How was your day? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-08, 02:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda Accord Coupe 92
Car 2: Mitsubishi Eclipse95
Car 3: Acura legend coupe

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
How was your day?

This tread is for just venting it all out. Whatever happend and you want to talk about it, this is the place. I'll start it off.

Well today i got another ticket, cant seem to go a month without getting one. Its the same ticket over and over, loud exhaust. For some reason i dont get these tickets in the city, only in the small towns. It seems these cops have nothing to do but give drivers a hard time. and i might also be an accessory for helping my friend hide form the autorities. Well he isn't wanted, they just need to ask him a few questions.

enough about me, what did you do today?

H3 bulb. $6
legend coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-08, 03:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
A.L.I.A.S. Champion, Alien Booya Champion, Alloy Arena Champion, Attack by Night2 Champion, Badboy Champion, Batman the Mystery of Batwoman Champion, Chicken Ator Champion, Cosmo Pilot Champion, FogHorn Thanks Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kung Fu Fighter Champion

Car 1: 1992 L Sedan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend coupe View Post
This tread is for just venting it all out. Whatever happend and you want to talk about it, this is the place. I'll start it off.

Well today i got another ticket, cant seem to go a month without getting one. Its the same ticket over and over, loud exhaust. For some reason i dont get these tickets in the city, only in the small towns. It seems these cops have nothing to do but give drivers a hard time. and i might also be an accessory for helping my friend hide form the autorities. Well he isn't wanted, they just need to ask him a few questions.

you're the kinda guy that's sitting in jail with your friend saying oh crap at least we had fun That's awesome to find people like that. Sorry to hear about the tickets.

My days been pretty awesome even though it hasn't had much excitement yet

sorry but I got to say this best of luck with the autorities Typos are so much fun
Big F Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 03:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Air Attack 3 Champion

iTrader Score: 23 reviews
where should i start, GF was laid-off from her job yesterday, and I'm debating on if to leave out to check my Brother in Phoenix, tomorrow afternoon. other than that pretty much uneventful day. this thread could go far, some thing happens every day, usually alot of Bullshit.

i could keep this one(thread) alive for a long time to come.
maracura91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend coupe View Post

isnt there a silencer for your exaust?
what i found out is that theres a certain limit a cops has to have , interms of pulling over drivers. if they pull over less then what is expected then theyre boss will bitch at them and think that they are lazy. so thats why they will pull over any joe smoe for no damn apparent reason. i only know this cause a friend of a friend is a cop.
lets just say, ever since i got my license, i got pulled over between 35 to 45 times. and only 2 times when i got a ticket, its for speeding , clearly my fault.
so not, when i get pulled over, i never panic no more, just pretend i dont know shit, and they will give you a "warning". if you going to be an ass, then they will find a ticket for you ,lol.
just be polite, and sometimes gotta play stupid, and they will let you got most of the time with just a warning.
11454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 04:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend Coupe LS, Type II
Car 2: 1988 Cavi Z24 Drop

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Well.............

Been at work with no work. Grrr makes my night long. Its 240am, no work since 1130. Im here till 6a

AND

<------------ Someone made me angry

----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by NoRegrets; 12-31-08 at 04:41 AM.
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 04:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
From my point of view; it's doesn't look good ...although from my children point view; they're going to have a blast yet again. Their cousins from La$ Vega$ are planning a ski/snowboarding trip to Mt. Charleston on new years day.

As you can see, I'm still up and getting all their GEARS ready for the trip... we're prolly going to leave the house around 9'sh in the AM, and hope/pray to beat the traffic!
pnoye2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 05:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
A.L.I.A.S. Champion, Alien Booya Champion, Alloy Arena Champion, Attack by Night2 Champion, Badboy Champion, Batman the Mystery of Batwoman Champion, Chicken Ator Champion, Cosmo Pilot Champion, FogHorn Thanks Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kung Fu Fighter Champion

Car 1: 1992 L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoye2 View Post
From my point of view; it's doesn't look good ...although from my children point view; they're going to have a blast yet again. Their cousins from La$ Vega$ are planning a ski/snowboarding trip to Mt. Charleston on new years day.

As you can see, I'm still up and getting all their GEARS ready for the trip... we're prolly going to leave the house around 9'sh in the AM, and hope/pray to beat the traffic!
Best of luck to you on that one traffic is so annoying
Big F Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 05:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracura91 View Post
i could keep this one(thread) alive for a long time to come.
no shit right.. lol ...this threads great... as long as we're allowed to cuss. in general, not at someone. example: this fucking asshole cut me off in traffic today and all i could think was "fkn die you rebel scum!" lol j/k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoChelle View Post
Well.............Been at work with no work. Grrr makes my night long. Its 240am, no work since 1130. Im here till 6a
AND
<------------ Someone made me angry
hulk smash! ;] you need someone to keep you company at work..

as for my day... i woke up around 1 in the morning... around 3 i felt like buyin smokes and gettin gas for the day and seein how better it's drivin after cleaning the pcv. when i got to the station my gen1's idle was fluxing about 2-400rpms (hasn't done that before) so i proceeded to mess with the TB a lil bit to see if it's just the old sensors.. didn't do jack... turned it off and turned it back on... stabalized for a second then fluxed again. got on the road to see if i could drive it out, just to get it back home. temp needle hits a quarter below H. pulled over and shut her off.......

sat there for a few minutes in denial thinking about the chances on whether it's just low on coolant or if she's losing the HG (since she was burnin a slight bit of coolant, i wasn't sure). then more minutes quietly cussing her out. then a loud "FUCK!" Got out and had a couple cigs, noticed the resevoir looked like it had green coolant in it.. either way it was overheatin some cuz of how much was in there. When she was cooled off, i drove maybe just under a half mile and did it again. and again and then limped the rest of the way home.

drained the oil after sunrise.. nothin but high rpm burnt oil. sweet. actually took a good look down into the Rad. heh.. the tube is kinda bent down, so the little puddle of coolant under the Rad cap kinda mislead me the other times i just took a quick look at the level.

poured just under a gallon into her with about a small drink extra.

finally got to test drive the pcv. didn't fix the intake pop and bogdown. thinking it might be dist. cap or spark plugs. tomorrow i'm sandpapering spark plugs and effin with dist cap. need some damn fedia before i can get it. not really repairable. so i gotta live with an ugly bogdown for a little bit. really fkn annoying cuz i've felt it slowly gettin worse, and it sucks having badass power and then be firin on only some of the cyl's.

noon hit, took sanded 69 Camaro driver's side fender to boss. got trees. chilled with cousin. came down after a few hours and drove around for a bit. got home, had some more leaves. crashed around 7, got back up at 1.

now it's 3 and i'm high as a fkn kite.

Last edited by dblanehopr; 12-31-08 at 07:10 AM.
dblanehopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 06:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend LS Sedan
Car 2: 2008 Grand Caravan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido95Legend View Post
lets just say, ever since i got my license, i got pulled over between 35 to 45 times.
^ What?! you must have something that triggers them to pull you over. Limo dark tint, loud exhaust, no plates,

G2BMC - I've been pulled over between 5-8 times and I've been driving for 22 years...and only pulled over once in the past 13 years (and got a warning)...thanks to my local Police Benevolent Association sticker

On topic - I was informed today by the President that he decided we will be cutting 4 jobs soon (performance and economics related) and being I am both the Finance (Accounting) and Human Resource Manager I get to ruin some co-workers 2009. I know it is a necessary part of my job and this stuff needs to happen, but it is not fun. I will be thinking about it until it gets done.

'91 LS - Golden Glow Pearl Clearcoat w/ Ivory Leather 94K miles

Mods 7 Spoke OEM Machined Rims, Sunroof Tilt, Armrest w/ Cupholder, Iggee Seat Covers w/ Controls mod. UnMods Removed tint

Gallery Pictures Link

DIY's
1) How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers
2) Iggee front seat covers w/ seat controls mod
91LSplendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
Well, this whole week, I'm not working cause there isn't any work. But next week, I might get my hours back. Other than that, my fog lights that I been working on isn't cooperating with me lol. I just hope nothing else breaks on my car.

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
Well, this whole week, I'm not working cause there isn't any work. But next week, I might get my hours back. Other than that, my fog lights that I been working on isn't cooperating with me lol. I just hope nothing else breaks on my car.
waitin on work sucks.
dblanehopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 09:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Livin Legend

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend
Car 2: 1983 nis/dat 280zx
Car 3: 2003 kawasaki zx12r

Well my day started off with me reseting my ABS after changing my brake pads(front and back) and a rear caliber....Turns out the abs gave me code 44
but the light only came on some of time but it gave this code every time I checked the diagnostics so I cleaned the pulser and and sensor on rear right wheel and everything seems to be peachy...On another note I've started playing Metal Gear Solid 4...What awesome game...I'm at work now but will only be here a half a day Then it's time to
Old 12-31-08, 12:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
SGM / Type F

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to samblaze
It was a great day. Work was wrapped up quicker than I was expecting, and since I was by myself at the office it was nice and quiet. Ended up at the bar with some good friends, hanging out and enjoying quality pints!
Sig by Double Glow
samblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

tuesday morning i was driving my car to the inlaws and on the expessway my car just felt funny! like a flat! so i pulled over and nothing! so i proceeded to drive. yesterday just driving around the hood my car felt REALLY funny! my steering wheel has never been str8 but now it was a lil more cocked!!
so i go to my local tire shop! look what i see!

tire broke a belt! i never knew it could get that bad! so i got a used tire for $25!!!!

now im off to stock my fridge with
ELPAISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 12:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
*NOMADIC ACURA*

Car 1: 1991 ACURA LEGEND COUPE BLUE

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
I'm off today and can't find nothing to watch on TV (COMCAST). i bought "LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN" yesterday and watched it immediately.. So now I'm about to watch "The Mummy" 3rd one.. I was trying to save it for this evening but I can't seem to wait.. Damn what choices.. I don't go back to work until Jan 5th but, something that happened at work is causing me to worry about my employment status... Damn why can't things run smooth. Life, gotta live it to love it and sometimes laugh at it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge