Falken FK 452 review - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-08, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Civic Hatch (The Constant project)
Car 2: 88 RT4WD Civic Wagon
Car 3: 92 Legend Coupe LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Falken FK 452 review

So after getting the car on the lift the other day, I came to the conclusion that the Kumhos were getting warn down and it was time to try a new tire. I run a set of Falken Azenis on my Civic Hatchback, and love them, so I turned to Falken for my Tires on the Legend.

These were definitly a step up from the Kumhos (had on the Kumho 711), and if I had really thought it through I probably would have gone with an all season (the Falken Ziex ZE-912 would have been a good choice, as from time to time this car might see a light snow) but I picked up a set of the Falken FK 452s for the Legend in a 225/40/18. I got them for a pretty good deal through a local dealer I know, but on line I have seen them for about 150.00.

I have only had them on for a couple of days now, but I am super happy with them so far. Performance is WAY better than my last tires. I admit, I was pretty concerned when I realized how stiff the sidewall was while they were mounting the tires on the wheels, but after riding on them, I could not be more pleased. They are definitely more quiet than the Kumhos, and the performance is outstanding. I really don’t push this car very hard, but grip has increased in the off ramps much more than I expected. And very important, still a VERY comfortable tire. If anything the downfall of the car is the dampers need to have a little more compression force to really take advantage of the tires.

Big Thumbs up, and HIGHLY recommend these tires for anyone looking for a great summer performance tire.

ef_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-08, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
FamilyMan

Car 1: 95SE wht/gry Legend

Had a set in 2001 got online for 98ea w/free shipping from Ca. Kept 3 1/2 yrs in Ct. They have been the best for me in the rain and awesome in cornering. 40psi is what i kept them at. I tried the Azenis too for 1 1/2 yrs Not performance tires. Many things lead to a early demise.
fastbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Civic Hatch (The Constant project)
Car 2: 88 RT4WD Civic Wagon
Car 3: 92 Legend Coupe LS

I am running the 452s at 36PSI cold right now, I may try 40 soon to see the diffrence. I havent hit any water yet, but looking foward to some rain to see how I fair!

Im suprised you didnt like the Azenis. I have them on a set of 15 inch wheels and am really happy with them. Great tire for me anyway. Some auto cross with mostly weekend twisty driving. Havent tracked the tire yet, but we will see as I have a track day (hopefully) in June. No cpmplaints about it at all!

Although I have heard that the version I have is a "newer" version, maybe some improvments have been made?
ef_civic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-08, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Acura Legend LS

iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chapman89
Those look good, I may have to look into them. Btw, we have the same rims! haha
chapman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension