JDM TAILLIGHTS MODIFIED RED/CLEAR/RED INSTALLED - PICS! (no 56k) G2 Sedan - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery

All-Legend and RL Gallery Post pics of your Legend or RL here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-07, 04:32 PM   #31 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda Accord Coupe 92
Car 2: Mitsubishi Eclipse95
Car 3: Acura legend coupe

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
i like those tail lights but they make the legend sedam look more like the vigor in my opinion... and the coupe look more like a TL..... but those coupe ones i would definetly tryout.

H3 bulb. $6
legend coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-07, 11:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Flash Poker Champion, Fucking Killer Champion

Car 1: 1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend coupe View Post
i like those tail lights but they make the legend sedam look more like the vigor in my opinion... and the coupe look more like a TL..... but those coupe ones i would definetly tryout.

thanks, I disagree but can see how you you could see the similarities.

VIGOR:

I am loving these things.
Blingting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 04:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Mike, Mike, Mike....How much were these again? heh-heh

They DO look good. If you are still having problems, can you switch out the wiring harness like on a coupe? That worked for me, should work for you too.

Thank God my Legend is black, so I don't need these....whew, close one!
SickRick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-07, 08:06 AM   #34 (permalink)

Cool too cool for school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
Mike, Mike, Mike....How much were these again? heh-heh

They DO look good. If you are still having problems, can you switch out the wiring harness like on a coupe? That worked for me, should work for you too.

Thank God my Legend is black, so I don't need these....whew, close one!

Thank ya Rick, I just gotta put the amber bulbs in there before I get pulled over. I found out as long as I get a receipt of some sort for these tails, they will then be fully covered by All-State so I gotta get on it soon.

For now, I'm cool with the brake lamp indicator light being on in my gauge cluster, it doesn't really bother me.

Hit me up on my cell, we got plans today my friend.
Old 04-27-07, 08:22 AM   #35 (permalink)
2D Memory Champion, Airborne Virus Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Invasion of The Galactic Goobers Champion, Jewels Of Hell Champion

Car 1: 1994 Leg

iTrader Score: 50 reviews
I guess your brake lights are on because the JDMs don't have the extra light bulbs on the side of the tail lights. I actually sent a spare set of tail lights to Kazzu in Japan , and of course money to buy another set of JDM for the mod'ing to my USDM. I don't like the JDM tails since at night they look like your to lazy to change the burned out light bulb on the side. It only cost $71 to ship light up there where your at $550 or around there what is $71 buck more?

Damn, Kazzu I hope my tails aren't in that 6 month back log....?
MoisTiCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 08:51 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoisTiCaL View Post
I guess your brake lights are on because the JDMs don't have the extra light bulbs on the side of the tail lights. I actually sent a spare set of tail lights to Kazzu in Japan , and of course money to buy another set of JDM for the mod'ing to my USDM. I don't like the JDM tails since at night they look like your to lazy to change the burned out light bulb on the side. It only cost $71 to ship light up there where your at $550 or around there what is $71 buck more?

Damn, Kazzu I hope my tails aren't in that 6 month back log....?
Correct, they have one less bulb/reflector on the side of JDM tails making my 'Brake Lamp' indicator light up on my gauge cluster. It's really hard to tell the difference at all, Joe didn't catch it on his JDMs until we installed mine, and they light up just as much I don't see how they look different in brightness really..

I'll get some night pics up soon, it maybe less bright depending on the bulbs you use. If I had an extra set of USDM tails, I would have sent to Kazu but I needed to drive with taillights on my car and it would cost me more money to buy another set off eBay and I would have to spend even more money on top of the cost of another set of USDM tails to send em to Japan, which would not total out to be just 71$ more.

I was under the impression that Kazu's shop in Japan was busy and wouldn't have another set made for several months....so you are getting R/C/R tails made now?

Last edited by Blingting; 04-27-07 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-27-07, 08:27 PM   #37 (permalink)
2D Memory Champion, Airborne Virus Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Invasion of The Galactic Goobers Champion, Jewels Of Hell Champion

Car 1: 1994 Leg

iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingting View Post
Correct, they have one less bulb/reflector on the side of JDM tails making my 'Brake Lamp' indicator light up on my gauge cluster. It's really hard to tell the difference at all, Joe didn't catch it on his JDMs until we installed mine, and they light up just as much I don't see how they look different in brightness really..

I'll get some night pics up soon, it maybe less bright depending on the bulbs you use. If I had an extra set of USDM tails, I would have sent to Kazu but I needed to drive with taillights on my car and it would cost me more money to buy another set off eBay and I would have to spend even more money on top of the cost of another set of USDM tails to send em to Japan, which would not total out to be just 71$ more.

I was under the impression that Kazu's shop in Japan was busy and wouldn't have another set made for several months....so you are getting R/C/R tails made now?
It would have have been much more burden waiting around ebay for a decent priced set of tails that wait and the ship out and wiat some more. Yeah, I sent KA a set of tails around the same time you bought his JDMs. Cause he gave me two options to buy his JDMs or send him a set and funds to buy another set of JDMs for the mod'ing. So I expect mine to come in a month since its been about 2 or 3 weeks since I sent my tails there.

Tails look Good!! I was somewhat worries they would look great on lighter colored legends (except white). But like your color, cashmere, and such.
MoisTiCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 11:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
is this real life?

Car 1: Pearl White '91 LS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
watch out mike.. you know i have your address!

hahaha... beautiful upgrade.. im lost for words. i really need those

Check us out on IRC chat!
Server: EFnet
Channel: #acura-legend

Need a chat client? www.mirc.com
or web-based www.mibbit.com
asdfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-07, 07:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 LEGEND L TRINI RED

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 931stlegend Send a message via Yahoo to 931stlegend
looking good
Old 04-29-07, 12:33 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
watch out mike.. you know i have your address!

hahaha... beautiful upgrade.. im lost for words. i really need those

Oh' I know.

Thanks Mario
Old 04-29-07, 08:47 AM   #41 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i like those...but it dosent really go with the color of your car...if it was black or something darker it would look beautiful!
no offense just my opinon...nice job tho!
legend-minded29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 02:42 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 931stlegend View Post
looking good
Thanks B.
Old 05-31-07, 04:42 PM   #43 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Black L Coupe
Car 2: 91 Red LS Coupe(RIP)

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JTJohnny102 Send a message via MSN to JTJohnny102
looks good, i just cant justify ever spending 550 bucks on taillights that only other owners would notice
JTJohnny102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 06:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

custom r/c/r jdm tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJohnny102 View Post
looks good, i just cant justify ever spending 550 bucks on taillights that only other owners would notice
Thanks man, its all good.

I do understand where your coming from, I don't think I can even justify spending how much I did, but I did it to be unique and because I wanted them badly enough.

I could have waited and spent hundreds of dollars getting a silicone mold made, and probably fail to make it perfect and flush like so many have here on this forum.

I could have gotten a set of tails like mine R/C/R already made with a reflector stuck in the middle clear lens and silicone all up in through the entire casing of the lenses for several hundred dollars less but I didn't. I wanted the most professional quality set there is.

People value only what they pay for, and you get what you pay for.

Paying for an object (be it product or service) is an action that requires a choice based on conscious decision. You reach into your wallet and hand over money in exchange for something else. Choice and decision mean you have formed an affirmative belief in the object's value to you. Everybody knows what money is worth.

Conversely, if you don't pay for something -- if I present it to you on a silver platter, who knows how much you value it? Or whether you value it at all?

Value of an object is based on what someone (that person) is willing to pay for it.
Old 05-31-07, 06:33 PM   #45 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingting View Post
I would recommend getting a USDM set made because it has a reflector/bulb on the side not offered on JDM so now I have 'Brake Lamp' indicator ON.
If you want to get that light turned off, without pulling the bulb, try this. It's a way to disable the brake light bulb check from under the dashboard without too much modifications and no need for load resistors (w/LED conversions).
geodeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery