'91 Legend - Work in Progress - As Requested.... - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery

All-Legend and RL Gallery Post pics of your Legend or RL here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-06, 11:09 AM   #31 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
..timing belt, water pump, how many miles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_L
They like calling people names cause it makes them feel big and bag. These are prolly the same people that beat the shit out of smaller kids in HS.
Gee, I forgot that the first post in this thread was you saying "Dude the previous owner wrecked that thing." We've all been stating our opinion here, no need to start acting better than anyone else eh?
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-06, 11:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnach
..timing belt, water pump, how many miles?

Gee, I forgot that the first post in this thread was you saying "Dude the previous owner wrecked that thing." We've all been stating our opinion here, no need to start acting better than anyone else eh?
Yeah, but I didn't call names n shit like someone did above! I just stated what I thought about the car. I didn't put him down at all. I stated what he already know, It needs work!
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 11:25 AM   #33 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Just to butt in for a second, I will say that the price of legends fluctuates a lot around the country....when I bought mine 6 months ago, you could not find one with low-ish mileage (under 120k) for less than 7k dollars if it was in good shape. In the classified, I still keep seeing one with a wrecked front for 2500 bucks. Not that those are good deals, but that is what we have around here to choose from....and I still ended up driving 100+ miles to get my baby.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-06, 01:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Twilight LS sedan
Car 2: 1992 Rosewood JDM'd
Car 3: 1986 Porsche 944

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Legendary91
I bought a 91LModel legend with 170,000 miles with a BHG. I paid 1800 for it got the engine rebuilt, new radiator, new thermostat, and cleaned it up and a friend traded me a mint black 96 Grand Cherokee 4x4. Now im gonna sell that and make some more money.
If you know what you are doing, then 1900 wasn't a bad deal.
Someone would be dumb as hell to sell that Legend for $1000 or less, just because you could easily sell it for parts and make $2000 or more.(im sure someone can't wait to disagree as always) Some people luck out sometimes and get $700 deals, but for those that can't get that kind of deal, we just have to work with what we get. My first Legend(my 91LS) it needed some work when I got her. Ive done so much to her that I appreciate her more than my 94GS.
If you even said someone gave you this car, there is always gonna be those people to say someone should of paid you 250 to take it, and you got ripped. Its those kinds of people that don't want to be proved wrong and are always right that we just have to ignore.
Legendary91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 02:19 PM   #35 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary91
paid you 250 to take it, and you got ripped. Its those kinds of people that don't want to be proved wrong and are always right that we just have to ignore.
I agree!
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 02:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ken
Heli Attack 2 Champion

Car 1: 94 6-speed - RIP

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ken
I just noticed that the door inserts in the rear are wrappped differently from the front, the dealer probably did a half-assed job on installing the leather on BASE MODEL seats. Dealers are mostly the ones who ruin the cars.
Old 05-21-06, 02:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

Send a message via AIM to B+O
Quote:
I bought a 91LModel legend with 170,000 miles with a BHG. I paid 1800 for it got the engine rebuilt, new radiator, new thermostat, and cleaned it up and a friend traded me a mint black 96 Grand Cherokee 4x4. Now im gonna sell that and make some more money.
If you know what you are doing, then 1900 wasn't a bad deal.
Someone would be dumb as hell to sell that Legend for $1000 or less, just because you could easily sell it for parts and make $2000 or more.(im sure someone can't wait to disagree as always) Some people luck out sometimes and get $700 deals, but for those that can't get that kind of deal, we just have to work with what we get. My first Legend(my 91LS) it needed some work when I got her. Ive done so much to her that I appreciate her more than my 94GS.
If you even said someone gave you this car, there is always gonna be those people to say someone should of paid you 250 to take it, and you got ripped. Its those kinds of people that don't want to be proved wrong and are always right that we just have to ignore.
if he got it for free he would have been a lucky someone. we have members who cant get one. and there were some people who flip flop when someone opposes what they say, but i still stand behind the fact that, that car is in trouble. if you can build it back up, more power to you. but you've got a lot of work to put into it, and i honestly would not have paid 1900 for it. i waited and looked for 3-4 years for the car i have. You can find a great car if you hold off.

Sure it's rare, and you feel like 1900 was well spent...im glad you think so, but dont force it down our throats if you feel like it was worth it. many people think it was a little high for the condition it was in. I am one of those people.

Maybe the pics make it look worse than it really is. That said, it's missing pieces and other pieces are irreparably damaged. if you feel that was worth the 1900 im glad that you feel that way.

No body wants to hear they overpaid for something and it's especially hard to hear when you really like what you bought. If you like it and feel like it's worth the money you paid, then it's worth it. dont take what we say to heart if you like it.

you sure did get a fixer upper, and if you're willing to take on the task of fixing it up, good luck.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 02:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Quote:
Don't leave the forum because of a few assholes.
Quote:
Yeah, but I didn't call names n shit like someone did above!
hmmmmm?
Old 05-21-06, 04:17 PM   #39 (permalink)

I just think its sorry as hell for people that claim to have love for legends are going to pick out shit and harass the owners about it. Thats not love for the legends, thats making yourself feel better. Did you forget this is a Legend forum? Its not about what it looks like or what you pay for it, its what your dreams are and what your going to do with it. Bang&Olufsen says he paid $1500 for his legend. You want a cookie now? You obviously got a good deal on a nice looking legend. If I said your legend is a piece of shit and the carpet has a stain on it, you obviously got ripped, would that encourage you about it? Would you like to stay to hear more from your fellow Legend owners? Remember, lots of people's legends were pretty shitty when they first got them and look at them now. Lee told me before that I think its Mike Diaz(?) legend was in really bad shape when he found her. Everyone would dream to own her now. Lets help him out and get it looking good again.
Old 05-21-06, 04:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Quote:
I just think its sorry as hell for people that claim to have love for legends are going to pick out shit and harass the owners about it. Thats not love for the legends, thats making yourself feel better. Did you forget this is a Legend forum? Its not about what it looks like or what you pay for it, its what your dreams are and what your going to do with it. Bang&Olufsen says he paid $1500 for his legend. You want a cookie now? You obviously got a good deal on a nice looking legend. If I said your legend is a piece of shit and the carpet has a stain on it, you obviously got ripped, would that encourage you about it? Would you like to stay to hear more from your fellow Legend owners? Remember, lots of people's legends were pretty shitty when they first got them and look at them now. Lee told me before that I think its Mike Diaz(?) legend was in really bad shape when he found her. Everyone would dream to own her now. Lets help him out and get it looking good again.

well since you put my name in it i'm going to address you directly.

Matter of factly, no i dont want a cookie. I want you to come off yourself. I told dude he has a rare legend that could be a nice car if he works on it. And i'm encouraging him to work on it. Read my posts again and try to decipher them this time.

I hadn't once put HIM down. please, check yourself and your facts. I'll be the first to admit my car is some garbage. hell yea my carpet has a stain on it...and no that brown triangle isn't a stain, it's the grain of the carpet being vacuumed. I know my car is a 15 y/o bucket, but i love it. And i intend on fixing it up. did i get ripped? Some may say yes, some may say no. Just like some think he got ripped and some think he didn't. It's all perspective.

In MY perspective i wouldn't pay more than what i paid for MY car for that. Sorry to disillusion you to thinking I'm chanting my car as a champion of Grade A legend example. Stop your advances on me because you seriously got me messed up in my posts.

like i said before, reread what i said and find where i put HIM down, or where i discouraged him from fixing his car up.

Do that and then come back to me with a complaint.
Old 05-21-06, 04:34 PM   #41 (permalink)

Sorry for putting your name in this. I did misread this. We do need to get this guy to come back though.
Old 05-21-06, 04:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Stock Is Best
7up Pinball Champion, Grid Game Champion

Car 1: Bastard People

Send a message via AIM to Mastervtec
Quote:
Sorry for putting your name in this. I did misread this. We do need to get this guy to come back though.

No we don't. The guy is a pure jackass.

Velour

"I like your cane." <<< >>> LMAO. You had to be there.
CLICK!!>>> Newbie FAQ...Read It!! <<< CLICK!!
My Coupe - Sold
My New Coupe
Mastervtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 05:01 PM   #43 (permalink)

What makes you say that?
Old 05-21-06, 05:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
Stock Is Best
7up Pinball Champion, Grid Game Champion

Car 1: Bastard People

Send a message via AIM to Mastervtec
Quote:
What makes you say that?
He has had quite the attitude since he first came here. I was just trying to help him out a bit and he went ape crazy on me and another member (untold Legend). This brought me to the conclusion that his kind is not needed around here.

https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=83119

https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=83287

"I like your cane." <<< >>> LMAO. You had to be there.
CLICK!!>>> Newbie FAQ...Read It!! <<< CLICK!!
My Coupe - Sold
My New Coupe
Mastervtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 05:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Illegally Legal

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Bottom line, that car is NOT worth $1900. If he really wanted that car, could have talked them down under 1K or $500 if he had to have it.

He can talk all he wants about how he doesn't really care about it cosmetically for now but that doesn't necessarily mean that it was money well spent.

But props to him if he wants to rebuild it back up, better than having it sit at a junkyard or parted out.
MidgetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery