Why I hate Ford. - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-09, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Car 1: 91 5MT LS, 310k
Car 2: 91 5MT LS, 208k
Car 3: 03 G35 sdn (wife's)

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Why I hate Ford.

Dunno if anyone caught this article on the front page:

Quote:
Several weeks ago we ran a few photos of a Ford Focus RS that was spotted in a suburb of Detroit. This of course led to speculation that FoMoCo was planning to bring its amazing hot hatch to the U.S.

Sadly, a Ford exec has confirmed that the RS will not make its way stateside. And to kill any hope for those still holding on to it, the executive just so happens to be Jost Capito, the new head of Ford’s global performance division.

Capito told the U.K.’s AutoCar that, “We’d like to, but the base car isn’t homologated for North America and that’s too costly a job to carry out just for a niche vehicle like the RS.”

That means North American consumers will continue to miss out on the aggressively styled Focus, which boasts a turbocharged five-cylinder engine with 295hp and 302 ft-lbs of torque.
Here's the car:

IMHO, this car looks better than either of its rivals (The STi and the EVO). I mean, I would actually BUY this Ford. Seriously. Dude says pretty much that the market isn't here. THIS is why the STi and EVO sell here: b/c of some guy thinking we won't buy something that isn't a Mustang or a Taurus or a Fwhatever50.

With decisions like this, it is inevitable that Ford will be joining Chrysler and GM, soon to be a memory.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-09, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
its gonna break pretty easily IMO
MondiVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
With decisions like this, it is inevitable that Ford will be joining Chrysler and GM, soon to be a memory.
thats what I'm hoping for...Ford FTL!
justblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondiVTEC View Post
its gonna break pretty easily IMO

I dunno about that. Regarding the previous version RS:

"The engine was heavily modified with forged aluminium pistons, forged connecting rods, hardened valve seats, sodium-filled exhaust valves, and a stainless steel exhaust system. The forced induction system comprised a Garrett turbocharger with a water-cooled charge air cooler and an electric water pump. To transmit the higher torque was an uprated AP clutch" and was "mated to the 5-speed MTX-75 and not the Getrag transmission used in the ST 170. Mechanically, most notably, the car incorporated a Quaife automatic torque biasing differential...."

More info about the '09 model.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 05-29-09 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-29-09, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
You ever heard of the Cosworth?
you can't compare german fords to american fords. thats like saying a goat (GTO) is the same quality as any other GM product. The Holden Monaco (GTO) is a completely different build quality than any other GM. THey actually used quality material in that car.

Same goes for Cosworth.

I miss the Merkur XR4Ti
justblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
sap

Car 1: 92 LS Sedan AT
Car 2: 93 L Coupe 6MT :(
Car 3: 86 Camaro IROC Z

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sap
I'm not sure what the price on these would end up being, but I can't imagine it not selling well . This is exactly the type of car kids who want fast cars are buying.

I disagree about it looking better than the Evo or STi though, I think the Evo is the best looking of the bunch personally .

Visit the Legend Wiki
sap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
I disagree about it looking better than the Evo or STi though, I think the Evo is the best looking of the bunch personally .
I'm a 2 door hatch kinda person, so the EVO is already axed on my list *lol*
Old 05-29-09, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

idk..but it does look good..
i would really consider buying one of these..
but...i also like the STi and the EVO..
so..
i would be in a tight spot if i was to choose between them lol
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 92/95Legends, 88/89 CRXs
Car 2: 91 civic, 90 Integra
Car 3: 71T-bird, 95Explorer

hehe I can think of like 50 other reasons to hate FORD, first and foremost would be the wiring. The focus is actually a pretty solid little car, BUT if you TAP anything it will total the car. I saw a BRAND NEW focus tap a bumper at 5mph and all the airbags deployed and that was enough to total the car. One of the things I love about the Legend, Damn near impossible to trigger the air bags from a collision.

Also, 77, almost the whole time i was in solitare i kept thinking about your avatar and hoping that either V or Natalie would show up!

My Low Buck Non-Legend Builds
91 Civic Sedan (1.5 A/T -> 1.6vtec 5 spd)
90 DA Teg
89 Boosted CRX!
reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Renaissance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboticon View Post
hehe I can think of like 50 other reasons to hate FORD, first and foremost would be the wiring. The focus is actually a pretty solid little car, BUT if you TAP anything it will total the car. I saw a BRAND NEW focus tap a bumper at 5mph and all the airbags deployed and that was enough to total the car. One of the things I love about the Legend, Damn near impossible to trigger the air bags from a collision.

Also, 77, almost the whole time i was in solitare i kept thinking about your avatar and hoping that either V or Natalie would show up!
I'm touched, glad I could be a source of inspiration in your trying time.
Old 05-29-09, 02:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
I swag it out...

Car 1: 95 Legend LS
Car 2: 5G Accord i/h/e

Send a message via AIM to jigga225
man that's so backwards.
A company sending the hott models out to foreign land rather than keeping it local.

Jigga Stella Blackend - Dallas '08
jigga225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
what!

Car 1: 95 LS Coupe 6 spd
Car 2: 02 TT225 Quattro 6sp
Car 3: 94 L Cpe 6spd - sold

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to kotetu Send a message via AIM to kotetu Send a message via MSN to kotetu Send a message via Yahoo to kotetu
Quote:
Originally Posted by reboticon View Post

I hope you mean a low speed collision?

I'd love to see this Focus RS brought over here. They are wrong about the market, if they truly think that. Another car that I would love to see over here is the Fiesta Econetic (65mpg diesel).

In fact I think their US passenger car line should just be Mustang, Focus RS, Fiesta Econetic, Fusion Hybrid. Just 4 models, 2 for performance and 2 for economy. Then they could offer 3 trucks, (Ranger, F150, and F250), 1 or 2 SUVs, (the Explorer and maybe the Expidition), and 1 van and that would cut their lineup in half, down to just their best offerings.
kotetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 04:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Canadian Blk/Blk LS Coupe
Car 2: 1990 Honda Accord LX
Car 3: 1995 White KA7- SOLD

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Thats a cool little car. I would definitely buy one. The front kinda reminds me of the Evo. Ford is stupid for not bringing it here. Their dumb decisions are going put them in the same boat as GM and Chyrsler.

1995 Canadian Black on Black LS Coupe
3.5 swap|SR5Guy Stage 3 Chip|12K HIDs|Cathode Trunk Mod|Custom Projector Fogs|OBX Shift Knob|SRI|NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
ACK N UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 05:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car 1: 92/95Legends, 88/89 CRXs
Car 2: 91 civic, 90 Integra
Car 3: 71T-bird, 95Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
I hope you mean a low speed collision?

I'd love to see this Focus RS brought over here. They are wrong about the market, if they truly think that. Another car that I would love to see over here is the Fiesta Econetic (65mpg diesel).

In fact I think their US passenger car line should just be Mustang, Focus RS, Fiesta Econetic, Fusion Hybrid. Just 4 models, 2 for performance and 2 for economy. Then they could offer 3 trucks, (Ranger, F150, and F250), 1 or 2 SUVs, (the Explorer and maybe the Expidition), and 1 van and that would cut their lineup in half, down to just their best offerings.
Actually i didnt mean low speed i meant in my g2 experience even 30-40mph front collisions dont trigger those things! Also never seen anyone hurt in a Legend when the bag didn't go off at that high of speed. Usually when i see people hurt in accidents, its the air bag, unless its a not wearing your seatbelt/tboned accident. So i think the sensors are just perfect!

I thought the reason we don't get a lot of the cool diesels is because our grade of diesel is such crap compared to what they have in europe?

My Low Buck Non-Legend Builds
91 Civic Sedan (1.5 A/T -> 1.6vtec 5 spd)
90 DA Teg
89 Boosted CRX!
reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 06:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
has left.

Car 1: 98.5 BMW M3 Coupe 5MT
Car 2: 95 L Sedan
Car 3: 95 6MT Coupe (Dad's)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
The homogenization usually isn't the real issue.

Europeans are used to forking over pretty serious money even for small cars. Here in America, that just doesn't fly. The Mini being the exception to the rule and you can't deny, it's expensive for a diminutive vehicle.

The problem is that Ford just doesn't think it'll sell and it's proven true time and time again in this market for many manufacturers.

It seems like a damn fine vehicle... I too agree it's a pity that it's not stateside but even if it were, I too would probably scoff at a $30k+ price tag for a small Ford...

ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | BOSTON ACOUSTICS
antik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge