Is it worth it to get a Tire replacement Plan? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about news, life, etc!!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-02, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Is it worth it to get a Tire replacement Plan?

I am getting some new tires. and want to know if its worth it getting the tire replacement plan for 9.95 per tire.. The plan is from "just tires" and it covers free flat repair and free replacement of tire if unfixable. Its about 325 total so about 80per tire w/o the plan. is it worth the extra 40 to get it???

Thanks in advance.
Mike
Mikeb120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-02, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 LS Coupe, 6 Speed

Re: Is it worth it to get a Tire replacement Plan?

Quote:
Originally posted by MarriedMikeb120
I am getting some new tires. and want to know if its worth it getting the tire replacement plan for 9.95 per tire.. The plan is from "just tires" and it covers free flat repair and free replacement of tire if unfixable. Its about 325 total so about 80per tire w/o the plan. is it worth the extra 40 to get it???

Thanks in advance.
Mike
I dunno.... most tires places will offer free rotation every 10000km and free flat repair w/ the purchase of tires. If the tire is unfixable then it should be under warranty.... sounds like kind of a scam to get another $40 out of you. If you are spending that much on tires you should be confident that they will not fail..... it is a very important part of the vehicle (if not the most important)
Mckenzie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
L4K3R5 F4N

Car 1: 91 auto LS sedan, 94 6 spd LS coupe

But a warranty won't cover all instances, for example if you get a puncture in the sidewall or towards the edge of the tread. In this case the tire becomes unfixable. Personally, I don't think it's a scam. It will more than pay for itself after one time if you ever have to replace a tire. On the other hand, I don't think it's entirely essential and wouldn't lose any sleep if I didn't get the protection plan.
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Train
But a warranty won't cover all instances, for example if you get a puncture in the sidewall or towards the edge of the tread. In this case the tire becomes unfixable. .
According to Just Tires if the tire is unfixable then they will replace the tire free of charge..

http://www.justtires.com/services/re...ntInclude.html

this alone would make it worth it...but i ain't trying to loose sleep over it...
Old 11-05-02, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
L4K3R5 F4N

Car 1: 91 auto LS sedan, 94 6 spd LS coupe

I was actually refering to the tire manufacturer's warranty that covers X number of miles. A puncture or other similar unfixable incident wouldn't be covered under the tire's warranty. In this case, the replacement plan would be a benefit as you would get to replace that tire for free when you would normally have to shell out the $$$ for a new tire otherwise.

I would try to see what all the terms of the plan are, i.e., I'm sure it doesn't cover normal wear and tear, but does it include vandalism?
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

No. Insurance covers vandals.

I know cause my brother claimed it before from the action of local punks.

But then I don't think he has any deduct.
95gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

They said it doesn't cover vandelism......but then what tire replacement plan would....
Old 11-05-02, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
*r**h *eller

Car 1: 07 TSX
Car 2: 08 Odyssey
Car 3: The roller skate

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dave C ver2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Dave C ver2.0
At $10 a tire it may be worth it, but consider my experience. Had a new set of Michlins on the Legend and went on a trip to N.E. Hit a big chunk of metal on I-95 in Conn at 4:30 in the morning, 3" gash through the side wall. Place where I bought the tires does not have outlets in N.E. so I had to buy a tire anyways and they didn't have a match for the Mich so I just bought the cheapest. I did not have a replacement plan but the car was full of luggage and wedding presents so I couldn't carry the ruined tire back for inspection even if I had a plan to cover it.

In 36 years of driving this was the only time I had an unfixable tire.
Old 11-05-02, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Also depends on tire size. With my 35 series it was a god send. 45 series and up you MAY be wasting money
B-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Off Topic > The Lounge