Offset on TL A-Spec vs GS wheels - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-08, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Legend GS
Car 2: 2007 Miata MX-5 PRHT
Car 3: 1985 Subaru BRAT

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Offset on TL A-Spec vs GS wheels

Hey Guys,

So I'm interested in getting TL rims for my GS, and been studying-up on the correct digits. And I like the TL A-Spec wheels, they're 18"x8" w/45mm offset (according to EBay sellers). And I couldn't find the stat that says what the offset on the GS rim is.

I'm aware of the boring that needs to be done (to 70.1mm from 64mm - right?), but what about offset? I don't want to roll fenders, and the suspension is stock.

So what's the offset on my GS wheels? And does anyone see any issues with putting that A-Spec TL wheel on the Ledge?

Please help. Thanks.

-DaBrizat
dabrizat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-08, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Stock wheels on the 95 Legend GS should have been 16 x 6.5 with a 60 mm offset and a 70 mm center bore. the 18 x 8 with a 45 mm offset MIGHT fit but I did some research and was not able to find any others in that dimension that were guaranteed to fit with out modyfying the car so let the buyer beware.
Jake@Tirerack.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Autobahn Champion, Drive and Dodge Champion, Highway Hunter Champion

iTrader Score: 24 reviews
/\ 8in wide with a 45 offset does fit, however, i think the A-spec wheels don't have the same offset as normal TL wheels.

search, tehre was a thread about A-spec wheels which do fit better...

Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-08, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Legend GS
Car 2: 2007 Miata MX-5 PRHT
Car 3: 1985 Subaru BRAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
/\ 8in wide with a 45 offset does fit, however, i think the A-spec wheels don't have the same offset as normal TL wheels.

search, tehre was a thread about A-spec wheels which do fit better...

Thanks - from that I found a thread that I'd seen a while back reagarding the A-spec from a RSX (I'm cloudy on Acura models after 1995), but I don't recall or quickly put my hands on the data on the RSX A-spec wheels (offset, width), but saw that they're 17's. And that might be less intrusive on my stock fenders and suspension, ain'a? (that's a funny thing Wisco people tag onto sentences for some reason)
dabrizat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension