Acura Legend Forum banner

Koni/H&R Set-Up Suggestions

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  KWoo008 
#1 ·
I just picked up some Koni's and H&R springs for my '94 coupe. From what I understand, there are two spring perch heights in the front and three in the rear to choose from. Those of you who are running the same hardware, please chime in on what you prefer. Even better if you can post pics of how your car sits based on your selection. I spoke to someone who ran the fronts on the top perch and the rears on the middle perch, and it looked about right to me but just wanted to hear other people's opinions. I am currently running 18x7.5 rims with +48 offset on 225 40 18s. Also, how do you have your Koni's adjusted? I deal with my share of poorly paved roads here in SoCal, but it's probably better, relatively speaking, compared to parts of the country that face lots of rain and snow. I do not plan on tracking the car... Just some "spirited" driving every once in a while. Would I regret it if I set the Koni's to full soft? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 ·
Since the Koni's aren't compression adjustable, you won't feel a change in the initial hit of the bump. They are rebound adjustable which will help settle the car faster, so I'd suggest running them at full stiff (5 clicks to the right). I had the same setup on my coupe for years before I switched to Ksports. I tried the lowest perch on all 4 corners but my rim/tire setup was the same as yours and I was rubbing in the back pretty hard and bottoming on the fronts with hard driving. Upper and middle is what I went back to and they were fine.

#4 ·
Bounce is usually caused by the springs and upping the rebound setting on the strut will help that, so no, it shouldn't make your ride bouncier.

EDIT: Nothing's gonna help on the 405! And actually, you are stiffening up the suspension, so it will be bouncier than stock. Upping the rebound will help to settle the car more quickly, but it's a sharper bounce. If you're looking to smooth the ride up - leave them at full soft and your car will more gently bounce up and down with the bumps.

#5 ·
My current daily commute is 21 miles each way on the 405... Takes me about 30 - 40 mins to get to work, but the ride home can easily take over an hour!!! :mad:

I'm definitely expecting more bounce with the lowered suspension over stock but just trying to keep it relatively comfortable. I just don't want it to handle any worse than the 165k miles old stock suspension. The other thing I wanted to achieve was a more aggressive look as I think the car sits way too high for my personal taste. Do you have any pics of your car on top (f) and middle (r) perches vs. bottom perches on all four corners?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.