Recommendations for prestine wheel "foundation"? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-09, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Silver Steel KA8 LS

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Uni-Versal
Recommendations for prestine wheel "foundation"?

Whats good A-L fam? Hope all is well... I promise i will finally have finished pics of the legend in the next few months, It's just been a long way coming.... Waaaay to long with some unfortunate mishaps along the way.... ANyhow.....

Clearly the factory spec setup is for 15's When i say this i mean, given that everything is in good shape, 15's i assume will give the most ideal ride in terms of how the car feels driving over everything etc....

I have the 17" TL's n those will undoubtedlyt be my "stocks" for aslong as i have a relationship with my legend. I do at some point want to get either 17" "racing" type wheels, possibly 18"s no bigger! (I had chromies 4 or five years back but i was younger and for me, chrome has run it's course) I also am fed up with having the car feel like a tank on wheels.

My question is. What is the most ideal setup to prep this car for a bigger wheel? I mean what in essence needs to be replaced or added? I am unfamiliar to a degree as to what role each individual part plays on it's relativity to the support of wheels.

Better Axels? Tie Rods? Add a strut bars? something else? I basically would like to ready the front and rear end to appropriately support and reinforce/tighten the wheel size that id'e like to put on my car. I don't want to have say 18inc wheels on a car that can realistically support 15s and be constantly breaking or abusing parts...

Secondly what is the general recommended aftermarket Shock/Strut setup for each type of drive comfort? Whats best for a sporty tight ride and vice versa?

Thanks to anyone who can school and inform me once n for all... lol

Uni~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-09, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
well if all you stuff is good then you will not have to change anything unless you want to lower it. spings if you gonna lower it try koni's or ksports if your roads are not really bad. You can get a really good ride with any size wheel if you have the right tires and springs and struts.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
well if all you stuff is good then you will not have to change anything unless you want to lower it. spings if you gonna lower it try koni's or ksports if your roads are not really bad. You can get a really good ride with any size wheel if you have the right tires and springs and struts.
Damn, really? thats odd. That puts me back at square one. Even now, sometimes i feel like my wheels don't sound/feel as snug as they could be in terms of performance when i drive over certain shit. I guess i shouldn't compare my friends 2008 altima to my 91 legend.

Old 05-11-09, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni-Versal View Post
Damn, really? thats odd. That puts me back at square one. Even now, sometimes i feel like my wheels don't sound/feel as snug as they could be in terms of performance when i drive over certain shit. I guess i shouldn't compare my friends 2008 altima to my 91 legend.
yea when i swopped from my 17's to my 20's the 20's rode way smoother then my 17s but i have way better tires on my 20's then my 17's but im do for new struts.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Old 05-11-09, 07:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

What kind of struts do you have and what are you planning to get. My boy has an 08 328i n that shit handles lovely. It's a stiff, sporty snug ride so of course when he hits a bit it can be a tad rough but its not that serious, the ride performance over-rides any discontent by accidentally hitting a little groove.
I think i want something a bit stiffer, less body lean and better handling.
Old 05-11-09, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
What kind of struts do you have and what are you planning to get. My boy has an 08 328i n that shit handles lovely. It's a stiff, sporty snug ride so of course when he hits a bit it can be a tad rough but its not that serious, the ride performance over-rides any discontent by accidentally hitting a little groove.
I think i want something a bit stiffer, less body lean and better handling.
im on stock struts right now and i do need to replace them i plan to go jic, ksports, or koni reds and ground controls in that order. if you lower the car do it right wit chamber and all that it cost more for the right parts but its better in the long run plus cheaper in the long run.

Old 05-11-09, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cool. So could u break that Camber stuff down? Id'e like to drop it especially if i decide to go with 17's but I'm not crazy about drops due to my region and just sacrificing the body aswell. My lower plastic trim is painted to match the body so that helps make it look lower anyhow... Id'e prolly drop it just enough to make the ratio look decent but nothing crazy... What setup do you recommend or if anyone else knows aswell.
Old 05-11-09, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Cool. So could u break that Camber stuff down? Id'e like to drop it especially if i decide to go with 17's but I'm not crazy about drops due to my region and just sacrificing the body aswell. My lower plastic trim is painted to match the body so that helps make it look lower anyhow... Id'e prolly drop it just enough to make the ratio look decent but nothing crazy... What setup do you recommend or if anyone else knows aswell.
pm ya.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension