Vibration While Braking? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-12, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 2004 Acura TSX
Car 2: 1994 Honda Civic DX
Car 3: 2003 VW Passat 1.8t

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Vibration While Braking?

Hi,

My friend's 2004 Acura TSX vibrates when braking hard, but...

We replaced the front pads/rotors 9 months ago, and replaced a bad upper control arm last week. Since the UCA was replaced, both front wheels are super-solid when rocking the vehicle while parked. I can't isolate the vibration to either side of the car. It's not the ABS kicking in. Applying the parking brake at speed doesn't produce the vibration, but also doesn't produce the braking power that would be needed to generate the vibration using the pedal. What else could be causing this vibration?
Hanoihancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-12, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Legend L Coupe
Car 2: 90 CB7 H22A1 M2F4

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
its your rotors , they are going to be bent , if you lift up the car , take off the front tires , and look at them while they are turning , you will see they spin as if they were wobbling , which causes the vibration , cause your applying even force against an uneven surface ,
Old 10-02-12, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Another 3.5er

Car 1: Gold '95 G2 Acura Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JonsLegend
It's called rotor runout. Can be corrected one of two ways. By turning the rotors with a brake lathe or replacing them rear brakes will also cause a vibration

Old 10-02-12, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: Kat - '95 KA8 T2 LS
Car 2: Jade - '95 KA7 T2 GS
Car 3: '87 KA3 LS - Donated

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Get a good brand name rotor and brake pad like akebono and you should be good to go... Don't go for the cheap brands or they will fail again probably within a year... GL
Old 10-05-12, 12:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well, based on what I've search from blogs, forum discussion and little research on Google, most probably the problem is with your ROTOR.
michika12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

In my opinion, worn caliper guiding pins could also be a reason for vibration. However, if you are looking to replace of of your Acura TSX parts then I guess you should check this inventory automotix.net/usedautoparts/2004-acura-tsx-inventory.html
Galal-Orvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoihancock View Post
Hi,

My friend's 2004 Acura TSX vibrates when braking hard, but...

We replaced the front pads/rotors 9 months ago, and replaced a bad upper control arm last week. Since the UCA was replaced, both front wheels are super-solid when rocking the vehicle while parked. I can't isolate the vibration to either side of the car. It's not the ABS kicking in. Applying the parking brake at speed doesn't produce the vibration, but also doesn't produce the braking power that would be needed to generate the vibration using the pedal. What else could be causing this vibration?
May be this vibration is due to wheel out balancing or may be any other reasons . But Quail Roost Tire Center have skills that your car really needs. I have been regular customer of Quail Roost Tire Center and it provides expert services that will makes your car running smooth as ever. It has done a good work on my auto repair needs. It offers wide range of auto repair services including engine service, oil changes, breaks, shocks, alignment, suspension, ac service and other repair services that your car may need so, I recommends you to must visit qrtire.com for fixing that vibration problem.
manuelamarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend L Cloth Type II Auto
Car 2: 1994 LS Coupe 6speed

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelamarrero View Post
May be this vibration is due to wheel out balancing or may be any other reasons . But Quail Roost Tire Center have skills that your car really needs. I have been regular customer of Quail Roost Tire Center and it provides expert services that will makes your car running smooth as ever. It has done a good work on my auto repair needs. It offers wide range of auto repair services including engine service, oil changes, breaks, shocks, alignment, suspension, ac service and other repair services that your car may need so, I recommends you to must visit qrtire.com for fixing that vibration problem.
Why does your location say Florida when you sent the stupid reply above from Ludhiana, India?

Get a life.

Old 08-04-14, 05:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: honda

Smile

hello friends.

According to me you have Change the car rotor and get a good brand name rotor with brake pad like.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension