WHAT IS THE BIGGEST SIZE RIMS I CAN FIT? - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-07, 03:15 AM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
OK now you guys got me thinking 20's now. I was going with 18's but was afraid that 20's would scrub the wheel well.

The_Bionic_Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-07, 04:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Silver Steel KA8 LS

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Uni-Versal
To the og poster. I don't think the wheels u want would fit the size style u are looking for.
The wheels in particular look to me like racing wheels, I would go with chromies if u wanna go 20's. Ur gonna look silly with 20" racing wheels on a sedan.

If I didn't know any better id'e think u were trynna go Big but save money by going race because 20" chromies = BIG $
I paid like 2300 for my 18's in 02 so....
N let me say this for the people that have 20" chromies, doesn't your car feel like a tank?
I mean it drives alot better because of the wider grip but damn did my coupe feel like it was obese.
Old 01-11-07, 07:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Stu

Car 1: 2005 Lexus LS430

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni-Versal View Post
.... damn did my coupe feel like it was obese.
Well if you want small go with 17s. Why do you think Im selling my 17s ????
Because on a sedan they are WAY TOO SMALL !

Do what u want it your car, but 19 are ok. POST PICS PLEASE when your done !
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-07, 08:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

Car 1: Vertex Lexus RX330 Harrier
Car 2: Job Design Lexus GS3
Car 3: Widebody Lexus SC430

Send a message via AIM to Legendtoo
How many 20" rim posts have been made.....seems like more lately now that a Legend is an inexpensive platform to start modifying. I just cringe when I hear about people who want to "DONK" or "DUB" them out......just downright sad....

....not like the good old days where we were trying to get BBK's made, looking for that perfect sized 19" wheel from SSR, getting CF hoods done, asking about Aero Magic lips, bringing in Magellan kits.....ahhh, the good old days...
Legendtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 10:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendtoo View Post
How many 20" rim posts have been made.....seems like more lately now that a Legend is an inexpensive platform to start modifying. I just cringe when I hear about people who want to "DONK" or "DUB" them out......just downright sad....

....not like the good old days where we were trying to get BBK's made, looking for that perfect sized 19" wheel from SSR, getting CF hoods done, asking about Aero Magic lips, bringing in Magellan kits.....ahhh, the good old days...
yeah, the good old days when people only asked questions once, because they knew how to search the forum for the info they needed
spawn_of_stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 10:59 AM   #21 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:

thats just it the good old days! it's a whole new generation now! dubs on a 91 copue stock strust and springs! Donk and dub out as always the haters come out if you don't like and it's not your style don't look at it! I'm sick of everyones legend looking the same! but it's not my car so i could careless!
L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 12:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend

DAMN SO AMNY HATERS!! LOL

OHH AND THATS THA KIND THAT I WANT.. IM GONNA GO BLACK..WITH THE CHROME LIP!

MY CAR IS WHITE....

YEAH THEY ARE RACING WHEELS WHICH IS WHY I WANT THEM.. I LIKE TO RACE A LOT.. AND THEY ARE LEIGHTWEIGHT COMPARED TO THE REGULAR ONES.. AND FOR THE CHORMED ONES THEY DONT HAVE 20S I BELEIVE THEY ONLY GO UP TO 19s SO I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO GO BLACK WITH THE CHROME LIP
BigV69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 03:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
Quote:

get over it. things change and people will express themselves differently. Remember when 16s were all the rage and 17s were outrageous? what about when 18s were just right and 19s were too big...now 19s just right and 20s too big. IT's starting to make its way to 20s just right and 20+ too big...

Sh*t changes, evolves and tastes change...that's the way of the world.

BTW, I still think that "custom" body kit on your old Coupe was a hideous attempt at stylization. but that's just me. Don't bang on people's modes because yours aren't perfect. If you can't or refuse to offer help, can't and refuse to put forth useless posts on the subject.

As for the poster.

You're going to have to go for the 20x7.5" wheel. anything else other than that and you'd better be willing to pay 5k or better...It is going to be EXTREMELY hard to fit without crazy modifications to the wheels or the body, or BOTH! 20x8.5s are typical and if you want to drop you're going to have to find a high offset wheel and shave the fenders. Or modify the wheels (which most people wont do)

but 20s will fit if you get the right wheel/tire combo. Typically a 225/xx-20 tire is going to be the only tire that's not going to give you issues.

Also, Search up this topic. I'm almost certain a thread was made about 3 or 4 months ago with this EXACT same title.

EDIT:

BTW...

https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ight=20s+sedan

that's a sedan with wheels like you're looking for. It helps to search...that was on the first page of typing "20s Sedan"

Last edited by B+O; 01-11-07 at 04:01 PM.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 04:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
get over it. things change and people will express themselves differently. Remember when 16s were all the rage and 17s were outrageous? what about when 18s were just right and 19s were too big...now 19s just right and 20s too big. IT's starting to make its way to 20s just right and 20+ too big...

BTW, I still think that "custom" body kit on your old Coupe was a hideous attempt at stylization. but that's just me. Don't bang on people's modes because yours aren't perfect. If you can't or refuse to offer help, can't and refuse to put forth useless posts on the subject.

As for the poster.

You're going to have to go for the 20x7.5" wheel. anything else other than that and you'd better be willing to pay 5k or better...It is going to be EXTREMELY hard to fit without crazy modifications to the wheels or the body, or BOTH! 20x8.5s are typical and if you want to drop you're going to have to find a high offset wheel and shave the fenders. Or modify the wheels (which most people wont do)

but 20s will fit if you get the right wheel/tire combo. Typically a 225/xx-20 tire is going to be the only tire that's not going to give you issues.

Also, Search up this topic. I'm almost certain a thread was made about 3 or 4 months ago with this EXACT same title.

EDIT:

BTW...

https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ight=20s+sedan

that's a sedan with wheels like you're looking for. It helps to search...that was on the first page of typing "20s Sedan"
i couldn't have said it better!
L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 05:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Car 1: Vertex Lexus RX330 Harrier
Car 2: Job Design Lexus GS3
Car 3: Widebody Lexus SC430

Send a message via AIM to Legendtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post

You're right.......really don't like the way things are going with styling Legends these days, but that's just me.
Legendtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 08:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Metro Legends™

Car 1: 90L Colbolt Blue RIP
Car 2: 90LS Melbourne Blue
Car 3: Both are sedans^

Send a message via AIM to BubzBeats Send a message via Yahoo to BubzBeats
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bionic_Pig View Post
OK now you guys got me thinking 20's now. I was going with 18's but was afraid that 20's would scrub the wheel well.

that joint is PIMP!!!!
Old 01-12-07, 11:37 AM   #27 (permalink)

Car 3: 1994 Legend 6 Spd.

IMO Legends look better dropped. Well, unless if you decide to give it a whole new body job.

Looks better dropped stock!..
Old 01-12-07, 07:55 PM   #28 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend

HEY THANKS GUYS... YEHA THOSE WOULD LOOK SICK ON MY CAR...

AND MY CAR IS ALREADY LOWERED A TAD.. THAT IS WHY I WANT SUPER LOW PRO TIRES...
BigV69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 01:08 AM   #29 (permalink)

Car 1: Boxster S, Subaru STi, Subaru WRX, AMG E55, Benz E320 Coupe, & Benz 190e

You also have to consider that the stock brakes look ridiculous with the bigger wheels.
Old 01-14-07, 01:53 AM   #30 (permalink)
DI-your-NAN

Car 1: LegendBashing///Mobile

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drewLegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas86 View Post
You also have to consider that the stock brakes look ridiculous with the bigger wheels.
Very true.

But it doesn't matter if you get hideous wheels like this...

'92 LS Sedan = sold as of 10/18/07
drewLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension