RSR springs vs H&R springs vs eibach springs - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-06, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
RSR springs vs H&R springs vs eibach springs

i jus wanted some idea on these springs. i need all the info on these springs. what are go for the smooth ride but have the racing edges. so please help me. thank.
bigant812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-06, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Factory Freak!

Car 1: VGM KA8 5SP
Car 2: Downhill MTB

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 92drls
I personally would go coilovers but everyone wants a different feel and height so if your going with springs I've heard great results about H&R.... "To each his own"
92drls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-06, 06:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
JIC's cost an arm and a leg. Not everyone can afford them.

As for RSR's not very many people have them for the Legend. But based on other cars there seems to be mixed reviews. A lot of the complaints i've seen are they drop cars more than advertised or they're too stiff.

Eibach's give a suttle drop where as H&R's give a bit more aggressive drop. Seems like H&R would suit you better based on your description of what you're looking for.
amplified is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-06, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have H&R's with koni's.. Its a great settup, very stiff and tight with the MLS copy bar. I always loved H&R! Have a set on my accord and just got this set put on the legend today. Will take a pic for you tomorrow if you'd like.
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-06, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Legend LS Coupe
Car 2: 94 Legend LS Coupe
Car 3: 02 RSX

So which of the three offer the best ride quality? Im not really a street racer I just whant the soft ride of the legend with a more aggressive look. Anyone looking for the same?
Elver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-06, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
I like shiny
Breakout Champion

Car 1: 91 LS Coupe (GONE)
Car 2: Current-02 Corvette
Car 3: 94 LS Coupe (Bro's)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
I have Koni shocks with Eibach springs. It's a subtle drop and it feels just fine. Pretty close to OEM.

91LSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-06, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Get a KONI Sport Kit and leave the shocks on the out of the box setting.
ivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-06, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
doin it since 99

Car 1: 64 suicide door lincoln

I love my H&Rs.had them on since 2000 and still ride good.
mattslegend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-06, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992

Send a message via AIM to GSteg
Out of all those, I'd go for the H&R if you can't afford coilovers.

H&R has a reputation of being high quality, mixed with excellent performance.
Old 06-09-06, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 Black/Black LS Coupe

I've got Konis and H&Rs and while i like the level of drop (lookwise), the frontend rides really hard. Every decent bump shakes the car and jars the dash. It is as if I really have no front suspension at all. I'm running an Ingalls camber kit and have and have "shaved" the upper control arm ends down a little but have only been able to solve the issue of the arms rattling against my inner fenders for a limited time. People question whether it is safe to ride in my car because it sounds like the front suspension is going to fall out.
Anyone else have this issue? I'm really sick of the banging around and crappy shock absoption up front but I hate how high stock Legends ride. I'm seriously thinking of swapping out for Eibachs, they just aren't a very aggressive drop though.
Anyone else with this setup been battling this issue? I welcome your comments and suggestions.
Thanks
trippleblackac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-06, 05:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

BTW - springs are on top perch (f) and middle perch (r). Yes I always check and have had my mechanic check upper/lower ball joint, tie rods, etc. when its on a lift and all is fine. I dod that my bumpstops have disintegrated but that should only have an effect on preventing bottoming out.
When I stomp on it on the highway I seem to feel the front slightly raise up (suspensiowise) which I seem to remember it use to be alot more stiff when I first put the suspension on a couple years ago. I originally had the shocks on full soft but adjusted them up about 1/4 turn about 6 months ago. It was a little more responsive and slightly bouncy or quick to recover (rebound) at first but now I swear they feel more soft again. Koni is telling me thats normal. I just want to fix this -- im sick of a crappy, rattling ride.
Thanks.
Old 06-09-06, 06:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
doin it since 99

Why do you need the camber kit?I have mine aligned every 6 months when shes running properly and use h&r springs w/oem shocks,if your konis are on the top perch and the arms are all straight you should not need the camber kit.At the shop we had to use an ingalls kit on one with konis and eibach on the lowest perch but the car had hit a curb,still no shaving of anything or rattling.I don't think your problem is the springs.Did you cut the bumpstops in half?Check to make sure everything is tight and all the bushings are in place andnot worn out.
Old 06-09-06, 06:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've never heard of anyone not using a kit with H&Rs and not experiencing some uneven wear-- Ive heard you don't need one with Eibachs. I rode without a camber kit for a few -- 6 months and it started wearing my inner treadblocks. I dislike the Ingalls kit - always got to regrease it because it squeaks and my car sounds like a carriage.
As far I know and anyone can tell me, nothing is obviously worn on my car -bushing wise. As mentioned before, my bumpstops are non existent - they disintegrated.
Also, when I back up out of a parking spot and turn the wheel, a loud pop will come from the front like the arms are rubbing and popping off the inner fenders. Are you telling me that your car rides good with H&Rs and stock shocks? And you have no rattling issues. Does your car take bumps (potholes, changes in elevation of concrete slabs greater than 3/4 inch) smoothly? If so, WTF is wrong with my car. It is seriously driving me insane.
Thanks.
Old 06-09-06, 06:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
doin it since 99

Yes it rides good-no rattling issues at all.As for smooth I gave that up with 215/35/19 tires,also I have removed the inner fender wells[plastic parts].
Old 06-10-06, 11:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

I have Eibachs and Koni reds with 215/35/19s on my coupe. I can't complain about the feel b/c of the tires, but the suspension setup is great. I have no idea if they are on soft or hardest setting (I have nothing to compare it to as the shop put them on and I drove away- thats it).

I can say that it is barely noticeable of a drop. These 19s raised the car a tiny bit and now I can pull forward into parking spaces pretty much all the way until it hits my tires, no rubbing unless its a huge block. But with that drop and stock tires, I would barely scrape the block everytime.

Wish I had gone with H&Rs. If anyone with H&Rs would rather have Eibachs, email me and we'll switch. [email protected]

Kevin
LegendLuck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension