'91 Legend - Work in Progress - As Requested.... - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery

All-Legend and RL Gallery Post pics of your Legend or RL here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-06, 11:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I/m new here and I dont know too much about legends, but i didnt know legends came w/ digital climate control and cloth seats;in the same car! Or is that not dig. cilm. control?Damn that, i'd rather turn that not knob,than settle for cloth seats
brian pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-06, 11:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdreams
Huh? How do you figure? Where do you get your numbers? I'm sorry but I've seen some stupid people, you must top them all. They average 5k to 6k with a good body. It has a clean Autocheck and carfax also.
Yeah right. Have you checked Legend resale prices lately, besides in your local classifieds?

Look, you have a Legend with an extremely dirty, nasty interior, *CLOTH*, and exterior damage.

So you would need to replace your carpet, and all seating. And it's a smokers car which also lowers retail value.

There are plenty of Legends which run perfectly fine in FAR better condition than the one you bought inside and out which sell for between 3-4000.

You would have been much better off simply spending four grand on a car in great shape, rather than buying a nasty beater for 2.

I have seen Legends in better shape than yours go for under a thousand dollars. Yours is one of the worst I have seen, that would not fetch more than $350-500 here on the East Coast.

Just recently someone picked up an immaculate late model with 70k on it for around $4000. And yes, it ran! and the transmission shifted!

Well, I should stop arguing with you and try to be helpful. Why would you put a new hood on that? You can get one from a junkyard probably in good shape and have it painted and not spend $600 for it. You can get new carpet from one of the sellers off of eBay that sell the acc-mats carpet for around $130. Car-part.com for the seats. And so on.. I suppose it wouldnt be that bad if you ripped out the entire interior, deep cleaned it, replaced the carpet, reinstalled it, and stopped smoking in the car. There are a bunch of Type F parts on eBay right now, I believe an armrest/console in leather was on there yesterday, if it has not sold yet, that would be a worthwhile purchase.

How many miles? Do you know when the timing belt/water pump was last done?

And for my last comment, here is my dirty interior:

And yes, my car is in perfect mechanical shape and great shape inside and out. And it's worth about, oh, $3500 here? I guess I should sell my car where you live.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 11:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian pumper
I/m new here and I dont know too much about legends, but i didnt know legends came w/ digital climate control and cloth seats;in the same car! Or is that not dig. cilm. control?Damn that, i'd rather turn that not knob,than settle for cloth seats
It didn't. As far as I know. The cloth seats were mostly likely swapped in, someone took the leather ones out because they were worth something. Notice he has leather door inserts, at least in the back.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-06, 11:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
I like shiny
Breakout Champion

Car 1: 91 LS Coupe (GONE)
Car 2: Current-02 Corvette
Car 3: 94 LS Coupe (Bro's)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Fix it.

Clean it. (A lot)

Take new pics.

91LSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 12:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Making Legends Rare.....

Car 1: 1995 Legend GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnach
It didn't. As far as I know. The cloth seats were mostly likely swapped in, someone took the leather ones out because they were worth something. Notice he has leather door inserts, at least in the back.
Factory check of the VIN by the dealer showed cloth seats front and back actually. It was ordered that way. I didn't know it was available on an LS either.
gsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 12:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Making Legends Rare.....

Quote:
Yeah right. Have you checked Legend resale prices lately, besides in your local classifieds?

Look, you have a Legend with an extremely dirty, nasty interior, *CLOTH*, and exterior damage.

So you would need to replace your carpet, and all seating. And it's a smokers car which also lowers retail value.

There are plenty of Legends which run perfectly fine in FAR better condition than the one you bought inside and out which sell for between 3-4000.

You would have been much better off simply spending four grand on a car in great shape, rather than buying a nasty beater for 2.

I have seen Legends in better shape than yours go for under a thousand dollars. Yours is one of the worst I have seen, that would not fetch more than $350-500 here on the East Coast.

Just recently someone picked up an immaculate late model with 70k on it for around $4000. And yes, it ran! and the transmission shifted!

Well, I should stop arguing with you and try to be helpful. Why would you put a new hood on that? You can get one from a junkyard probably in good shape and have it painted and not spend $600 for it. You can get new carpet from one of the sellers off of eBay that sell the acc-mats carpet for around $130. Car-part.com for the seats. And so on.. I suppose it wouldnt be that bad if you ripped out the entire interior, deep cleaned it, replaced the carpet, reinstalled it, and stopped smoking in the car. There are a bunch of Type F parts on eBay right now, I believe an armrest/console in leather was on there yesterday, if it has not sold yet, that would be a worthwhile purchase.

How many miles? Do you know when the timing belt/water pump was last done?

And for my last comment, here is my dirty interior:

And yes, my car is in perfect mechanical shape and great shape inside and out. And it's worth about, oh, $3500 here? I guess I should sell my car where you live.
Feel free to. Also check Autotrader.com, ebaymotors, americanclassifieds.com or any other site and look within 300 miles of zip code 83642 and see what you find for a '91 to '95 Acura Legend.
Old 05-21-06, 12:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ken
Heli Attack 2 Champion

Car 1: 94 6-speed - RIP

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ken
Those seats look like base model seats rewrapped specially because its half leather and half cloth. but the car looks terrible cosmetically, should clean up pretty well eventually though
Old 05-21-06, 12:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Stock Is Best
7up Pinball Champion, Grid Game Champion

Car 1: Bastard People

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mastervtec
Quote:
Factory check of the VIN by the dealer showed cloth seats front and back actually. It was ordered that way. I didn't know it was available on an LS either.

Impossible. You could not get an LS without Leather, period. The vin does not decode leather or cloth, it only decodes trim levels (L, LS, Base ect.).

"I like your cane." <<< >>> LMAO. You had to be there.
CLICK!!>>> Newbie FAQ...Read It!! <<< CLICK!!
My Coupe - Sold
My New Coupe
Mastervtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 01:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

Send a message via AIM to B+O
Quote:

man yea i thought i was tripping. Im glad you pointed out the rear door inserts. I know for sure that no LS was sold with Cloth. it looks like they were re wrapped because 1, the map pocket is missing, and the cloth interiors were all cloth.

EDIT:

it was either custom wrapped by the dealer or by the owner shortly after the car was bought. but cloth wasn't an option sanctioned by Honda/Acura America for the Acura Legend LS.

Ken you're right, they are Base seats.

there's no seperated head rests in the back

second edit:

Oh MAN PLEASE tell me the previous owner didn't really cut the door...

OMG THEY DID!!!

Last edited by B+O; 05-21-06 at 01:21 AM.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 01:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

and dude...1900...

I dont normally smack people around, but you're pretty adament...
i'll tell you...

I paid 1500 for mine.

i think you got took... i wouldn't pay more than 1000 for that....even though it's incredibly rare, the condition it's in is pretty sad. with some restoration and you stop smokin in the car you could actually have a jewel on your hands...

golden glow was a low volume color and seeing as how it was mostly used on L and base level legends, you've got an LS (or atleast an L with the air bag) and golden glow...that's pretty rare combination...

That said, i still wouldn't pay 1900 for it.
Old 05-21-06, 01:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Oh, i see that you said that it's in perfect mechanical condition.

That said, please understand body panels for this car are NOT cheap. a hood from the dealer is 1200 dollars. and aftermarket hoods steadily go for 5-800 dollars. plus paint.

Seats aren't inexpensive either and if you can FIND door panels, and replacement leather inserts for the doorpanels, you're going to spend a VERY pretty penny.

and the dash board....i have a receipt from the dealer...

$895.87

I can honestly say that if you got that looking half way decent you'd have spent roughly 2800-3700 dollars.

EDIT:

im not tryign to discourage you or make you think you paid too much...you've got a rare one on your hands, but it's not better to find a car in great mechanical condition with a terrible look. Both mechanical and cosmetic pieces of this car are expensive.
Old 05-21-06, 02:55 AM   #27 (permalink)

Car 1: White 91 KA8 5spd W/3.5, TII Cams & Manifold
Car 2: White 91 KA8 JDM TII

iTrader Score: 45 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Telion Send a message via MSN to Telion Send a message via Yahoo to Telion
On the positive side welcome to the forum you are in the right place though it may not seem like it now, but as you get in to some of these repairs and post your progress and success many will be proud of your achievements. personally I give you props for
1. standing your ground
2. taking on such a task
(provided you do so you will bring another Legend from the deadand a Legend it will be!)
3.5 TwinTurbo,TII springs & manifold,Telion Chip, HID's, D2 coilovers,Addco bars,TII calipers,RH C2's,R.J. shifter, 3"exhaust, hiflow cat,StageIII clutch,S&D rotors,KVR pads,Blackend damper,CF hood,AFC NEO,AEM FIC,Aluminum pulley,C&R Racing radiator,Garrett T3/T4 Turbos,Tial wastegates,Topfuel BOV,Fujita filters & Prosport guages. Pretty damn fast and far from done.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 03:33 AM   #28 (permalink)
AKA Carlton I3anks

Car 1: "92 Acura Legend L Grey/Black
Car 2: 91LS Sedan 3.5'd!

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91LS 3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to 91LS 3.5
damn i paid $1500 for mine with no radio, excellent seats needs new carpet though, runs excellent but needs alil body work, and dude its 150x better than that thing, looks like it can only be a good parts car if you ask me, but then again thats just my opinion....
Old 05-21-06, 10:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
Making Legends Rare.....

I've already figured out I have no reason to return here now unfortunately. People are basing off what they can get in there area and most of these people are thousands of miles from me.

FYI a new OEM hood is $600.00. The cost to paint a factory hood is $150.00 to $175.00. A used hood is $300.00 and the cost to paint that hood is $350 to $400 due to the fact the previous paint has to be removed.

I also get a discount at the dealer so the hood is only going to cost me around $450.00 and the Bumper around $150.00 then $350.00 to paint both.

As for panels, only one side was cut and I already have a replacement. It was $5.00 at a local junkyard and it's the appropriate color to match.

And as for seats when looking up the information the dealer found that it came with the velour seats. Where they found that information, considering they didn't have nor had seen the car yet, I don't know.
Old 05-21-06, 10:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I've already figured out I have no reason to return here now unfortunately. People are basing off what they can get in there area and most of these people are thousands of miles from me.

FYI a new OEM hood is $600.00. The cost to paint a factory hood is $150.00 to $175.00. A used hood is $300.00 and the cost to paint that hood is $350 to $400 due to the fact the previous paint has to be removed.

I also get a discount at the dealer so the hood is only going to cost me around $450.00 and the Bumper around $150.00 then $350.00 to paint both.

As for panels, only one side was cut and I already have a replacement. It was $5.00 at a local junkyard and it's the appropriate color to match.

And as for seats when looking up the information the dealer found that it came with the velour seats. Where they found that information, considering they didn't have nor had seen the car yet, I don't know.
Dude, don't listen too some of them. They like calling people names cause it makes them feel big and bag. These are prolly the same people that beat the shit out of smaller kids in HS. Oh wait, most of our members are still in or just out of HS. I do agree on one thing tho, you did pay too much. But hey, I don't know what car sell for where you are at so I won't judge it.

That thing is in some rough shape. But as you said it get a A+ on Mechanics. So with a little TLC and some parts you should be good to roll.

Don't leave the forum because of a few assholes. Stick around, we have some great resources.

Later!
Lenny
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery