For those who asked about my different suspnsion set ups - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery

All-Legend and RL Gallery Post pics of your Legend or RL here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-02, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
0000$$$$0000####0000

Car 1: Acura

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
For those who asked about my different suspension set ups

I will add a pic for my Koni/OEM with Koni on low as soon as I take the picture. If the pictures don't show, use the links.
Well, I guess I have to find a new free picture hosting site

This pic is of my Coupe with Koni/Eibach, with Konis set on the lower perch all around.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...0.jpg.orig.jpg

Another view of the same Koni/Eibach set up.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e.jpg.orig.jpg

One more view

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2.jpg.orig.jpg

This pic of my Coupe with Koni/JDM R-Spec springs with Konis set on the upper perch on front, and lower perch for the rear.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a/fe12e4e8.jpg

Close up of the same Koni/R-Spec

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4.jpg.orig.jpg

Close up of rear R-Sec

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...5.jpg.orig.jpg

Last edited by ChrisK; 03-15-02 at 01:31 AM.
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-02, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Talking NICE CAR!!!!!!!!

Where are the cross drilled and slotted rotors with the carbon fiber pads that help to show off the rims and tires? All in all your car is most definitely phat. One more thing how does it handle the curves, pot holes, speed bumps, all in all how does it handle? How low did you drop it?
Mr. Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-02, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 12sec E36 M3

Send a message via AIM to 92coupeon18s
those 1-pieces with the black in the back are nice as hell i love those. Yeah tell how it handles and everything because my konis wil be here monday and i wana know how it is thanks
92coupeon18s is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-02, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
0000$$$$0000####0000

Re: NICE CAR!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bigs
Where are the cross drilled and slotted rotors with the carbon fiber pads that help to show off the rims and tires? All in all your car is most definitely phat. One more thing how does it handle the curves, pot holes, speed bumps, all in all how does it handle? How low did you drop it?
The Brembo drilled/slotted rotors and EBC brake pads are still stitting in my room since the last 5-6 months it seems. I'll be putting it on soon, as I just got my state reconstrutction permit, so I can start adding things again.
Old 02-24-02, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Chris, Thanks for posting the pics.... Do you think that the H&R's with the Konis on the lowest perch like that would be to low? Is the Eibach just perfect, is the car still very useable, and how much was the camber off with your eibach setup?

How big are your rims too?

Also, one more thing, how much are the R-spec's supposed the lower? Are they comparable to the H&R's?

The Eibach/Koni looks great on your car and I'll go with that setup if you think that the H&R setup would be too low?

What I'm afraid of is that I'll get the H&R's and then it will be to low on the lowest perch so then I'll set it on the middle perch and it won't be as low as the Eibach/Koni. Could that happen, or should I not have any problems with that setup?

Thanks Chris.
Old 02-24-02, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I can't wait to see the OEM springs with the Koni's. Thanks for getting back to us on this.

And Speed Demon, with H&R's its gonna be a lot lower. Can some post a pic of Houdini's Gold coupe for Speed Demon. Houdini has the H&R / Koni setup.
CakeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-02, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by CakeDaddy
IAnd Speed Demon, with H&R's its gonna be a lot lower. Can some post a pic of Houdini's Gold coupe for Speed Demon. Houdini has the H&R / Koni setup.
Do you know what perch settings he used though? I'm 99% postive now that I'm gonna go with the Eibach/Koni.
Old 02-24-02, 08:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
http://inexpro.com/legend_temple/

Hey Speed Demon, go to the URL and click on Legend Gallery (on the left) and then click on 2nd Generation. Scroll down to 1995 and you will see Hoody Hamidi's Koni / HR setup. Looks like the lowest perch. You be the judge.

Last edited by CakeDaddy; 02-24-02 at 08:15 PM.
CakeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-02, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't think that he had the front on the lowest perch. It looks to me like he had it on either the middle or maybe even the highest one.
Old 02-25-02, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Question STATE RECONSTRUCTION PERMIT?????

What in the world is a state reconstuction permit? Why would you need it to modify your car? How much is it? Do you have to renew it? What does it restrict? I live in Maryland and we don't have to go through such an ordeal to modify our cars and I have never heard of such a thing. Kind of makes me feel bad for the guys that have to go through such an ordeal. It makes me feel like you guys have to get permission to modify something you didn't have to get permission to buy in the first place. I'm not trying to be hard but it just doesn't seem right.
Old 02-25-02, 04:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
0000$$$$0000####0000

Re: STATE RECONSTRUCTION PERMIT?????

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bigs
What in the world is a state reconstuction permit? Why would you need it to modify your car? How much is it? Do you have to renew it? What does it restrict? I live in Maryland and we don't have to go through such an ordeal to modify our cars and I have never heard of such a thing. Kind of makes me feel bad for the guys that have to go through such an ordeal. It makes me feel like you guys have to get permission to modify something you didn't have to get permission to buy in the first place. I'm not trying to be hard but it just doesn't seem right.
In Hawaii, technically you can't add anything that is not an OEM replacement part to your car without a RECON permit. You can't add aftermarket rims, lower the suspension, add a body kit, headers, intake, exhaust, and so forth without this permit. Now, in the past, and for the most part still today, the cops don't usually bother you for RECON when you simple have a lowered car and rims. The anual safety inpection stations are a 50/50. Some don't care, while others will not pass if you don't hace recon.

For years, I simply put the stock rims back on, and my OEM lights go pass the safety inpsection, but since I lowered the are last year, It would hve been harder to pass. Also, technically, a cop could pull you over simply for having no recon if he wanted to, as that would have been probably cause, since you are technically breaking the law. I have to list all my modifications, and the inpsector checks everything to make sure it complies with the law. For example, the lowest part of the front license plate needs to be at least 12" from the ground. You need to have proof of an alignment that is within OEM spec that is within a 30 day period. All parts must be DOT approved, and so on. I only claimed my Koni shocks and lowering springs, and 17" rims. So technically, I can't add an exhaust, or my brembo rotors, as it is not listed on the mod sheet, but most people will not check for those things. I got it mainly so I don't get pulled over, or ticketed for not having a recon. The recon permit is revokable as well. If I add more things, I need to take it back to be inspected, and to add those things to the list.

We are allowed to go 1.5" over stock rims, and anything more you need an affidavid that says the over all rims size and over all diamter does not exceed 7% over the stock rims.
Old 02-25-02, 09:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
502MotorSports.com

Car 1: e39 540i | e28 533i [Euro]
Car 2: e60 530i | e46 330i
Car 3: S430

Send a message via AIM to 502 MotorSports Send a message via Yahoo to 502 MotorSports
OUCH!

and OUCH again!

I would hate that ...but then again, it probably eliminates those rice boys with the obnoxious exhausts..bbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How much is a recon permit?
502 MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-02, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Unhappy KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!!!

My heart goes out to you playa. Keep up the good work on your legend and by all means keep up with those reconstuction laws. We wouldn't want you to have to pull off all those go fast parts because of lost paper work.
Old 02-26-02, 03:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
I'm too sexy for my car

Car 1: 1993 LS Sedan

Send a message via AIM to Triton3K Send a message via Yahoo to Triton3K
Damm, Chris your koni and eibach setup looks really good. just wish that mines looked like that but I have a sedan and the front doesnt really sit that low. Its still pretty high compared to yours. I might have to go out and see if my mechanic set it on the lowest perch or on the middle perch. Is there any way to tell what perch its on by just looking at the shocks and springs?
Triton3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-02, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Car 1: '95 Coupe
Car 2: '94 Sedan GS
Car 3: '90 Coupe

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to FutureX 2001 Send a message via AIM to FutureX 2001 Send a message via MSN to FutureX 2001
Jeez, and I thought California was bad. Hawaii takes the title.

Last edited by FutureX 2001; 02-27-02 at 02:32 AM.
FutureX 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > All-Legend and RL Gallery