The problem I have is that I assumed (MISTAKE) they were a good shop. They have been around in SA for 25 years. I don't see how, but I thought their tenure equaled a decent reputation. WRONG!!!
Been there done that After my paint experience I have learned to ask for references, get referrals and check the BBB! 15 complaints in 3 years, wow! Good luck on getting this fixed I hope it works out for you!
ymisoqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 01:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Quote:

I think I'll go to custom sounds, or the conversion shop the dealer recommended. I spend ~$800 on the alarm and install @ Mother's, and for $950 I can get a viper (better alarm) installed....

I lived there for quite a bit of time. If you need stuff, ask! *lol* Custom Sounds is good, but pricey. The reason I say AutoXtras is b/c they're a rather small shop, but Kevin and the guys over there are great. And I don't like everyone knowing what I have in my car, unless I tell, and too many people walk into the install bay @ C.S. Too mainstream for my tastes.
Old 12-05-08, 03:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah they are pricey. I'll talk to Auto Extras, it's right up the street from Custom Sounds!

Yeah I remember you lived in Sa for a while. How is Austin (I think that's where you ended up) treating you?

Keepin it real fo the SA
Old 12-06-08, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 1988 Legend LS Coupe
Car 2: 1987 Legend L Coupe
Car 3: 93 Dodge Dakota LS

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to awelliott
Quote:

They blow

BTDT with small claims and BBB. Good luck; you'll need it. I won a judgement 2 years ago against a crooked plumbing company - the problem is in trying to collect from such crooks. In a simpler, better day you could just perform a beat-down and be done with it, but that doesn't fly in today's world.

However, something that is usually very effective is if you have a local Geraldo Rivera wannabe news reporter that does consumer advocacy spots and can get him interested in running your story. You'll be amazed at the responsiveness when such a reporter approaches the business owner to get his side of the story that's getting ready to run on the local news.
awelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 01:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend sedan
Car 2: 2001 focus

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
how exactly did they fry crank sensor and two cam sensors? that is a major, major, major screw up. Did they short the wires? wow good luck man. I had the same problem with getting a settlement and never recieving payment

WELCOME TO THE WORLD TANNER JONES!!!
APRIL 21 2008
i<3mylegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 01:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

thats exactly why i dont mess with non oem stuff anymore. my legend had a viper and it worked well... since then i left the tl-s stock and my bmw is stock... actually the bmw doesnt have an alarm. i think it is a $600 option...
raky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 02:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3mylegend View Post
how exactly did they fry crank sensor and two cam sensors? that is a major, major, major screw up. Did they short the wires? wow good luck man. I had the same problem with getting a settlement and never recieving payment
Yeah I assume they spliced it incorrectly.

The manager I was dealing with told me flat out (BAAAAAAAD MOVE on his part):

"We couldn't find any install guides for the i35. All we could find was install instructions for the i30. But we made it work".

WTF?!?!?! Just cal me and tell me you can't do it. Al of this could have been avoided with that simple phone call. Frickin idiots.

Keepin it real fo the SA
Old 12-06-08, 02:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Quote:
Yeah they are pricey. I'll talk to Auto Extras, it's right up the street from Custom Sounds!

Yeah I remember you lived in Sa for a while. How is Austin (I think that's where you ended up) treating you?
Born and raised in SA, I was there for 30+ years. I moved *near* ATX, not *in* ATX *lol*. How's it treating me? I don't know why it took so long to move
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge