Moving back to NJ, insurance questions - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-04, 02:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
B**k F***er

Car 1: 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC
Car 2: 1995 Mazda Miata
Car 3: 2014 Kawasaki Versys

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to NickD Send a message via AIM to NickD Send a message via Yahoo to NickD Send a message via Skype™ to NickD
Moving back to NJ, insurance questions

Hey guys. I am moving back to NJ in about 2 weeks because of my new job. I need to register my cars in NJ. I know my NY insurance is still good for up to I think 3 months or something in NJ, however I have a few days gap between my jobs and I would like to take that opportunity to register my cars in NJ. To do so I need NJ insurance first.

I want to insure my 328i with full coverage and my Legend with base coverage.

I had a "Failure to Yield left on red" in January 2003 and hefty speeding ticket in July of 2001.

Can anyone recommend any good insurance companies? I was with AIG for a while in NJ and I refuse to even consider them again.
NickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-04, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: rebuilding '91 coupe,

i would go with allstate if you can afford it they are fast and they pay up with no problems. i have nationwide now and i am probably going to switch to geico since they are the cheapest even though i had them before and they screwed me. i need to save some money.
bicsintegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
B**k F***er

Send a message via ICQ to NickD Send a message via AIM to NickD Send a message via Yahoo to NickD Send a message via Skype™ to NickD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicsintegra
i would go with allstate if you can afford it they are fast and they pay up with no problems. i have nationwide now and i am probably going to switch to geico since they are the cheapest even though i had them before and they screwed me. i need to save some money.
I am with Geico now in NY, they don't offer insurance in NJ. I have had good luck with Geico so far.

How is nationwide? I am considering AllState and will probably get a quote from them. My parents are with Allstate and say they are pretty good.
Old 06-10-04, 03:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

nationwide is o.k. but they are a little high but probably cheaper than allstate, they wouldn't even consider giving me insurance because of my tickets but now my record is clear so i will have to shop around again. i only went with nationwide because my house and my cars are all insured with them so i got a package deal or so they say i do not see any big savings on my bill especially for my house.
Old 06-10-04, 03:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

where in the hell is nyack, new york i know it is upstate but where exactly anywhere near binghamton or syracuse?
Old 06-10-04, 03:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
B**k F***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicsintegra
where in the hell is nyack, new york i know it is upstate but where exactly anywhere near binghamton or syracuse?
It's the first exit past the Tapanzee Bridge, about 20 miles north of Yankee Stadium right on the NY/NJ border.
Old 06-10-04, 03:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

i have nationwide, never had a problem with them.
newowner92LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 04:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Legend SE

Nick, try Liberty Mutual in Parsippany, NJ...(973) 539-6080. I used to have insurance with them for a long time while in NJ....but I switched since I moved to PA..2 1/2 years ago. I also had AIG just for one year, since their rate jumped for no reason. I called them and asked why...they said because I lived in Essex County and it is considered a high risk area. If you happen to live in Morris County, you'll get the best rate of all. So give Liberty Mutual a try. Good luck.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 04:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
AKA Smartjay28

Car 1: JDM KA7
Car 2: w203

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Kim Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny Kim
hey nick, where in jerz you moving?
btw, my insurace(state something,)i pay bout 3g a year.
Old 06-10-04, 05:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Wow, 3g a year? NJ is crazy on insurance. When I was in NJ a couple of years ago, I paid $1100/year (full coverage). How's your driving record? Also it depends on age too. Wow....unbelievable.
Old 06-10-04, 05:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Wow, 3g a year? NJ is crazy on insurance. When I was in NJ a couple of years ago, I paid $1100/year (full coverage). How's your driving record? Also it depends on age too. Wow....unbelievable.
he's 19 that has a lot to do with it

i'm 21 and still under my rents insurance (thank god) it only runs me about $520 per year
Old 06-10-04, 06:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
B**k F***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by newowner92LS
he's 19 that has a lot to do with it

i'm 21 and still under my rents insurance (thank god) it only runs me about $520 per year
Wow!!!! I am paying ~$4000/yr for my Legend and 328i in NY, I am 27 and have 2 tickets on my insurance.
Old 06-10-04, 07:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

Sometime I could afford a nice car but because of insurance and it just turns me off. Oh well....that's how it is living in the Northeast at least. Good luck to all of you.
Old 06-10-04, 08:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
L4K3R5 F4N

Car 1: 91 auto LS sedan, 94 6 spd LS coupe

I've had very good experience with AAA in California. I don't know if that's an option out there. The only reason I switched back to State Farm was because I went under my family's multi-car plan and got a huge break. Get this. When I canceled my AAA policy after 2 years, they cut me a check for about $300 as a "thank you" for having been with them. They were always very quick to follow through on claims and never hassled me about anything.
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-04, 03:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD
Wow!!!! I am paying ~$4000/yr for my Legend and 328i in NY, I am 27 and have 2 tickets on my insurance.
I have 2 or 3 tickets in the past couple years, but the wierd thing is that my insurance company never seems to find them because my insurance doesnt go up. i think being under my parents policy and the fact that i just have liability on the legend are the main reasons that my insurance is so low. oh i'm 21 btw. i realize now that even when i was 16 my insurance on my 84 volvo (read TANK) only ran me about 650 a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge