Anyone running wide 3-piece rims... - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-10, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to StraightSuccess
Anyone running wide 3-piece rims...

I'm new, so I haven't done a full search yet, but I did do some looking around to find someone/people running 3-piece forged staggered rims on an Legend. If someone could point me in the right direction to locate some pictures of Legends sitting on 3-piece staggered rims, I would greatly appreciate it. Anything of the nature, eg. 18 x 9.5 +28 in the rear, or 19 x 9 +32 in the rear, with different size fronts would be nice. If someone has a thread or pictures that has those images, I would love to find it. This shall help me gain ideas on rims and clearance. Thanks in advance.
StraightSuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-10, 01:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 acura legend ls

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Welcome to the forum, I wouldn't go wider than 8.5". I have 20"x8.5" with +38 offset and even after rolling the fenders on real hard bumps I get rubbing. If you did go 9"/9.5" wide it would require some modification: pulling/cutting.
Old 03-30-10, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOY View Post
Welcome to the forum, I wouldn't go wider than 8.5". I have 20"x8.5" with +38 offset and even after rolling the fenders on real hard bumps I get rubbing. If you did go 9"/9.5" wide it would require some modification: pulling/cutting.
Remeber, you're on 20's. If one stepped down 2 inches, he/she should be able to make them fit. My salesman at the dealer is searching for me a coupe now. I was thinking about running 18.0" x 9.0" +32 or so in the rear. With rolling fenders and maybe a degree or 2 of negative camer, I shouldn't have any problems. Well at least I hope.

Old 03-30-10, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSuccess View Post
Remeber, you're on 20's. If one stepped down 2 inches, he/she should be able to make them fit. My salesman at the dealer is searching for me a coupe now. I was thinking about running 18.0" x 9.0" +32 or so in the rear. With rolling fenders and maybe a degree or 2 of negative camer, I shouldn't have any problems. Well at least I hope.
+ 32 is cutting it close my +34 are almost touching my calipers! even if it is 20 or 18 the offset is what you have to look out for!

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
+ 32 is cutting it close my +34 are almost touching my calipers! even if it is 20 or 18 the offset is what you have to look out for!
Remember, for ever inch you go wider, you add ~25 mm of additonal offset. So that extra half inch will push the wheel out closer to the fender and clear the caliper easier. You can also run spacers. Another thing, stepping down in diameter makes a huge difference. It becomes easier to clear the control arms and the inner wheel well.

A friend of mine ran 17" x 9.5" +35 on a stock '93 Accord suspension and cleared everthing (of course he tire stretched). I'm sure the Acura Legend has bigger wheel wells than a '93 Accord.

I could be wrong, so when I go to the dealer this week I'll take my tape measurer to check.

With rolling fenders, I will do a mock up on Autocad with the correct measurements to see how a 19.0" x 9.0" +32 fits. I'm looking for 2+ mm clearance between the edge of the rim and the fender. I'm sure the inner part will clear the caliper, but I will double check. If that doesn't work, I'll try 19.0" x 8.5" +32 or so. I can always make the tire fit by running a 225/35/19.

EDIT: Remeber too, I'm talking about 3-piece forged rims where the dimensions of the rims are fully custom. Diameter, Width, Offset, etc.
Old 03-30-10, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fut RIP

but im talking on my sedan and they can take wider wheels then a coupe will and what you said about the wheel height is true.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Old 03-30-10, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
but im talking on my sedan and they can take wider wheels then a coupe will and what you said about the wheel height is true.
So, the sedan has a larger wheel well. Do the suspensions differ from the coupe to the sedan?

Is there anyone with a coupe who has wide wheels staggard (possibly 3-piece forged) on it?
Old 03-30-10, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSuccess View Post
So, the sedan has a larger wheel well. Do the suspensions differ from the coupe to the sedan?

Is there anyone with a coupe who has wide wheels staggard (possibly 3-piece forged) on it?
suspension is the same the only person i can think who has staggered wheels that might be 3 pi3ces is bloodriot but his coupe has a whide custom body kit on it. check out harlemlegendsz threads there 2 coupes on there with staggered wheels not sure if they are 3 pieces

Old 03-30-10, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Holla at Ya Boy

Car 1: Acura Legend Coupe LS 1990
Car 2: Legend 1993 LS Coupe

iTrader Score: 34 reviews
I run staggared RacingHart C4's in the summer 18x8.5 front 18x7.5 in the front. Both front and rear are 51 offset. I have stock suspension and my rear wheel wells are not rolled. No rubbing at all. The tires are alittle streched on the rear 8.5's to compensate. Here are a couple Pics.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by EarlThePearl; 03-31-10 at 12:57 PM.
EarlThePearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlThePearl View Post
I run staggared RacingHart C4's in the summer 18x8.5 front 18x7.5 in the front. Both front and rear are 51 offset. I have stock suspension and my rear wheel wells are not rolled. No rubbing at all. The tires are alittle streched on the rear 8.5's to compensate. Here are a couple Pics.

[/QUOTE]

you should let me date her lol

Old 03-30-10, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Holla at Ya Boy

Car 1: Acura Legend Coupe LS 1990
Car 2: Legend 1993 LS Coupe

iTrader Score: 34 reviews
[QUOTE=L3GDKANG/JDMKANG

you should let me date her lol[/QUOTE]

No Problem, Anytime!
Old 03-30-10, 03:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 acura legend ls

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
^you have one of the nicest coupes on here!
Old 03-30-10, 08:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
That's sexy, clean too. I like it a lot. That's helping the imagination move along.

Just to be safe, maybe run some eg. ZEForged 3-piece 18" x 8.5"/9.0" +32. Hopefully that can fit in the back. That should give me a solid 2" lip in the rear. I'm not worried about the fronts.
Old 09-14-10, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

Love the color of that coupe! I have a 91 as well. I recently sold my Lexus SC300, but kept the 18x8.5" chrome mesh Enkei rims (unless I find a buyer for them). I was always curious as to how they'd look on my Legend. But I was always worried that the chrome wouldn't look as clean up against the red color of the car. I'm more so into the brushed aluminum look nowadays. I think I've outgrown chrome....not to say chrome doesn't still look great on certain cars tho. After seeing your car's photos I'm considering putting these on it. Hell of a car you got there my mannn!
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone running wide 3-piece rims...-ac2.jpg   Anyone running wide 3-piece rims...-ac1.jpg   Anyone running wide 3-piece rims...-lexrims1.jpg   Anyone running wide 3-piece rims...-lexrims2.jpg  
Old 09-14-10, 10:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
Love the color of that coupe! I have a 91 as well. I recently sold my Lexus SC300, but kept the 18x8.5" chrome mesh Enkei rims (unless I find a buyer for them). I was always curious as to how they'd look on my Legend. But I was always worried that the chrome wouldn't look as clean up against the red color of the car. I'm more so into the brushed aluminum look nowadays. I think I've outgrown chrome....not to say chrome doesn't still look great on certain cars tho. After seeing your car's photos I'm considering putting these on it. Hell of a car you got there my mannn!
me id say go for it dont try to do what others do do what you want to do!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension