'91 Legend - Work in Progress - As Requested.... - Page 5 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery

All-Legend and RL Gallery Post pics of your Legend or RL here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-06, 09:09 AM   #61 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura Legend GS '94

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
holly crap! the interior is awful! clean that thing up....
Advertisement

Old 05-24-06, 10:41 AM   #62 (permalink)
AKA Carlton I3anks

Car 1: "92 Acura Legend L Grey/Black
Car 2: 91LS Sedan 3.5'd!

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91LS 3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to 91LS 3.5
I bet that interior must smell pretty bad...
Old 05-25-06, 10:17 AM   #63 (permalink)
Making Legends Rare.....

Car 1: 1995 Legend GS

I haven't had a chance to get pictures of the engine compartment yet and won't till Tomorrow afternoon or Saturday as it's headed to the dealer this morning for recall/AC work and a new issue.

The interior, unless you don't smoke, doesn't smell bad at all.

Both myself and my girlfriend smoke. We do not smoke in our house, but our car is our one escape path where we can smoke. When we do eventually quit (we haven't decided when) I will have the entire interior professionally cleaned, although this will be after I completely fix all of it.

As for the woodgrain on the steering well, that is a cover and the wood grain matches the rest of the wood grain in the car which is why I choose it. It actually looks good.

I need to retake pictures as we added walmart seat covers. Although they don't fit perfect they definitely help.

And yes, it is a project, but I have been looking for a new legend, preferably a G2, since I let my '87 go due to the transmission going a second time. Long story short it was replaced with a rebuild by the same company most Dealers use (independent mechanic) with a 12,000 mile warranty and at 11,500 it started to go. I was out of town and couldn't get back into town until it was at 12,250. At this point they said they would only cover the transmission and "ALL LABOR" was to be paid by me. I pretty much blew up over that and gave up. I was not going to put another transmission in only to be paying for labor again at another 12,000 miles.

I've been watching Legend prices within 300 miles for over 3 years and actively seeking a Legend for the last 4 months.

Unfortunately the northwest isn't as well priced as the east coast appears to be.

Here a blown transmission G1 Legend will seriously retail for $600 to $1000. Finding one in good drivetrain mechanical condition will easily top $1,500, and in perfect condition you are talking $6,000.

For those who can travel over 300 miles and live in the Northwest seems your best bet is to look on the east coast.
gsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-06, 10:43 AM   #64 (permalink)
Illegally Legal

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I know this is probably a bit of a drive, but Seattle and Portland has a good selection of G2 Legends. I browse their craigslist all the time and they have good deals.

But like I said, probably a bit out of your way but honestly, it would have been worth it. Mapquest says it is 504 miles, so not too far of a stretch.
MidgetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 11:07 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdreams
Although they don't fit perfect they definitely help.

Oh dear, he cracked a freakin' smile!

Honestly, the car does look like crap. It's unfortunate it was not taken care of. I do not think you should have paid what you did for it, though my car cost me about $5300 even with tax, tags, title, etc. My car is also in near "Excellent" stock condition.

I wish you the best in terms of cleaning it up and bringing it back to near mint.

While you clean up your car, you should work on your attitude as well. If you're feeling guilty about something, that's no reason to express it here.
Untold Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 11:45 AM   #66 (permalink)
Stock Is Best
7up Pinball Champion, Grid Game Champion

Car 1: Bastard People

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mastervtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdreams

Here a blown transmission G1 Legend will seriously retail for $600 to $1000. Finding one in good drivetrain mechanical condition will easily top $1,500, and in perfect condition you are talking $6,000.
Bought for $1100 three weeks ago. Not an ounce of rust, transmission is fine.

Guess I'll consider myslef lucky. Since it's in good condition, mechanical/costmetic, I should have no problem getting $2800 for it eh?

"I like your cane." <<< >>> LMAO. You had to be there.
CLICK!!>>> Newbie FAQ...Read It!! <<< CLICK!!
My Coupe - Sold
My New Coupe
Mastervtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 12:15 PM   #67 (permalink)
Illegally Legal

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastervtec
Bought for $1100 three weeks ago. Not an ounce of rust, transmission is fine.

Guess I'll consider myslef lucky. Since it's in good condition, mechanical/costmetic, I should have no problem getting $2800 for it eh?
Drive it up to Boise and sell it for $6000
MidgetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 12:30 PM   #68 (permalink)

I just think how an owner takes care of a car cosmetically reflects on how it was taken car of otherwise. How many owners let a car go to shit but do every maintenence required under the hood? Not many..
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 01:21 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnach
I just think how an owner takes care of a car cosmetically reflects on how it was taken car of otherwise. How many owners let a car go to shit but do every maintenence required under the hood? Not many..
1 Hot Legend L!
Old 05-25-06, 03:17 PM   #70 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 LS Coupe
Car 2: 95 LS Coupe n/run
Car 3: Previous 89' L Coupe

Don't fret gsdreams. If your happy with your purchase and decision that's all that counts. What people don't remember is that depending on what area you live in depends on the price (what is in high demand Hondas or fords, you know). Also with a little work I think you could get it looking good. Remember that you can get the leathers from ebay for about $600. What people also have to remember is that not everyone is in the same economic range and just because mommy and daddy helps you, it doesn't mean that everyone has the same help. Some people have responsibilities and can't afford what others do and some might be pressed to but a car and it was all they could afford at the time. There are many more reasons why some of what other are saying is wrong. Even if gsdreams made a poor decision, hey it's his decision, let him live with it and learn. Instead of poking fun at him, help him let him know where he can possibly get a deal on some of what he might be looking for. I come to this forum not only asking for help, but trying to help others. If you look at my track record (not sure if it can be done) you'll see that I've posted more trying to help others than asking for help. If this type of shit keeps on happening I will make a list of the assholes poking fun and when something happens to their car, then the tables will turn and I will give them a taste of their own medicine. Respect other and treat others as they deserve. Don't want to make it sound like I'm preaching cause I play around sometimes, but I let people know.
manxdr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 04:24 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxdr21
Don't fret gsdreams. If your happy with your purchase and decision that's all that counts. What people don't remember is that depending on what area you live in depends on the price (what is in high demand Hondas or fords, you know). Also with a little work I think you could get it looking good. Remember that you can get the leathers from ebay for about $600. What people also have to remember is that not everyone is in the same economic range and just because mommy and daddy helps you, it doesn't mean that everyone has the same help. Some people have responsibilities and can't afford what others do and some might be pressed to but a car and it was all they could afford at the time. There are many more reasons why some of what other are saying is wrong. Even if gsdreams made a poor decision, hey it's his decision, let him live with it and learn. Instead of poking fun at him, help him let him know where he can possibly get a deal on some of what he might be looking for. I come to this forum not only asking for help, but trying to help others. If you look at my track record (not sure if it can be done) you'll see that I've posted more trying to help others than asking for help. If this type of shit keeps on happening I will make a list of the assholes poking fun and when something happens to their car, then the tables will turn and I will give them a taste of their own medicine. Respect other and treat others as they deserve. Don't want to make it sound like I'm preaching cause I play around sometimes, but I let people know.
Blah blah blah.

If he was not so rude in the first place, it would make it a bit easier for people to be sympathetic to his decision. I know I find it easier to be kind when kindness is given. I find it very difficult to be kind when someone is rude and obnoxious and trying to tear me a new a** hole.
Old 05-25-06, 05:03 PM   #72 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untold Legend
Blah blah blah.

If he was not so rude in the first place, it would make it a bit easier for people to be sympathetic to his decision. I know I find it easier to be kind when kindness is given. I find it very difficult to be kind when someone is rude and obnoxious and trying to tear me a new a** hole.

you put your foot in everyone's ass, no?
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-06, 08:35 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang&Olufsen DK
you put your foot in everyone's ass, no?
I only put my foot in asses that cross me. You saw how I got reamed by this dude?
Old 05-26-06, 11:22 AM   #74 (permalink)
Making Legends Rare.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untold Legend
I only put my foot in asses that cross me. You saw how I got reamed by this dude?
Before you go on about how others are being rude read others post.

I got reamed for buying a car that fit the amount I was prepared to spend, ran good (most important aspect for me), and was within the distance I was able to travel to pickup the car.

No one said "it will take some work but could be a nice car" instead I got "You bought a POS and paid two to three times more than you should have".

Before going on about someone elses attitude take a look at the attitude of others.

I may have reacted badly to it, won't disagree with that, but I don't take well to people suddenly beating me down and a purchase down that fit all aspects of what I was looking for.
Old 05-26-06, 11:23 AM   #75 (permalink)
Making Legends Rare.....

Oh, and I will have the Acura back this afternoon so will get engine compartment pictures today or tomorrow and post them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery