"The PEOPLE make the community...NOT the URL." - Page 5 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-09, 12:15 AM   #61 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
/\ lol yea thnx for the correction i just found that out myself
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-09, 12:40 AM   #62 (permalink)
C.K. El Presidente

Car 1: 93 KA8 6-Speed
Car 2: 93 Lexus GS300
Car 3: 93 Nissan 300Z TT

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
What up homie's. Being as there are very few companies that make stuff for our cars we all have to resort to doing alot of stuff ourselves. I.E. I could not find anyone to do leather dashes so I took car of it. could not find any vendors that offered custom stuff like iphone incorparation so I did it myself, same with retro headlights etc. So if a member wishes me to wrap a dash for them or do a cupholder mod I would have to pay a vendor fee. If I am reading all this correctly then it's wrong. We are a community here to help each other. What's next paying to view a DIY? Come on this is wrong. If this is going to really be the bible then I guess this is one of my last post I guess....
Old 06-04-09, 12:43 AM   #63 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losaun View Post
What up homie's. Being as there are very few companies that make stuff for our cars we all have to resort to doing alot of stuff ourselves. I.E. I could not find anyone to do leather dashes so I took car of it. could not find any vendors that offered custom stuff like iphone incorparation so I did it myself, same with retro headlights etc. So if a member wishes me to wrap a dash for them or do a cupholder mod I would have to pay a vendor fee. If I am reading all this correctly then it's wrong. We are a community here to help each other. What's next paying to view a DIY? Come on this is wrong. If this is going to really be the bible then I guess this is one of my last post I guess....
I give a big fat AMEN to that!
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 12:52 AM   #64 (permalink)
C.K. El Presidente

Car 1: 93 KA8 6-Speed
Car 2: 93 Lexus GS300
Car 3: 93 Nissan 300Z TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_LS View Post
I give a big fat AMEN to that!
Thanks Hot_Legend
Old 06-04-09, 12:55 AM   #65 (permalink)
NALM '20 Seattle dreaming

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend GS
Car 2: 1995 Acura Legend GS
Car 3: 1994 Legend GS 6MT

iTrader Score: 29 reviews
ah mannn! What happened to my

IBTL !!!

post that was in this this thread?? blah!
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:08 AM   #66 (permalink)
95 ls coupe six spd

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
yo t i cant get on the new site whats up?
midtownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:09 AM   #67 (permalink)
Why did the chicken cross the road? Champion, Six Feet Under Champion

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend LS Coupe 5 speed MT 3.5 hybrid

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nino418
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtownman View Post
yo t i cant get on the new site whats up?
i think its overloaded. the whole damn forum switched over at once!
nino418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 04:53 AM   #68 (permalink)
Leaving the lights on

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend L Automatic

I realize I'm coming in late, but I would just like to point out that rule #4 in the original post is COMPLETELY unenforcable. Even if it's not done in public, what's to stop vendor B from PMing the buyer saying "hey, I'll give it to you for $10 cheaper..."
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Goatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 05:16 AM   #69 (permalink)
Leaving the lights on

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend L Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losaun View Post
...Don't give em any ideas...
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Goatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 05:51 AM   #70 (permalink)
Factory Freak!

Car 1: VGM KA8 5SP
Car 2: Downhill MTB

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 92drls
Over and out...
92drls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 11:26 AM   #71 (permalink)
has left the building

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Queue Carole King singing "It's Too Late"....
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 12:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
what!

Car 1: 95 LS Coupe 6 spd
Car 2: 02 TT225 Quattro 6sp
Car 3: 94 L Cpe 6spd - sold

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to kotetu Send a message via AIM to kotetu Send a message via MSN to kotetu Send a message via Yahoo to kotetu
I guess I want to start by saying, threads like this, while informative, are really very inflammatory. They stir up the members, which can be a good thing, but they also tend to snuff out any possibility of compromise.

I would like to see the following compromise:
  • Group Buys requests initiated by users should be free. This is not "Free Advertising" for some business. This is "Free Advertising" for the forum itself. If there is a successful group buy, then that business has an incentive to come back and do business here again. Thus, that business has an incentive to become a paid vendor. In the meantime, all of the members who participate benefit.
  • Group buys initiated to develop a new product should be free. There is tons of R&D involved creating a new product. Very often there's no profit at all made the first time around. Someone raised the capital to get it going. On small runs like Fut and Graeme's bars, the stromung exhausts, there is so little money involved, it would never be worth it to require a paid vendor status. The only result of this would be to kill the group buy. The other result is, as has been previously mentioned, the premature death of new products. Why would someone pay money to develop a product for us that we requested? It just won't happen.

Again, this is what I would like to see. I don't think it should be determined by the admin case-by-case. The moderators can take a look at a group buy and make a determination if the benefit is to the community or if a business is getting some unfair advantage.

Just remember, the more often people post up "f*ck admin" etc, etc, the less likely it will happen. Just cool your jets. All we need to know is yes or no on the important questions.
kotetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:03 PM   #73 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend LS Sedan
Car 2: 05 Suzuki RMZ-250
Car 3: soon Suzuki GSX750

Send a message via AIM to RedLegend92
Lol this is funny

CHICAGO LEGENDS!
Custom CAI
magnaflow catback exhaust
2 12" kicker cvr12's with a 2253 watt (751 rms)rockford amp w/ Cap
Pioneer head unit w/ pioneer ipod adapter
Rial 16" rims w/ goodyear triple tread tires
3 gauge pillar w/ autometer cobalt gauges.oil pressure, water temp, and air/fuel
GTS Smoke headlight covers
Venom 400 performance chip
Clear Corners
Mod Express 6000k HID kit
Addco rear sway bar
Blackened Engine Damper
20% tint
RedLegend92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:09 PM   #74 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
I guess I want to start by saying, threads like this, while informative, are really very inflammatory. They stir up the members, which can be a good thing, but they also tend to snuff out any possibility of compromise.

I would like to see the following compromise:
  • Group Buys requests initiated by users should be free. This is not "Free Advertising" for some business. This is "Free Advertising" for the forum itself. If there is a successful group buy, then that business has an incentive to come back and do business here again. Thus, that business has an incentive to become a paid vendor. In the meantime, all of the members who participate benefit.
  • Group buys initiated to develop a new product should be free. There is tons of R&D involved creating a new product. Very often there's no profit at all made the first time around. Someone raised the capital to get it going. On small runs like Fut and Graeme's bars, the stromung exhausts, there is so little money involved, it would never be worth it to require a paid vendor status. The only result of this would be to kill the group buy. The other result is, as has been previously mentioned, the premature death of new products. Why would someone pay money to develop a product for us that we requested? It just won't happen.

Again, this is what I would like to see. I don't think it should be determined by the admin case-by-case. The moderators can take a look at a group buy and make a determination if the benefit is to the community or if a business is getting some unfair advantage.

Just remember, the more often people post up "f*ck admin" etc, etc, the less likely it will happen. Just cool your jets. All we need to know is yes or no on the important questions.
Great suggestions, I will definitely take this into consideration when I am discussing with the team over here. It is very nice to see a level head in all this.

Nadeem
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:23 PM   #75 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Car 1: 91 5MT LS, 310k
Car 2: 91 5MT LS, 208k
Car 3: 03 G35 sdn (wife's)

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Great suggestions, I will definitely take this into consideration when I am discussing with the team over here. It is very nice to see a level head in all this.

Nadeem
I was level headed in my post when I originally asked you about this yesterday, but that post was subsequently locked, then deleted. I have yet to see it reappear.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge