19 x 8.5 on 04 RL? - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-06, 09:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: 96 acura rl
Car 2: 95 s420 benz
Car 3: 96 acura rl

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
no.there wasn't much of a lip on them at all. yes my ride is dropped. i advise you to look at the wheel you want in person before you buy. those zenetti wheels looked nice to me in the book i had ,but when i got them the quality sucked. i wanted to sell them as soon as i opened them.
aftermathacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-06, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackz4Life View Post
By the way 91, was your Teins noisy, like over bumps or when you drive real slow? I was told by several people that coilovers are noisy!!
I don't know where u heard that but coilovers in general are not noisy, they are just like any other strut-spring combo.

the tein coilovers for the tsx cause a squeaky noise when installed on a RL, this is due to the upper rubber mounts which have to be removed. Please do a search.
91LegendCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 11:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
91, you mean like 7.5" up front, 8.5" in the back? I want the staggered look and the lip but I don't want the wheel or tires to stick out past the wheel well. I think that looks so unofficial on luxury cars. Maybe a couple of mm's but not to the extreme. I feel you though, IMO, the ka9's is sexy as hell. They just gotta be dressed right, you know. What sizes do you suggest to stagger and obtain a lip? Again, that's actually the look I want wit' like a 1.5" - 2" drop. Sexy, not over done or the "Fast and Furious" look. SEXY!! Like when I pull up to the club or taking my wife to dinner and valet park, it gets mistaken for an "S" class.
Suggestions 91Legend and anyone else that feels like we do!!!
19 x 8 35 offset or 19 x 8.5 40 offset in front

19 x 9 38 - 45 offset in the back

lip depends on the style of the wheel, there some dude on vipstylecars.com who has a 19x9 37 offset that throws off a huge realistic lip.

Old 11-02-06, 11:31 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Did the wheel and tire stick out pass the fender and was the car dropped?
sticking out a bit is much better than a wheel that is too sunken into the fenders.

I prefer a more aggressive look.
Old 11-04-06, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
91legend can you send me some pics of ur car i wanna put amg rims on mine also i wanna see how it looks in the front and sides thanks
send em too [email protected]
1999acurarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension