What's all the fascination.... - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

サ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
サ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-07, 11:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: Vertex Lexus RX330 Harrier
Car 2: Job Design Lexus GS3
Car 3: Widebody Lexus SC430

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Legendtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
Mark

you choose the worst shot, low angle picture of a set of cheap 20 wheels on a Legend and expect it to make a point. You've given "props" to a set of 20s on a Legend and i will pull up the post if you want me to. why renege now?
First, I picked a pic that I thought was a non-member so no one would get pissed. I'm sure I've given props to a proper fitting set of 20's, but there are so many others that are just ill fitting. Again, it's just my opinion.....and why are you getting your panties in such a wad on this subject.....these are just my opinions....
Legendtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-07, 12:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendtoo View Post
First, I picked a pic that I thought was a non-member so no one would get pissed. I'm sure I've given props to a proper fitting set of 20's, but there are so many others that are just ill fitting. Again, it's just my opinion.....and why are you getting your panties in such a wad on this subject.....these are just my opinions....

i'm actually not mad or wadded up at all. Just kinda tired of the hate/criticism from people who's tastes are subpar as well. Not everybody is going to like something nobody here is important enough for anyone to really care what they think, so it's pointless to bash on people. Like i said before, for every person that likes something, 3 people will not like it.

From what i remember when i was here back in the day, it was about camaraderie regardless of what people did to their cars. Remember that one dude Mike (i think his name was Mike S) who took pics at the airport with that HUGE supra spoiler on that back of his coupe? nobody ate him up and made fun of him for his spoiler. just gave him love. Helped him with his problems, i don't know where that guy is anymore, but that's it...

What about Rob Pia, Ol' boy Revolutionized the game with body kits. Not saying his body kits were anything to write home about...matter of factly they weren't very good looking at all, but he made a splash and that's all that mattered. Even with the ViS Cyber kit (arguably the ugliest kit available for the Legend) though it was not of rob's doing if i remember correctly, it was someone he knew. When it came out it was all love because it was different.

Not until a few years ago with the influx of immature people and arrogant asses, has this place started to act like a bunch of Civic people who need your car to look like theirs or they start sh*t talking. Especially annoying for those people who sh*t talk to have serious flaws in their own tastes.

"That's all i have to say about that." Not everyone likes what you like. Let's just leave it at that and if you can HELP, then by all means help, if you don't want to, just let someone else help...

Something that does bother me recently is the constant use of bad grammar without care. I'm known to throw a slang phrase out every now and again, and let's be honest...my spelling is sometimes lackluster at best (mostly because i don't care to fix it) but lets at least keep it comprehensible.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 08:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Black LS Coupe
Car 2: 2000 cbr 929 RR
Car 3: 2002 Blue TL

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
^^ applauding i absolutely agree

"In life you are the person who you have met through others". -Chris Roberts-
"Although you may think you walk in darkness, always keep your eyes open because you might miss that glimmer of light". -Chris Roberts-

Guidance and protection. Bless
sugerbear008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-07, 09:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Car 1: 2002 Black Infiniti Q45

Quote:
Also...my question is...

how is 19 okay, but 20 is too big?

that's 19 right? you're telling me by stepping up to a 20 the WHOLE balance (if there is one to begin with ) of the car would have been off?, i think not. especially with it being as loud, obnoxious, and as some of you would say "ricey" as it is, a set of 20" wheels with the same design wouldn't have looked ANY different. and if you think otherwise, continue reading...

Well personally and this is just my taste, but as much as I like Marks car, I would on my own legend (if i still owned one) go with 18's with the lowest offset i could with the most width 8 in front and 8.5 or 9 in the back with fender processing. Because I do think that even 19's to some degree don't look proportional either. Its only the addition of the body kit on Marks car that sets off the 19's IMO. Can we get some good pictures of legends with 20 inch wheels?

D.

"I have a master plan"

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey."-John Ruskin

"Being able to afford to buy a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two different things. Realize that little, if anything post-purchase on a Legend is "cheap"." the GS

pierinimob: But i love the JIC's the turning is orgasmic, i wouldnt go back to stock ever
dvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-07, 12:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Blk LS Coupe

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvp View Post
Well personally and this is just my taste, but as much as I like Marks car, I would on my own legend (if i still owned one) go with 18's with the lowest offset i could with the most width 8 in front and 8.5 or 9 in the back with fender processing. Because I do think that even 19's to some degree don't look proportional either. Its only the addition of the body kit on Marks car that sets off the 19's IMO. Can we get some good pictures of legends with 20 inch wheels?

D.
19's on his car looks good because its done right.

I'm no fan of 20's on the Legend either due to the proportions, the car just doesn't have enough sheet metal to pull it off. One would have to add more realestate to balance it see red car with body kit above on 19's. If a guy wants to put 22's on his Ack-rite then its his business and more power to him. I wont hate. I understand with the influance of the Donk/ Box & bubbles people will be interested in applying these wheels on whatever car they own, but if your going to do it do it right. See below as a reference.

Old 01-24-07, 12:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

oh...i missed this question...

as for the pics...there's VERY few on this forum. but i'll pull some up.

as for the wheels (this is going out to everyone) in relation to the HI-SIDER, Hi-RISER, or SLAB type of cars. Please get it right, a Donk is a type of Hi-sider and/or Slab...typically a 1970s Chevy Malibu/Caprice/Impala...It's like calling every Civic a "Type R" and ever Import tuned car Even VIP a Rice Rocket. Each type of Hi-Sider has its own way of being fitted with overly large wheels, the Donks and the bubbles typically aren't raised up very much, Boxes are the ones that you see raised up a LOT. If you're going to halfway give recognition, don't even bother.

They're called "Slabs" in texas, and More known as Hi-Riders or Hi-Siders depending on how far south you go. on the east coast. the publication that SHOWCASES these cars is called Donk Box & Bubble And those are just types of the cars that are used. Originally intended to describe only Chevrolet...people mistakenly apply the name to all the cars. Especially "donk" like that's what all of them called. It just sounds incredibly ignorant if you can't even tell what you're look at it when you talk about them, and your opinion is instantly mooted.
Old 01-24-07, 01:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoG View Post
19's on his car looks good because its done right.

I'm no fan of 20's on the Legend either due to the proportions, the car just doesn't have enough sheet metal to pull it off. One would have to add more realestate to balance it see red car with body kit above on 19's.
In all honesty, i believe the 19 is on the bottom end of an Extremely narrow range of acceptable for his car. the 19 looks a bit conservative and an 18 would be laughable, and pointlesss...i would seriously laugh at a car with 18s if it was that outrageous, and that big.

as far as the size and "more sheetmetal" theory, i do belive you. Hence me saying "the 19 and the 20 wouldn't look any different" well, they would, but with all that action, and eye clutter, the car would have been better suited on 20s of the same design.

With that back end the way it is, it's just ugly, and uneven...lower the side skirt and the front bumper and those 19s would be acceptable, but not optimal to match the outrageousness of the car.

That particular example needs a better stance (it's lowered but not enough for the wheels, the front needs to come down about an in and a half more and the rear about .75" to set off the stance). Also, the wheels are too thin for the tires. a bit of fender work would allow an 8" wide witht he 225s and that would reduce the "fat tire" look of the wheels.

Again, that isn't a great example because 1. the guy took angles i specifically told him not to and two, the tire fitment is not great.

this is one that people seemed to love.

Whole stance is set right and it's in that RACER style that people can seem to wrap their mind around better.

Over 20 and it's too much without a kit or anything to match it. in person a 20 doesn't look that bad, but this is a 21" at 20" you've got the Max amount of "metal/metal/rubber" you can have on the car without some sort of body kit.

21s are a bit too much and don't even fit IN the wheel wells. a 20" fills the entire wheel well but isn't too big for it...not just the top to bottom but from side to side...unlike a 19"
Old 01-24-07, 01:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

i'm still looking for the pic of the white sedan that people nutted over and when they found out it was 20s they started to shit talk. even when before they thought it looked good.

That was the epitome of two-faced hating on this forum.

I found some of the pictures... It's jacked up and having the brakes replaced (that's not the actual ride height)

that's the car, but i can't find the thread with it on the ground.
Old 01-24-07, 04:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkonblkcpe View Post
Shiet, more than happy with my 17"s cause I don't sacrifice the ride, (with 225/50/17's), and my speedometer is right on the money.
yep

That's all that matters, doesn't matter what anyone else says, and they can shove it if they've got a problem with your 17s. That was my main point, let people do what they please, and if they need help, help them out, otherwise keep it movin
Old 01-24-07, 08:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Car 1: 2002 Black Infiniti Q45

Quote:
i'm still looking for the pic of the white sedan that people nutted over and when they found out it was 20s they started to shit talk. even when before they thought it looked good.

That was the epitome of two-faced hating on this forum.

I found some of the pictures... It's jacked up and having the brakes replaced (that's not the actual ride height)

that's the car, but i can't find the thread with it on the ground.
That would look decent slammed, but the brakes are way too small for the wheels. A BBK would set them off.

D.

"I have a master plan"

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey."-John Ruskin

"Being able to afford to buy a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two different things. Realize that little, if anything post-purchase on a Legend is "cheap"." the GS

pierinimob: But i love the JIC's the turning is orgasmic, i wouldnt go back to stock ever
dvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 02:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
502MotorSports.com

Car 1: e39 540i | e28 533i [Euro]
Car 2: e60 530i | e46 330i
Car 3: S430

Send a message via AIM to 502 MotorSports Send a message via Yahoo to 502 MotorSports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Millette View Post
Again, I think it boils down to the wheel choice and balance. Throw some nice 20s with the correct offset and good lips on it, and then you are talking.
Not the ugly 20s from Pep Boys....nice 20s.

Wait til I get my Legend, I will show y'all how to do it up right, especially since I am going to be Kentucky/Ohio Valley's distributor for wheels from a new company (multipiece, custom paint, forged..... )

Hey guys...these are the wheels I was referring to: Sin City Wheels
502 MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 12:22 AM   #27 (permalink)

Car 1: Vertex Lexus RX330 Harrier
Car 2: Job Design Lexus GS3
Car 3: Widebody Lexus SC430

Send a message via AIM to Legendtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Millette View Post
Hey guys...these are the wheels I was referring to: Sin City Wheels

Leon,

Do you know what type of aluminum they use? Here is a new company I hooked up with. They are sponsoring my Lexus...

www.vipmodular.com

They use 6061 T6 aerospace grade billet. The type of material makes a difference.
Legendtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 01:18 AM   #28 (permalink)

Car 1: Evo
Car 2: Legend
Car 3: Colt

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
The stock wheel/tire package is 24.68" in diameter. A 20" wheel with a 225/30/20 on it is 25.31" total diameter. If the idea is to give the appearance of filling up the wheelwell without barely affecting how the transmission and speedometer react this is a reasonable solution. Now whether or not you're willing to ride on rubber bands is the real question I am!

Tom
'91 Pathfinder (Colt tow/winter machine)
'91 Hyundai Excel - beater
'93 Legend Sedan Auto - SOLD
'88 Legend Coupe 5-speed - SOLD

Seeking clean 5-speed G1 coupe!
hi0npsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 02:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
502MotorSports.com

Car 1: e39 540i | e28 533i [Euro]
Car 2: e60 530i | e46 330i
Car 3: S430

Send a message via AIM to 502 MotorSports Send a message via Yahoo to 502 MotorSports
Quote:
Leon,

Do you know what type of aluminum they use? Here is a new company I hooked up with. They are sponsoring my Lexus...

www.vipmodular.com

They use 6061 T6 aerospace grade billet. The type of material makes a difference.
Mark, as far as I know, that is the material that they are using as well. I can confirm tomorrow...
Looking good man...
502 MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 12:06 AM   #30 (permalink)

Car 1: '95LS Milano Red 6spd Coupe

Send a message via AIM to misdeismo
Quote:
Leon,

www.vipmodular.com

hey can you tell me who makes the music on that site? its so soothing, nice easy listening...
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension