Lets welcome Stew, the new AF guy - Page 4 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-09, 10:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
502MotorSports.com

Car 1: e39 540i | e28 533i [Euro]
Car 2: e60 530i | e46 330i
Car 3: S430

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 502 MotorSports Send a message via Yahoo to 502 MotorSports
Welcome Stew!

I agree with Reboticon.
As someone that was here when the forum started, I knew the originator, we swapped ideas and such...he even knew that trying to charge for group buys was crazy. I know what is seems like to you guys, but 7 years ago when I personally was trying to get parts made for the Legend...there was STILL no aftermarket support, but we persevered and had custom stuff made...I made very little if any, considering the time, money and initial investment for R&D, time to tool my car, etc. It was for the love of this community. As a Super Mod, OG, and all around business man - I say that it is imperative that we preserve this community....it may hurt now, but like a classic Ferrari, you would not throw it out with the bath water b/c of a dent on the side. Fix it, make it better. Show the community that you guys care, and MOST importantly, integrity...at a minimum, speak to the leaders here before launching something that could wreak havoc faster than Hurricane Katrina...

that is all....

Stew...thanks for stepping in. Be patient...just put yourself in their shoes...
502 MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-09, 03:03 AM   #47 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Wow, my home has been destroyed by the same type of idiocy that brings down banks. You get a few people with their eye on one thing (money) and they come up with possibly the most retarded idea to ever hit this forum.

Yes, charging vendor fees on a forum where pretty much no businesses sell products is insane. Congrats on showing how terrible you people are at running a business.

"Yeah, lets charge EVERYONE selling a product $1000 a year to advertise on the forums. Nevermind the fact that most people selling products on here probably don't even make $500 in profit, it sounds like a great idea!"

I mean seriously, what complete moron thinks anything but casual advertising will work on a forum like this? The sad part is, all the people that participate in this forum have a better business sense to realize the extra-strength-stupid required to formulate such a business plan.

15+ year old cars with almost no aftermarket support? Let's instate a vendor fee!!! Its a miracle the forum's owner(s) isn't homeless.

What was the phrase? We had to destroy it to save it?

Way to go smart guys! You just killed a 7-year-old forum in a matter of 3-4 days.
Dethred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 03:28 AM   #48 (permalink)
Leaving the lights on

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend L Automatic

Yeah, hey 93LegendSedan, if your user account got deleted, you likely will never see sign of your previous posts again unless they restore the site from a pre-"Nadeem Incident" backup.
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Goatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 02:36 AM   #49 (permalink)
Hacky Sack Champion

Car 1: 1993 Legend Sedan
Car 2: 2001 LS430
Car 3: 1967 Camaro SS

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
Yeah, hey 93LegendSedan, if your user account got deleted, you likely will never see sign of your previous posts again unless they restore the site from a pre-"Nadeem Incident" backup.
I'm not sure what exactly happened man, but it's really frustrating.
93LegendSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 12:13 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93LegendSedan View Post
I'm not sure what exactly happened man, but it's really frustrating.
I think restoring posts and threads isn't as easy as it sounds. You had a few thousand posts...and I think they all have to be manually restored.
J Witherspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 12:43 PM   #51 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda Accord Coupe 92
Car 2: Mitsubishi Eclipse95
Car 3: Acura legend coupe

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
With a name like Nadeem, what did yall expect? A stew a Cris a Brian or a Peter, even a Mayor West is bound to be better. After all, we're all family guys.

Welcome Stewie.... I mean Stew

H3 bulb. $6
legend coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 02:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
has left the building

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
I'd just like my posts and threads back so I can reference them. Nothing to do with numbers, but rather the information contained which was 4 years of my personal shit.
That would be great. I'd love to be able see the posts where you threw Lou and Drew under the bus again. Been a while since I've seen such blatant sniveling & groveling. You should be honored to have been a integral part of maybe the greatest torching in Legend history and you brought it all on yourself. Are you sure your real name isn't Waylon Smithers and you work for Monty Burns?

This Forum is the right place for you. You fit right in with all of the wonderful folks at AF. After your opening rant over at .org, I'm more convinced than ever of where you belong. Have a blessed day.
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 11:33 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
That would be great. I'd love to be able see the posts where you threw Lou and Drew under the bus again. Been a while since I've seen such blatant sniveling & groveling. You should be honored to have been a integral part of maybe the greatest torching in Legend history and you brought it all on yourself. Are you sure your real name isn't Waylon Smithers and you work for Monty Burns?

This Forum is the right place for you. You fit right in with all of the wonderful folks at AF. After your opening rant over at .org, I'm more convinced than ever of where you belong. Have a blessed day.

Old 06-08-09, 12:31 AM   #54 (permalink)
Hacky Sack Champion

Car 1: 1993 Legend Sedan
Car 2: 2001 LS430
Car 3: 1967 Camaro SS

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

What is your deal? I didn't throw anyone under the bus. I stated what Drew had made obvious with his avatar, and Lou had admitted it.

Why would I let myself get punished for something I didn't do? I should take the fall? Drew is a good friend of mine actually, and we talk on the phone often so he knew what was going on and didn't care. Same with Lou.

I have 4 years of information taken away I'd like back, and adding you to the list of people that hate me doesn't help when you are in charge.

No admin will listen when he has you and others are stepping up and trashing me. None of you know on here know me well, very few have taken the time to get to know me or come up with their own opinion. Everyone listens to everyone else.

I made a thread with apologies to everyone. Not to get my posts/threads back, that should happen regardless, but to end this shit.

I am not groveling, or whatever you think man. I am doing what I feel is right.

I am personally sorry to Mike Diaz for anything involving that picture. I have no reason to mess with someone personal life, and would never want to. And if by having that picture if my possession was wrong on you, I apologize. I thought for a period of time it was a joke, but recently saw how angry you got. I never threw my friends under the bus or snitched on them, I just was being respectful to the man who was upset.

I am personally sorry to Ivan. I never honestly recall making insensitive comments, but I might have, and if I did in anger I apologize. I might have done it in jest, but even if so it doesn't make it right. So I apologize honestly for any comments I made that offended you as a person. Online I joke alot and am sarcastic and opiniontated, I'm very opinionated and sarcastic in real life, but in person you can tell by the voice. So that is my problem.

To Gabe, I had alot of help from you and never meant to be such a dick if I came off as one. You have been one of the few if only guys to help me out and I appreciate it.

To everyone else that hates me and has a reason, please let me know what I did. To those who have no reason and hate me, I got nothing for ya.

Refer to my thread about bringing the community together. I have seen how my words even on a forum have bothered people, and I'm not sorry for my opinions, but sorry if I ever took anything too far.

Everyone can judge and say I'm a pussy, this is a front or a scam, and what not, but it was just honestly a change I realize I had to make. I love my car and love this community. Nothing more and nothing less, take it as it is.

I hope to see everyone able to move past this. I ask people not continue to bash me here, but appreciate what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

-Matt
Old 06-08-09, 12:59 AM   #55 (permalink)

Car 1: 92/95Legends, 88/89 CRXs
Car 2: 91 civic, 90 Integra
Car 3: 71T-bird, 95Explorer

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
^ Really Crowing and Nick were two that should have been mentioned, imo. You seemed to have some sort of legitimate beef with the others, though you could have handled it with a lot more finesse.

Anyway, That seemed like a genuine apology to me. Whether or not anyone else agrees, IDK. I don't have any history with you from which to judge. So bottom line, I thought that showed some character right there, and it gained you at least a little respect from me. Ill quit riding you about it.

My Low Buck Non-Legend Builds
91 Civic Sedan (1.5 A/T -> 1.6vtec 5 spd)
90 DA Teg
89 Boosted CRX!
reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 02:58 AM   #56 (permalink)
One Meeelion HP

Car 1: 95 BMW 740I
Car 2: (860) 585-7200
Car 3: 91 LS Cpe 3.5 *sold*

iTrader Score: 44 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to sr5guy Send a message via AIM to sr5guy
Quote:
-Matt
Stop using my signature damnit!

-Matt

sr5guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 04:54 AM   #57 (permalink)

Old 06-08-09, 11:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Administrator

Yo, why you guys hijacking my welcome thread... Whats up with that. LOL
AF_Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 11:48 AM   #59 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Stew View Post
dude, this is HiJack city...

Threads here tend to turn more corners than Nurburgring.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 12:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
has left the building

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Stew View Post
Stew, too bad you couldn't have been here from the jump instead of that ignorant tool, Nadeem. You seem like a really good guy. If that had been the case, we may not be in the situation we're in now. The old saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" really applies here. Sad, really----
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge