JDM TAILLIGHTS MODIFIED RED/CLEAR/RED INSTALLED - PICS! (no 56k) G2 Sedan - Page 5 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery

All-Legend and RL Gallery Post pics of your Legend or RL here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-07, 11:57 PM   #61 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i KNOW THEY DON'T MAKE THE AFTER MARKET LIGHTS FOR THE G2 LEGENDS, SO HOW AND WHERE CAN i GET THE CUSTOM MADE ONES. R THE CUSTOM MADE ONES FOR THE SEDAN JUST MAINLY RED/CLEAR/RED? NO CLEAR/RED/CLEAR? i'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE LEGALITY OF THE LIGHTS, I CAN GET AROUND THAT. THANKS
konden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-07, 03:30 PM   #62 (permalink)
Flash Poker Champion, Fucking Killer Champion

Car 1: 1993 Acura Legend Sedan LS

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Post not available

Quote:
Originally Posted by konden View Post
i KNOW THEY DON'T MAKE THE AFTER MARKET LIGHTS FOR THE G2 LEGENDS, SO HOW AND WHERE CAN i GET THE CUSTOM MADE ONES. R THE CUSTOM MADE ONES FOR THE SEDAN JUST MAINLY RED/CLEAR/RED? NO CLEAR/RED/CLEAR? i'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE LEGALITY OF THE LIGHTS, I CAN GET AROUND THAT. THANKS

Never seen C/R/C but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Its all legal.

Please read the thread, particularly 8 or 9 posts up.

The answers to all of those questions have already been explained...

I'll quote it again so you don't have to scroll up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingting View Post

There are no aftermarket tails currently available for the G2 Legend, and you cannot just cut out the clear section or bake them open. Also for those who don't know, JDM Legends did not have red/clear stock...that is strictly a custom thing.

A long time ago, HILLTOP a company in Japan, made these custom tails available. Here is a thread where it was recently discussed.
If you are talking about R/C/R or R/C tails DIY, they are probably not gonna look very flush and OEM or quality comparatively to these.

This feat has been attempted many times...vacuum, silicone molds, all sorts of methods people have been known to spend an arm and a leg trying and still have failed, or at least didn't get exactly what they wanted either by having the reflector in the clear part in the middle, or having silicone stuck in the molding or tails themselves or just not as clean and professional looking.

I'm not saying don't try yourself but I thought to myself that for the money and time/effort it would take to make these perfect, I might as well drop the extra cash and have them professionally done. "Flush or bust"

Mine were completely custom made from a set of stock JDM tails, modified to R/C/R at a workshop in Japan.

My signature below has the links with more pictures of the tails themselves installed. This custom set was finally made available after numerous requests from a member in Japan - Kazuu_KA7, and they were sold to me at a super high cost, don't ask. Tails were done professionally by injection mold (no silicone), even higher quality than the HILTOPs were and from what I understand are not available at this time or the foreseeable future.

If Kazu does decide to have another set made to sell, I'm sure you'll hear about it here on the forum.

Ways to get a set like these NOW:

• Have a cheap set made here by removing the amber and replacing it with a clear piece and then sealing it with silicone, like many have already done..

• Find a shop or someone that is familiar with the use of injection mold and have them custom make you a set, kinda like I did. Maybe Kazu will offer ka7 and ka8 sets in the future.

• In the slim-to-none chance that you do find a set on yahoo.auctions.japan, your gonna have to find someone over there willing to buy it, cover the shipping to them, and then to ship it back to you as they do not allow international shipping on that site.

• Go to Japan.

Good luck.

PS- Turn off CAPS LOCKS, online its appears as if you're yelling.

1,420th Post!
Blingting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 04:53 PM   #63 (permalink)

sorry about the caps, no yelling here. I still don't understand out of all the after market clear tails ,how did they overlook this vehicle, unless the demand just wasn't there. it's not like there's difficulty in removing the lights. I even had clear tails for my 540i, and my 300ZX!( now that vehicle you had to melt the adhesive to remove light from body) just tired of seeing posts, where someone says I found a contact in japan and lights might be available.
konden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-07, 06:48 PM   #64 (permalink)

I'm tired too

Quote:
Originally Posted by konden View Post
just tired of seeing posts, where someone says I found a contact in japan and lights might be available.
Well, you don't see any posts like that from me.

I am asked questions about Legend tails countless amounts of times almost every single day, but I've never posted up saying that I have a contact where these might or will be available, not once. I do know Kazu, would lives in Japan, and sold me my JDM custom tails. But as I've said a billion gazillion times, in regards to those tails that I have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingting
This custom set was finally made available after numerous requests from a member in Japan - Kazuu_KA7, and they were sold to me at a super high cost, please don't ask. Tails were done professionally by injection mold (no silicone), an even higher quality than the HILTOPs were and from what I understand are not available at this time or the foreseeable future.

If Kazu does decide to have another set made to sell, I'm sure you'll hear about it here on the forum.
For the reason you just said...I feel ya!

I wouldn't want to have my hopes up either man..
Old 11-08-07, 12:41 AM   #65 (permalink)
DI-your-NAN

Car 1: LegendBashing///Mobile

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drewLegend
These tails = SöGood

'92 LS Sedan = sold as of 10/18/07
drewLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 04:56 AM   #66 (permalink)

mingting

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewLegend View Post
These tails = SöGood

ö WORD!
Old 05-21-09, 12:38 AM   #67 (permalink)

hmm...
i could almost swear i know a guy who does these kinds of jobs..
idk if he could do this job exactly but is worth a shot..
but i just cant put my finger on who it is..
dammit....ill keep u guys posted..as soon as i can remember the damn guys name...
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 03:45 AM   #68 (permalink)
Supa_FLY

Car 1: Acura RSX Type-S
Car 2: Acura Legend L

Send a message via AIM to sf_rsx-s
im down for a set...

2000 Nissan Sentra xe -sold
1990 Honda Civic hatch turbo -sold
2003 Acura RSX-S -DD
1995 Acura Integra GSR-stolen
1992 Honda Civic hatch -sold
sf_rsx-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 02:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Completly rebuilding...

Car 1: '94 LS 6-Spd Coupe

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Would love one too - but this issue has gone around and around this forum for years with no meaningful results so far.
Konig Tantrums, Momo Shift knob & E-brake, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni REDS, Dampner, Web Cams, DV8 y-pipe, OBX headers, Remus exhaust, DV8 intake, Aluminum pulley set, Short shifter, Telion chip, Valentine One w/custom gauge cluster display, MLS strut bar, Tie-Bar
llloydxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery