Acura Legend Forum banner

22's on a legend

28K views 91 replies 29 participants last post by  IDontKnowOfficer? 
#1 · (Edited)
:wtf:Ok so the newbie has to be an idiot. I am stuffing a set of 22's wrapped with 30's on my 92 legend. now as it sits they of course bind with 2 inch rubber spring spacers they clear but munch fander with every tubby tubby that sits in it. I have seen with some of the "off-roaders" a strut spacer. as a test I cut a 2x6 piece of wood and fit it in as a "spacer" it worked!! Now here is the question Does any one know if there are strut spacers that will fit my car or do I have to make them? I would appreciate any info on this.
:wtf:

Thanks

Shaker

#35 ·
I wanna see a vid of those rims spinning. I like the rims a lot though.

#37 ·
:hide: actually looks kinda nice. good style of rims not too much going on with it kinda plain which is a good thing. iam going to have to eat my words on this one deff can admit when iam in the wrong and say i like it:bowdown: if the big rim thing was my thing i would rock those. congrats on that one. +1 for checkin out a video of those things rollin.

#39 ·
Thanks but the thing with the 22's is you gotta lift it and so far no one has anything besides spring spacers and they f*#@ up the ride so I have to make them (might sell some). I am trying to get a video set up for you all just dont have a camera that works with the computer.

#47 ·
I think what you are referring to are high coils.But who in the hell puts 22's on a legend this is unheard of.You are about to kill your tranny and suspension all in the same breath.I'd reconsider that if it were me.Now as for the wood spacers I'm a Carpenter and I could fashion you a pair out of Cedar.PM me if your interested:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

#49 ·
Its S.V.R. HERPS. as in Shaker Valley Reptiles Herpotologists. Wood spacers would not do good as they bolt between the body and the strut kinda like lift blocks between the axle and leaf springs on a truck. Thanks for the offer though. I am turning some out of steel on the lathe as we speak. It only takes two hours each then i have to mill them for the bolt sockets and center brace.

#51 ·
Its S.V.R. HERPS. as in Shaker Valley Reptiles Herpetologists. Wood spacers would not do good as they bolt between the body and the strut kinda like lift blocks between the axle and leaf springs on a truck. Thanks for the offer though. I am turning some out of steel on the lathe as we speak. It only takes two hours each then i have to mill them for the bolt sockets and center brace.
Thats pretty cool you have access to a lathe...

you might be able to make some really cool parts later on. Who does your custom work?

#52 ·
I own my own lathe and milling machine and interior sewing maching amongst many other shop tools. I do everything myself except for the complex paint due to my color blindness and I also dont do the major machining protions of the engine (boring, magnaflux, decking) I havent gotten those tools yet. My next test of ability is to try my hand at totally molding/forming my own body kit out of fiberglass. I like one off designs.

#54 ·
wow...... propz on getting it done... i must say i didn't they would look good but u managed to somehow pull it off, paint the underbody skirts, it would help in setting in those 22's to the eye, i wouldn't go higher than 20's personally though... i'm rollin on 19's now

#55 ·
Big shoes aren't my thing either, but those look half decent. Props to you for putting up with all the B.S. here. One thing you'll find on this site is that us folks don't tolerate much "rice," which you'll have to admit, 22" rims strikes the rice chord at first. But, again, those look decent.

Also, props on doing all the lathing and material work on your own. I want more better quality pictures of this car PLEASE! Welcome to the forum!

#60 ·
I happen to like the dueces on the sedan. I dont think a coupe could pull it off, but welcome. And dont mind the haters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.