Untold Legend - Received! - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-06, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Untold Legend - Received!

I purchased my 1995 Legend LS March 3 2006! I have no clue what to do with myself!

Deep green, original premium Bose stereo system, rims and tint - straight factory! 164,000 miles, clean with very few body blemishes (the usual parking ding or two), cheap! This car drives like a dream. The engine feels as if it was just broken in (and it was)! Passed Virginia Emissions and Maryland inspection EASY!

I have monitored the heat guage religiously, not a twitch! I can't believe my luck. In a month or two, the modifications will begin, starting with rims and tint.

I'm also looking for an OEM CD Changer. Difficult to come by, even on eBay! Any suggestions?

It's great to join this forum. Alot of you have the most beautiful classic Legend's and I hope to stretch by baby as far as you have in the future. This one's a keeper.

Untold Legend's - PeAce

Last edited by Untold Legend; 05-02-06 at 07:00 PM.
Untold Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-06, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Boom Selecta!

Car 1: 1991 Legend Coupe 5spd

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MistaBigXXL
It's nice to have u on the forum. You'll love your legend as we all do.
Some pics would be nice
Old 04-28-06, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!

Car 1: 1995 SE white/silver
Car 2: Flexdex Pro 36
Car 3: Nikon D300, D70

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711
HEY man welcome to the forum!! btw

oh and check out our tristate meet thread (its the biggest in a-l.com HISTORY!!!, possible of 58 legends and a deffinate of 40 so) link in my sig i believe we have some people coming from the DC area, wed love to see your new legend and meet ya

http://www.legendaryphotos.net <-- CLICK FOR NALM PICS

Final Edited NALM Pis are UP!!!
Legendary Special:
$10 for up to 25 Digital files
$25 for 1 8 x 10 Print
Email me at [email protected] for details and a contact sheet.

A-L.com T-shirts + Hoodies for sale! <-- Click
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-06, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blast Billards Champion, Blast Billiards Champion, Cupids Crush Champion, Mumu Champion

Welcome and congrats on Legend. If you dont already know, search for newbie faq and you will find a lot of useful information. These guys here are Legend Guru's there is nothing you can ask that someone on here will not be able to answer.

By the way, forget trying to find a OEM CD changer, youre better off getting the Alpine CHM S634 (or S630, I forget the number exactly - someone correct me) unit and the ALP-HON/ACU adapter cable for the trunk. Those are newer and will last longer than a 11 Yr old unit.

The alpine unit is between $30 to $70 - eBay and the adapter is $15 tops.

Welcome again.
QBoroLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank You....

for the warm welcome everyone. I will post pics as soon as possible. I'll check out the aftermarket disc changers, it's not a bad suggestion, though I am a fan of keeping it original.

Again, thanks for the welcome. I'll be chatting with you soon!
Old 04-28-06, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
.The.Laos.Guy.
Super Soccer Champion

Car 1: 1993 Acura Legend

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to noudles Send a message via Yahoo to noudles
congrats on your Legend and welcome to the forum .. post up some pictures of your car when you get the chance.. and i remember i was also that happy when i first got my Legend

Legends of North Carolina

1993 Acura Legend L [SOLD]
2002 Lexus IS 300 [current driver]
noudles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Car 1: 1995 Legend LS Coupe

I wouldn't bother trying to find an OEM CD Changer. The original ones were made by Alpine. You can find one at Crutchfield for about $275. You'll also need an adaptor cable that you can get at Crutchfield as well. Maybe $300 total.

All I had to do then was to make an adaptor bracket to adapt it to the car. The new one is smaller than the orignal. It looks factory.
oldacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car 1: 02 Audi S4
Car 2: 97 Honda Accord SE

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Why not just get an AUX adapter and an IPOD? The Aux adapter should run you ~$50 if it plugs in where the CD changer should go and $30 if you get the kind that FM modulates and goes through the antenna.

-g
Old 04-28-06, 04:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4gunn
Why not just get an AUX adapter and an IPOD? The Aux adapter should run you ~$50 if it plugs in where the CD changer should go and $30 if you get the kind that FM modulates and goes through the antenna.

-g

I actually have one of the old school tape inserts plugged into my MP3 player type deals. Please tell me more about this adapter and where I can find one.

Thanks,

Untold Baby
Old 05-02-06, 06:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 02 Audi S4
Car 2: 97 Honda Accord SE

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untold Legend
I actually have one of the old school tape inserts plugged into my MP3 player type deals. Please tell me more about this adapter and where I can find one.

Thanks,

Untold Baby
There are three types:
1)AUX Adapter (my choice): $50
Brings out two RCA plugs to inject the signal where the CD changer was going to be. You just get a 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable and you're set. IMO, this is the right combination of signal quality vs. price.
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehonaux.html

2) Fancier AUX Adapters: allow for limited control of the IPOD via the stereo controls (playlist, track forward, track back).
Con: Stupid expensive and can prevent you from using the controls on the IPOD (since the IPOD thinks its docked). Might make sense if you have a tiny IPOD like a Nano.
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehonpcpod.html

3) FM modulator adapters / Fanicer FM Modulator Adapters
Harmon Kardon Drive+Play $30
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9YajjMA...asp?i=108DPFMT
- FM modulator that squirts the signal into your antenna wire.
- better than normal FM transmitter but your quality is limited by the radio
- Worse signal quality compared to a non-FM modulated solution.
- Also comes with a ver that includes fancy screen that lets you actually control the IPOD. Too bad it costs as much as an IPOD
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

All solutions can be installed unobtrusively but require you to take out your factory stereo. It's not that hard if you just take some time and read up on how to dissassemble your dash. The only sign that I have an IPOD is a little black wire that comes out on the passenger's side of the center console. I usually allow it to fall below the seat line so you can't even see it from the outside of the car.

-g

Last edited by S4gunn; 05-03-06 at 02:25 PM.
S4gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 07:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

I did some research on this earlier, but was unable to find this much information. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this in such detail.

I'll include this mod in my new pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)